Rules & Announcements

Recent changes on I-F to Control Spam / MIDs (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 26

.Rabia.

Goldie

.Rabia.

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:00am | IP Logged
wonderful decisionClap
Seriously...This was much needed.I hope now the environment of I-F will be improved and hope that discussions will be healthy...
Thanks once again for this great initiative...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recent changes on I-F to Control Spam / MIDs (Page 9)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

luv_arsha

IF-Sizzlerz

luv_arsha

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged
superb...this will surely be a great help

bs_deeps

IF-Rockerz

bs_deeps

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Originally posted by Sano88

So does this mean no one can make more than 1 account from the same IP address? Confused And What if 2-3 persons from the same house wants to make an account on IF? Will it not work?Ermm

Well its rare that all the members of the family decides to join I-F the same day. So if its a genuine case they wont have a problem in normal situations.
are you saying that restriction is only for  creating the id on same day? I have read comment from siblings tht they are unable to comment in celebrity profile as they are using same ip..I agree that these cases will be less..

Really appreciate for impementing these changes..

Edited by bs_deeps - 07 July 2012 at 11:09am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Favouriteofall

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ubiquitos

How about allowing accounts from yahoo, gmail, hotmail??.. I mean some known trusted sites.

Bcoz I can still see some ulte pulte names waali IDs with same last few letters( and their profiles say they havent made any post till now and have just joined today with interval of 15 minutes and comments are same old fanatic lines...) and it is annoying even though they are commenting for my fav.

CM Rankings and fanclubs cannot b fair enough with these kind of things.

Newbies shudnot b allowed to comment on articles or profiles for first 5-6 days.

We have chosen the weekend when the traffic is a little less then week days. Well we are still in the process and it will be taken care of.

Cheers,
Vijay

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

UbiquitosFavouriteofalldebasree04

_SenbonZakura_

IF-Stunnerz

_SenbonZakura_

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged
thank you so much for controlling the MIDs... It was much needed..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anamika143..

.Mohabbatein.

IF-Stunnerz

.Mohabbatein.

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:16am | IP Logged
thnx vijay bhai
one more thing sometimes I find newbies posting sbs/sbb, epi links in forums

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gurtiluv

But why do these rules apply only to Drashti? Dont say others actors dont have fans with multiple Ids how come their comments didn't get reduced? I checked it seems like Drashti was only one that got impacted by this?

Well as I mentioned earlier it applies to all the fan clubs and not just one. But if you feel that it just affected your favorite celebrity then you can safely assume they were MIDs / Spam posts.

Regards,
Vijay

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shi77Kalapi_AngelSonu_bs_deepsAutumn.-ProudGCian-princessunara

-enchanted-

IF-Dazzler

-enchanted-

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 11:23am | IP Logged
I second the suggestion a member made about only members with at least 100 posts being allowed to comment on articles. MID issue is destroying the whole forum,and maximum no of MIDs are made to comment,esp in the case of articles of top celebrities(no offense to genuine fans of any celebrity,even my fav celeb is there in the list). So 100 post restriction would ward off many who create account just to comment on their favs profile or articles.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

kriti07anamika143.._AngelSonu_SamanalyseFavouriteofall-ProudGCian-Sandy-Nazprincessunara

Post Reply New Post

Go to top