CDlove
CDlove

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 8:51pm | IP Logged

Di falling, falling down to the ground,

Him rushing towards her catching her before she fell,

The heart rendering, soul wrenching tears,

The scornful sickened looks of her loved once,

The crushing, spiralling sensation inside her heart,

The dull lull of pain pulsating within her...

She walked slowly, her foot steps measured; her feet carrying her as of their own accord to the small courtyard outside the Raizada mansion. The soft cold breeze from far yonder blew gently at her tresses, making curious patters across the air. A faraway clap of thunder reverberated in the soulful chill of the wind and gathering darkness swept across the wide expanse of the sky as angry grey clouds celebrated the union of rain. Sun had set early and the world was swept in a premature darkness marred by occasional retributions of lightening splitting the sky in an electrifying harshness. The parched air hummed with anticipation of a much awaited change.

Khushi bowed her head and let the wind join her voice in the gentle hymns of rain. It blew at her, carrying her away into the dark grey span of the night. Her long simple dupatta blew behind her, following her steps across the courtyard singing a mournful rhyme with the wind.

The numbness she felt inside her could not be for the sole reason of the cold. She felt sickened, ill, almost nauseated. The vile words spoken with the splinted tongue of the demon haunted her every waking moment. But why is it as if in a deja vu moment, she felt as if she had heard these words before?  

Where did it all began and where did it all end?

Why are two opposing attributes intermingling? Why was it so confusing? Why is she even thinking like this?

But then why is it that she has memories of an echo; similar words being uttered by another man- the very man she loved?

"Can't you see, she was seducing you, me, sale sahab; every man to dance around to her tunes"

"With your second class mentality, girls like you will do anything to get what they want"

"You are a cheap opportunist who'll do anything to get what you want"

"You are a cheap gold digger"

"She was trying to seduce me. You are a cheap, worthless, characterless woman. She's mentally ill too."

"I don't even want to breathe the same air as you. I feel disgusted to even share the same room as you. Don't know how I'm going to survive these six months"

"You are such an indecent girl! For your cheap pleasure you are going to seduce your own brother in law?"

"You have an affair with my brother-in-law. Do you think I'll trust you after what I saw with my own eyes?"

"I don't have any feelings for you. Stop coming after me. I love only Rani sahiba. You mean nothing to me."

"Don't think a rich man kept your anklet. You mean nothing to me! Do you understand?"

"Khushi ji you want to destroy Arnav and get all his wealth. Didn't you say that?"

"You will never leave behind all the prospects offered for being Mrs Arnav Singh Raizada. Money, comforts, status. Like a cheap gold digger, you are with me because of my wealth!"

Rain drops fell in torrents, hitting her up turned face. She closed her eyes and let the rain soak her frozen skin, now pouring down from the heavens above.

Why were her enemy's words, words from the man who defamed her and was the sole reason for everything, being intermingle with her love's words, the words from the man whom she had pledged her life and heart, whom she had risked her life on countless occasions?

Why?

What irony is this? Why had her life reached such a disturbing impasse?

On one side the man whom she hated the very guts. On the other, the man she loved with all her heart. Both looked at her, sardonically mouthing words now blending into a perfect symphony of misery.

Rain drops fell harder, faster, running down her hair, her cloths, clinging to her shivering body. She felt delirious, ill and shaky. Voices of two men mixed, collaborated and fused together to make a perfect harmony was now splitting through her head.

All those months of heart break, those wounds inflicted on her that never healed from the day she met Arnav Singh Raizada was broken open again yesterday by Shyam Manohar Jha, now bleeding and oozing her life blood; her spirit. Would anyone be able to save her from detaching herself into a hapless shell of lifelessness?  

The task one man undertook to reduce her to a defenceless soulless spirit had been completed by another man; his very own enemy.

The irony was not lost in her as a wracking shiver ran through her slight frame and she fell to the ground in a dead faint; disguising her tears that's mingled with the rain drops cascading on her still body.

---

"Maami, did you see Khushi?" Arnav was desperate. He hadn't seen her the whole day and he had spent all of his time with his Di, shamefully neglecting Khushi. But she was strong. Much stronger than his sister. She'd be alright. Right now he needed to focus all his attentions on Di who's world had collapsed around her in the span of half and hour.  He will focus on Khushi once the situation was at least a bit better with his Di.

But he needed to find Khushi now. Di had finally fallen asleep and he badly wanted to talk to her, hold her hand, and kiss her sweet soft lips. He was yearning for her the whole day and the urgency to see her had mounted to a crescendo.

"No I haven't seen her" maami said softly, her eyes glowering as she looked at him, her painted mouth set in a thin line. Arnav shook his head to clear it. He didn't have time or patience to swallow any more reproachful glares from the family.

"Payal, did you see Khushi?" he had seen Payal walking towards the kitchen with a sombre angry look etched on her face.

"What do you care? After all, your sham marriage will end in a few more weeks wouldn't it?" She looked uncharacteristically fierce, her usual mellow eyes blazing with rage.

"Payal please don't" he could do nothing but mutter as he tried in vain to keep his hands on the last few shreds of patience as he tried in vain to come up with an argument to get her assistance to find Khushi.

"Payal. Khushi's missing. Did you know where she went?"

For the first time she looked alarmed. "I thought she went out into the courtyard. But that was ages ago. I thought she came back when it started to rain"

She went out? "Shit!" Arnav muttered distractedly as he rushed through the doors and ran to the open courtyard. And there right in the middle lying still and silent was a lone white clad figure, sprawled on the ground.

"Khushi! shit shit shit" whispered Arnav as he ran through the courtyard, into the mantel of water pouring from the sky.

"Khushi! Khushi?" he shook her drenched body but she remained silent, her eyes fast shut and cold as a shard of ice. 'Shit!" he swore again, panic grappling him in torrents as he felt his own drenched cloths making his teeth chatter.

He lifted her up like a rag doll and rushed her inside trying to warm her as much as possible even while he carried her.

"Oh my goodness what happened?" Payal screamed as he carried her inside and ran to their bedroom. He needed to get her off the rain drenched cloths as fast as possible.

Lying her on the bed, he hesitated for a moment before reaching for the zip closing the opening of her soaked salwar kameez when Payal's voice halted him.

"Stop right there Mr Raizada"

He turned around appraisingly as he gave her an exasperated look. Now what?

"You are not touching my sister" she snarled her teeth actually bared, reminding him of a mother bear protecting her cubs.

"This is not a joke Payal. Keep your remarks until she's better. Khushi's frozen cold and we need to get her off her wet cloths and call the doctor"

"I'll do it."

"What? She's my wife" He protested feebly.

"Ha! And what an admirable husband you are. I said I'll change her into dry cloths. Get out of the room so you can't hurt her dignity any more than you've already done"

"Are you actually sending me out from my own room?" he heard his voice coming in a false bravado although his guilty conscience knew he was fighting a loosing battle.

"Yes I am and when I call my parents tomorrow and tell everything, she'll be out of this room and this house by mid morning. I don't want her suffering any more humiliations from you. So if you know what's good for you, get out of this room so that I can attend to my sister"

"She's right Chotte. You don't hold any rights on this poor girl you married in such a disgraceful manner. I'm ashamed of even looking at you. I suggest you listen to Payal bitiya before Khushi bitiya's health worsens"

Naani's voice rang cold and clear as she looked at him in contempt. There was no argument. He turned on his heal and left the room as the door slammed shut behind him.

After calling the doctor and commanding him to come immediately to attend to his wife he sat on the steps of the semi darkened living room and closed his eyes as pain clenched his deranged heart. Would she go away from him? Would she be taken away from him? Is he going to suffer a life time of misery due to his one folly and ill judgment; the singularly horrendous mistake he had ever committed?

He sat down and let the angry helpless tears spill from his eyes as he watched the rain pelting into the pool, brimming with water over flowing from the sides.

---

Yes yes not the one you expected huh? Wink

Please pretty please comment!

Part 2 - http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3090055 

Edited by CDlove - 12 July 2012 at 8:40pm

The following 472 member(s) liked the above post:

sudumoncheeky25pinklilliescute-kanwalumoksrps.1992IshBinmukitzzfarha451288simren97rempydreamz101radhagauriRain_dropruby123rithuparnars___19Sonamcute15rachealsweety3773ksgsrkyanks2012Pink77sooofiRoxi92tvdramaqnmeeeshPog123hhqvthepelicanjaasz_25anisa...neeshahaidersuganya91misstuhinprinkyasmile_n_laughtukuaAnitrasDancepalemsrsraniushaanniyataimurmadhura1canvasdreamzpreciouspearlychocobubbledaniclaytonpinkswansony1990vishkhushPriyasha890Mjht_kmhdarkangelpVkestingtinglostintheashesmona357irismanasisharmaSYGOdimple2011merry777aries2012pweettiechicsakwdaneshzeestkpk1002apoorva12sharmakharunyatruth1-1twinkle662KhushixoxoVampsgoyalkalpna123Aym7newfoundloveanamika00gagsyrad4devkashevvaughnjhankarbeats87lilyattitudevirenshillyjoa123savvzC3_IFcoolgirl7nutsshivani15kvgmatriAngel-GirlNrp77memarioBadtameeez-DA-frockstarsuveenastersow2428MaankiMariamClaire0206Rujul13pallavisarkarLov26Sanam.Mehra1nanz_2211chandarani1PrasRascuriousbookwormfrhnjnAromaHussainradiationchweetybebunj123malose.Ritu.JChocoBloc_12jshreya16LivetopartyicebrakerBajaj.rbcraziefanfangirl01chupachuprosalinda92Devilwaysvanilla.icecanucks1714payal.12Ipkkndworldmoonlight99roseycheekrandom94sruthirishihatathbristimaliinluvwivARHIday_lilysoniachammukawkabonchahat128varshapanRebeccaDaphneAchinta97jazzpreetdisha7Arnavarmaansowms1395WhatThe_ipkkndDasGHMadafterarhiprabhataappy111coffeebeancat-kitti-Thrish1Rudranivvinisamspriyanka09mysticmanthrianumunu578pikudikamariam42anyabellpoonam.gupta12LilaUKMoon_lightJenniferPurpleasimovarshi10arshibhumi16tomndjerryYellowBootsesmeralda111star12881876LIONHEARTtmowlameghapriyankaCrazY-4-BaRuNluckygal99PCdublinranukamakshipalo101madforipkwiniwonkachoochootrainEvilMindedMetokyoJust_Loveawawwsheenalipkkndkshubhangidreamgirlrus23TeriGalliyan.Onlookerdprover1DAlicemaanaroldcShweta1691inspiringstarsmultifacetedsheanuzzrockinggirl5swati-89VkjThomsunTouchOfArHimeghavnRandomGirlblackdice1001apoorvaarnavsaucechipsZ_ArShibijilisoaringskiescicilia9anuramesh26ak_maggisini1234iLuvYellowsarozzheavenspiritdreamyshadowsarushi05shagun-rocksSyedaFaizaoh.petite.oneabraxoskafaneverbeforeNimie207ABCDesiGirl93ArhiIPKKND-Siaa-prabha75SuniKrishna_12rhearuhirenee27fascinationsamster03Neemsundaribatgirl67merrydockPiya.Dseabeautytrishy13rashgirl000Juicee_Sushiethecraze92Psychedelicseven_starssaarah96starzyashaarnshidqkytmswtsamlynn_94GlimmerYazzy91sandy_nivrenHonkytonkdesikalakaaraura9hemvbmjhtian94huny.thebestharshneearoosheemonkeydog18Starstruck1382YPNHK_kiFANno.1yongshininajnar~~BaBy~AnGel~~Richie-Richmonalisa1234zobshehmon4uParamjitjaswargikoinahi-Archi-bpbrSiestasihuvikadesigirllazylad8-FauZimelfnsCythereaSmiley_23warriorprincesssparikhKC294SunriseGreenSaJanLuv14sherizzzhappybrarmirka88Amanram-Anks--SILPA-lakshyaNkt..sur..I-love-dmg-_-harsh42PriyyankaRozy77-shamima-AR-ARHI_nailaScintillatingRazz22.anishaa.-Rimsha-sizzlesIPKKNDkaur92arhi101sweetysaranShas3devishreemarch2011Lily2011TANVI_SEXYkingofmeswetha_ch..Damsel..sneaky-ajlittlemoiindy12aditi07MsCeylonsmileyhug7679devsum-.Pearl.-JaponicanareshSVAparameghaN0306nature-loversanny-beautifulilakiahararnavpurplekidLeenaRocksCharmz_58Fireboltpenny25DivyahetIronButterflyDalmuthuyawonderblakesegadmelihoneyroshaanshilpa09samanthanaTwilightStar_JPtanviaclaireDDJammy-emistrynehusashhhMaddy1270Hriju321DrwhoArshi1195Cetroniaachu_arshiriafna-MKB-dennisdmenacehira_arniechandana.sJerryTheMousemisscrazyfanCrazy_soul-Raichu-ebook-reader207shikhafffan123snoopy84tia.ovandana1965ranogillShikhaKhushijessicadvelanginiGeet24-Risha_ipkknd-gogumashowstruckparu_roxfarheen75zafiHot.Pink.Heelswin7smitarpriasweetYellow.meenalumasrijaaa127monsi08newmoon2011ayshaomartrina2010caskerabracadabra--Siva--black_scorpioJyo.Krishnaluv94anodaksgfanmoon_mineareeba_blossom-Antu-_-Aslan-jakhushi_NiShI_shonagudiashaaranyadesisweetheart9PrasanthiShiningStar18debby_11barunslakkuRoark-Yuks-AngelTeenSenorita SanayaShwetha!Naughtynattypinky_blueskies--Nargis--flowers4utinsel--Mahi---Xpress-drunkiiebabe..Anita..hopehotNidsubh007Suchi.Rsbk2MrDarcyfanMephistoFAYKHAN29.x-bumblebee-x.--MISHTEE--NewbiesoapfanCravingKhanaKalyaani-ElmoFuj-soharaaartipartyySobtiFanShreeASR6262OmorabotiASADsweetZOYAsilvia1999...shruti...-RashiArshi.Sugi.IPKvandana.sagarPhoenixRising.Nightingale...BeingBluntnanorHappyMelodymishti_17anitamalikdobrevagasmsdumasRafid.

rukuswasthika IF-Sizzlerz
rukuswasthika
rukuswasthika

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
 a different take.plz update soon dear
riafna IF-Rockerz
riafna
riafna

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Your writing has well depthThumbs Up.Awesome.Clap
natasha-remix IF-Dazzler
natasha-remix
natasha-remix

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged

its beautifully written!

though i hope the true end is a little different :)

Aveiro IF-Rockerz
Aveiro
Aveiro

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Beautifully written!

Continue!!
sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Hiru!

Uff...how do you do it Girl? I actually imagined the whole OS happening...such is the magic of your words...so realistic and so engaging and intriguing!

Well Done Sweetie...Clap

More more more!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

misstuhin

Badtameeez Senior Member
Badtameeez
Badtameeez

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
Wow!! This is just so breathtakingly, beautifully written!!
I really hope you continue Smile
-Yuks- IF-Veteran Member
-Yuks-
-Yuks-

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Nice OS!

Go to top