Rules & Announcements

Recent changes on I-F to Control Spam / MIDs (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 26

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Thanks Vijay bhaiya,

Its really a good news and it shall get rid of all those spammers. Really tired of seeing them keep opening new posts every now and then and their usual 'Who was that lady in today's segment?', 'Twisted story today' and etc. I shall now save my time trashing those posts Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chinky353Favouriteofall

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recent changes on I-F to Control Spam / MIDs (Page 4)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

In order to fight the spammers to the site we have implemented IP restrictions to not allow new account creation from the same IP within a certain time range.

• To control the Link Spam we are implementing a 10 posts per day limit for Newbies.

These are good rules!Clap They will not only stop those spammers who are posting random ads on IF but also the MIDs members create to comment on their favorite celebrity's profile.

I have one more suggestion.

Could you form a rule that says that if a member does not use his/her account to comment on posts, they lose the right to comment on TB articles? I know it sounds unfair, but so many people create MIDs to comment on celebrities' profiles and they don't make posts in the forum lest they are found out. This way, it will prevent many MIDs from achieving their purpose.

I think members should have 100 posts before being allowed to comment on TB articles or celebrities' profiles.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-chinky353-Purva--enchanted-Autumn.Lumzz..CountingStarspyar-ishk

Premeer_Diwani

IF-Sizzlerz

Premeer_Diwani

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:11am | IP Logged
thanks VB for the changes. esp for the one taken for MIDS. thanks a lot

Unpredictable

Unpredictable

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Thanku sir but i m bit confuse r these recent changes applied to only Drashti's fanclub, articles nd fans? Bcz after these new rules only her comments decreased. Thought to ask u... Plz clearifySmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kiran852Drashtifan4everShru77

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Way to go... Vijay sir... this MID thing is much needed.. Thumbs Up

MIDs have been a big problem and it has come to our attention that there are a few groups which works in a co-ordinated way to game the system. So we would be deleting such MIDs accounts and all the related posts / comments made through such accounts.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Soniya007-Swetha-chinky353-Gunners-nlm4Favouriteofallprincessunara..CountingStarsNeelambari..

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Unpredictable

Thanku sir but i m bit confuse r these recent changes applied to only Drashti's fanclub, articles nd fans? Bcz after these new rules only her comments decreased. Thought to ask u... Plz clearifySmile

Well it is applicable to all the fanclubs. And if there have been a decrease in any of the fanclubs then be sure that we have enough reasons to believe that they were MIDs / Spammers.

Regards,
Vijay

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

iheartu-Swetha-chinky353mayurlover4evaAutumn.shibzMyInspirationzdebasree04VintageWineNinja.princessunara..RamKiJanaki....CountingStarspyar-ishk

dobrevagasms

IF-Stunnerz

dobrevagasms

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Thank u sooo much Vijay sir this was needed :) MID's have been such a problem and I'm glad the problem has been sorted out :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

princessunara..CountingStars

Firebolt

Goldie

Firebolt

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Hey Vijay, thanks for the new rules! These will help a great deal, esp the one where an ID from the same IP can't be created in a short span. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Favouriteofall

Post Reply New Post

Go to top