Aasman Se Aage

India-Forums

Reality shows r scripted-article

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 08 July 2012 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Found an article on TOI

With reality shows ruling the roost among the telly charts nowadays, there are controversies galore about the "reality" aspect of them. But Parvati Sehgal, who is more known for her portrayal of vicious Komal in tele-serial Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya feels that format notwithstanding, the acting bit is constant everywhere. "Yes. There are some shows which follow a script. It's a fact that reality shows are scripted, but I'm not going to name any," says Parvati, who herself won Comedy Circus Ke Superstars title along with Kapil Sharma back in 2010. 

"I don't think there is any difference, except the shooting method of both formats. In a drama, you can give 2-4 takes, if you are not satisfied with any scene. But in reality shows, you have to give your shot in a single take. There is no going back and no amendments are possible later on. You just have to give your best," she adds. 

Busy with Pratigya, which is facing an onslaught of newer serials amid falling TRPs and recently got the six month extension recently as was reported on news website, Parvati is also looking for further avenues to explore. "Currently, I'm busy with the show (Pratigya) but talks are going on for other serials as well. Some pilots have also been shot but nothing has been finalised yet." 

Like her bold on-screen character, Parvati too is also upfront when it comes to her love life. "I am pretty much single and the world will come to know the day I become engaged. Nothing can remain hidden these days anyway," she quips.

--------------------------------------------------------

Just sharing as this show also relates to how the scripting gets infused in reality show..

Scripting reality show is a fact, ever since all these reality shows started , ( other then the chunk of previous ones like sa re ga ma series ) they have to add the angles to show many side .. When the verdict of the judges changes or they get planned its all a part of the script, the way they show in the real reality shows is proved using the behind the scenes of what ASA shows..

The asa audience do not really know this but the real end audience who re the ones watching the actual asa core know how the scripting is done by the cv's of Asa plugged in drama by them without the knowledge of the contestants as they are a part of the drama or even the judges who know to an extent that drama has to be infused for TRP brought out by the producer but more pressure by the channel..

Asa is a big lesson to understand how shows reality get scripted, and more so the journey of the contestants, as cover ups are what the reality shows like JDJ or Indian idol or DID, or any other shows like even comedy circus will not dwell to end audience..

Watching Asa is a treat as it deals with so many angles and reactions by the contestants or judges from these real reality shows going on air makes me think that the shows are given the scripting to woo the audience...

This week is the last week for Asa, and all the channel are pushing a lot of quantity stuff but lack quality which I found in a show like ASA.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorharianjanaswethasyam08chand1234

swethasyam08 IF-Veteran Member
swethasyam08
swethasyam08

Posted: 08 July 2012 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing Shanti!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shanti05

harianjana IF-Rockerz
harianjana
harianjana

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot for sharing it di, yes ASA is the best show. 

shanti05

farheen.raji IF-Dazzler
farheen.raji
farheen.raji

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 2:06am | IP Logged
tfs

shanti05

chand1234 IF-Sizzlerz
chand1234
chand1234

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 8:46am | IP Logged
tfs...!! :)

shanti05

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index