Posted: 11 years ago

Hi Guys!

This is my very first OS on Ashar-Khirad i hope i did justice to these wonderful characters

This one's dedicated to Fari (SmileyStar) as she gave a dhamki to update an OS and she's been a wonderful friend! 

Also the character of Asmara is originally made by Fari (SmileyStar) so the credit goes to her. 

PMs will be sent later for this one

She sipped her coffee as she stared out the window which reflected the bright rays of the sun and the beaming flowers.

It still felt like a dream the dream that part of her wanted to come true and part of her never wanted to experience. It was a strange feeling, one can only describe it as weird or unexplainable.

Maybe this is what they meant by everything changes

At the same time two weeks ago she had remembered, walking around the campus cheerfully with her group of friends, the feeling of excitement and happiness washing over her, and somewhere the need to go wild developing from the corner.

It was the day their results were revealed. Nervously she reached the notice board and slowly moved her index finger down the glass fearing of any shocks she might get today.

She jumped with joy as she saw her name on the top of the list after checking it a few times initially not being able to believe it was really her name that had been printed on the top.

Earning hugs and hi fives from her friends she smiled widely thinking of the biggest achievement she had just earned.

All those episodes she missed of her favorite shows finally paid off!

Two days later she was surprised with another news as her fancy package arrived and she opened it with trembling hands.

Congratulations!

You have been accepted to the Agha Khan University Medical College

We look forward to meeting you this September'.

She couldn't believe her luck, was it a dream? She read a few times to check if it was actually happening or someone just playing a cruel joke. No it was real, she had finally been convinced after asking everyone in a serious tone if they had been playing a prank.

Finally she got what she wanted, making it to medical school was her dream that she thought was impossible, but still gave it a try and on her way she had only become stronger and more determined.

Life is funny, funny how it takes the turn of the events. Two weeks ago standing near the window in her room she was being proud of her achievements and thankful for the bucket full of blessings that were showered on her and now exactly two weeks later at the same time, same day she had been standing in despair.

No it wasn't a surprise, she had been very well warned about this way before, before even she was awarded of her achievements, but somewhere in those dreams she had forgotten about the bitter reality. She remembered her mother's words very well and she had to understand that she had to give in.

You are now getting married, I know going to med school is a dream of yours but you have been warned before and you know how this society works right? I would have loved you to stay here and continue with your studies, *taking a sigh she spoke further* but now this decision is in your husband's hands, if he allows you can study further but even then you have to remember you are no longer that free bird who flew in the sky worry free, you will now have a family to look after a husband to worry about. Even if he allows you, your responsibilities towards him come first'.you know what im saying right?

Even though her mother had explained her in a soft and comforting tone it still felt she was being thrown in prison, it sounded more like court marshal than marriage.

You are no longer a free bird

The only words that echoed in her mind repeatedly.

His responsibilities means she had to think about him before her, put his desires above hers and make sure he's happy?

Moreover she didn't even know the nature of her husband.

They just got married a week ago, sure he seemed like a nice man but isn't everyone nice in the beginning? Besides they never really had a proper conversation. How can she tell how he really is like, no one can see someone's true colors in a week. On top of that he resumed with his work right away, she didn't know when to exactly strike the conversation about her education.

Well she respected the fact he was so committed to his work, and maybe he had something important to take care of, but she needed to talk to him, maybe he would agree and let her continue her education

Oh no she can't do that, what if he gets mad? What if he is a beats? Like they show on tv? Like one of those brutal husbands who suddenly get mad at something the wife speaks of?

She shrugged at the thought of it, besides what if it puts a crack in their relationship which didn't even start properly? What if..?

A hundred what ifs roamed around her thoughts as she took the last sip of her coffee and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

Long hair, left untied parted from the middle that fell above her chest and reached her waist. Her petite figure adorned with a white chudidaar, her long kameez that almost reached her feet laced with qureshia straps and lots of vertical plates near her chest area right below her neck. The double shaded yellow-white duppatta hung gracefully around her neck as her hands covered in full sleeves of the same material, held each other as the ruffled ends caressed her soft skin.

She could clearly see the transformation from a single to a married woman. She could feel the burden on her already, and the burden of those clothes that were given to her on her bari, a gift from the groom's side, surely felt heavy signifying its origination.

Letting out a sigh she accepted the truth of her existence and the importance of his existence in her life. She was married and no one can change that. Now there was one more woman who would wait till the dawn for her husband so he could come home tired and she could serve him.

As the sun dawned she looked at the thin line of the bright orange ray that formed above the dark edge marking the beginning of a cold night, her face fell thinking about her own dreams that had been crushed, and gone like the sun which had mercilessly spread its rays everywhere just moments ago.

She was brought out f her thoughts as she heard the car stop with a screech. Was it him? She rushed outside to check on who it was.

And the man was here, her dear husband was home.

Husband's finally home now wife's on duty

Even though she was scared with this marriage and not completely ready she knew she had to be a good wife seeing her mother and aunts all these years, she had observed something, all those years they had been nothing but ideal wives and she wanted to be one too, because it felt good to be praised by your mother in laws and she wanted to see the glint of appreciation her husband's eyes too.

As he entered the sitting area he noticed her rushing to get something from the kitchen then immediately coming in front of him to take his brief case and offer him a glass of water

"Asalam o alaikum" she said in a low voice as she offered him the glass, continuing the tradition that she had started a week ago.

He wasn't used to the typical husband treatment and preferred to do all his chores himself and decided he would continue even after marriage, sure everyone had told him let your wife do this and that for you, but he had been adamant and told them straight "im getting married not buying a slave"

But now since he was being served he felt good, it was surprising to him at the same time and filled him with happiness that this girl who doesn't even know her husband properly had just entered his life yesterday and she was showing so much concern for him'this had to be a blessing.

He took the water and thanked her with a hart warming smile.

She offered him dinner but he had said he wasn't hungry and left to take a shower.

He was dealing with a mix of emotions as he stepped outside the bathroom when he saw his wife quietly staring out the window.

He went behind her and putting his hand on her shoulder he asked "Khirad?..are you okay?"

He knew weeks ago that his wife would feel awkward in the initial days but he had decided he would help her get through and make her feel at home, no he didn't want to be the typical useless husbands who only knew how to make their wives work. He wanted to befriend his wife first then take their relationship further.

"hm? Oh nothing im fine Aap..aapko khana de doon?" she asked concern in her voice, a dullness of sadness in her eyes.

Taking her hands in his he spoke with the voice that landed in her ears with nothing less than sugar.

"why is it always about me? Aapne khana khaya..aapke kapde aapki tabayat" he said in a calm voice , feeling proud of his wife at the same time.

"meri koi zimedaari nahi hai kia? Does your happiness not matter? Its you who left everything and came to live with me, what did I lose? Nothing nothing at all, I only gained and got the most precious gift of my life, you" before he spoke further he could see a smile that had appeared in her eyes soon reaching her lips that were surrounded by a light crimson.

"come here, I have something for you" he made her sit on the bed and brought something from the cupboard and told her to close her eyes before he told her so

He came forward and told her to open her eyes when he was ready.

Her eyes popped out in shock as she saw the white coat folded neatly with a name tag on the metal piece that read Dr Khirad

She couldn't believe her eyes, that had been watery from the salty liquid and a huge smile appeared on her face.

She was beyond grateful, literally speechless to find any words to express her emotions.

"ashar'yeh?? Matlab.." before she could complete her sentence he talked with happiness, happiness that he felt at giving her such a heartwarming smile and her eyes that spoke volumes thanking him in great magnitude.

" yes khirad this is yours" she held his hand and murmured a low "thank you" that was enough for him to hear. He pressed her hand to tell him he was there, and he would make sure she gets what she wants, and would be there to support her in fulfilling her dream.

Moments later something struck her and she asked in confusion "lekin'apko kaise pata chala?"

"well'Asmara's weekly visits came handy I guess" he said acting like it was a normal thing, controlling his million dollar smile from reaching out of his face at the smartness he showed at the right time.

Her jaw dropped and eyes widened. She bit her lower lip and smiled looking towards her right as she realized she was so oblivious the whole time and didn't think once from where had all these random rasams popped out which Asmara used as excuses to visit her future bhabhi.

"you only have a week now, your school starts next week so hasne koodne ke din gaye ab" he said mocking her serious and dull behavior he had been noticing and sounding like a grandfather.

Without controlling her self anymore she hugged him in a very lady like manner but still providing the comfort and warmth as she said "you are the best husband a girl ask for and im glad Ama and Abba chose you" she continued as he could hear her smile in her voice.

'and you are the best wife one cant even imagine to exist" he replied to her compliment.

Khirad no longer felt like the bird who couldn't fly, but the bird who flew without boundaries who flew higher than the rest of the crowd. She never knew she would say this but she was happy she got married, married to Ashar to be more specific. She was sure he was a wonderful person but now she was confirmed he was also the best husband, and he left no doubts he would be supportive at each step, and be with here when she needed him.

She no longer felt the burden that was now replaced pride, pride for being Mrs Ashar Hussain, pride of being connected to him, pride of being the woman who served him took care of him and made sure he was happy. Being the ideal wife was no longer a custom or a societal pressure but something she felt like a blessing. That one moment gave her the happiness of eternity. Life was surely funny.

Edited by -Grace- - 11 years ago
||Writing Index||

Arnav-Khushi One Shots

Other One Shots Completely Imagination Based

Like this post if you are on my buddy list and would like to receive PMs for future written updates and Buddy me AND like this post if you are not on my Buddy list already. Thank You.

Note: If you are NOT on my Buddy List you will NOT be getting PMs and even if you dont Buddy me and Like this post you will get PMs, Buddying me will just make my life easier😆
Edited by -Grace- - 11 years ago
RES!!

*Edited*

OMG!! I got the first place!! Woohoo!! *dancing around in my room* 😆

And you dedicated this Amazingly Awesome piece of writing to me?? *sniff sniff* I'm sooo honoured! I feel so touched! Thank youuu! I Love youuu ❤️

And I'm sooo happy that my dhamki worked sooo quickly! 😳 Wow! I think I should blackmail you more often 🤣 and Awww! You used the name Asmara too? How cute! 😳 Waise when I first heard that Afridi had named his daughter Asmara, I had never heard this name but I did find it cute and then I googled its meaning and I found it sooo adorable so I fell in love with it and now half of the IPKKND forum knows and loves this name 🤣 🤣

Ok, I've blabbered enough! I was just very excited on seeing this OS and that too which is dedicated to me!! 😆

Ok, Now coming to the OS, It was absolutely brilliant!! I was actually in awe when I was reading it!! It was sooo well written and then the way you've portrayed both the characters... Amazinggg!! I could totally imagine the whole scene folding out in my mind's eye!

And Ashar's "khelnay koodnay k din khatam" wala dialogue cracked me up! 🤣 It was totally a think Ashar would say in mock seriousness! Ufff I fell in love with him all over again!! ❤️

Thank Youuu sooo much for writing this! I LOVED LOVED LOVED it to the core! My first Ashar Khirad OS and that too sooo awesomely written and on top of that dedicated to me, I feel overwhelmed!! Love Youuu Girl ❤️ 😃Edited by SmileyStar - 11 years ago
Ugh!!!! Fari I hate you!!!!!!
Why couldnt I log in earlier? I was reading everything being offline...Ugh!!! Ugh!!! UGH!!!!

Anyways, beautiful OS Iqra!
The way u've described everything...its beautiful!
Khirad's innocence, her lil insecurity, her pure joy, happiness...her missing her fav serial 😆
Ashar's maturity, n everything!!!!
The lil inclusion of Asmara was so cute

I live in India so I had no idea about Ashar-Khirad n Humsafar until Fari came along 
I saw her n various other people discuss about it...so I thought I had enough, I went n goggled it
Read everything on Wikipedia n loved it😃

Thanks for the PM 😃

Edited by Sweet_Ashum - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Sweet_Ashum

Ugh!!!! Fari I hate you!!!!!!
</div>

<div>
Why couldnt I log in earlier? I was reading everything being offline...Ugh!!! Ugh!!! UGH!!!!

Anyways, beautiful OS Iqra!
The way u've described everything...its beautiful!
Khirad's innocence, her lil insecurity, her pure joy, happiness...her missing her fav serial😆
Ashar's maturity, n everything!!!!
The lil inclusion of Asmara was so cute

I live in India so I had no idea about Ashar-Khirad n Humsafar until Fari came along
I saw her n various other people discuss about it...so I thought I had enough, I went n goggled it
Read everything on Wikipedia n loved it😃

Thanks for the PM😃

Awww Ashum! You hate me? I love you too 😆

And I beat you! Ha! Take that 😆

And seriously, if you get time then watch humsafar! Its such a fabulous drama! All over pakistan girls went crazy over Ashar and it was one of the few drama's that got sooo popular that everyone knew about it! Even guys! 😲 It was just awesome 😳
I loved it!!
Ashar and Khirad are one of my fav couples :) I miss them together! I'm Hindi so i didn't know about Ashar and Khirad until my friend Hana told me about them and I loved them instantly
You did amazing in this OS! So cute!
Thanks for the PM!
Really loved it dear!
I absolutely adore Ashar and Khirad's jodi😳
Btw, i was wondering from a few days. Do you live in Pakistan? 😛
Originally posted by ShiningStar18

Really loved it dear!
I absolutely adore Ashar and Khirad's jodi😳
Btw, i was wondering from a few days. Do you live in Pakistan? 😛
thank you so much! you ve been a regular reader and i really appreciate that
and no i dont live in Pakistan, but im from Pakistan how about u?
Ahhh this was heavennn <3
Let me start from the very beginning...
Her DREAM..how beautiful it was..and eeeks getting into AKU..isn't that every traditional Pakistani girl's wish? *sigh* it sure was mine at one time 😳
The way YOU, yes YOU, Iqra, put feelings, surroundings, settings, emotions, and just the overall happenings of a certain scene into words brings life to any given sentence, let alone an OS...take a bow missy..you're amazing at that.
All right, so when Asher gave her the coat..and Khirad cried out of happiness..I cried..I started smiling and crying at the same time because I FELT her happiness...that's what you dooo with your words <3<3
Epic..very simple and sweet Iqra..
Write more on them..🤗
Edited by OnlyHope - 11 years ago
Originally posted by SmileyStar

RES!!

*Edited*

OMG!! I got the first place!! Woohoo!! *dancing around in my room* 😆

And you dedicated this Amazingly Awesome piece of writing to me?? *sniff sniff* I'm sooo honoured! I feel so touched! Thank youuu! I Love youuu ❤️

And I'm sooo happy that my dhamki worked sooo quickly! 😳 Wow! I think I should blackmail you more often 🤣 and Awww! You used the name Asmara too? How cute! 😳 Waise when I first heard that Afridi had named his daughter Asmara, I had never heard this name but I did find it cute and then I googled its meaning and I found it sooo adorable so I fell in love with it and now half of the IPKKND forum knows and loves this name 🤣 🤣

Ok, I've blabbered enough! I was just very excited on seeing this OS and that too which is dedicated to me!! 😆

Ok, Now coming to the OS, It was absolutely brilliant!! I was actually in awe when I was reading it!! It was sooo well written and then the way you've portrayed both the characters... Amazinggg!! I could totally imagine the whole scene folding out in my mind's eye!

And Ashar's "khelnay koodnay k din khatam" wala dialogue cracked me up! 🤣 It was totally a think Ashar would say in mock seriousness! Ufff I fell in love with him all over again!! ❤️

Thank Youuu sooo much for writing this! I LOVED LOVED LOVED it to the core! My first Ashar Khirad OS and that too sooo awesomely written and on top of that dedicated to me, I feel overwhelmed!! Love Youuu Girl ❤️ 😃

FARRRIII koi aye na aye i KNEW you would surely read this and leave a long heartwarming comment!
and im SOOO glad you liked it it was specially for you after all😳
and yeahahh she was so sad he had to say something to lift her spirits and believe me i fell in love with them while i wrote this hehehe they surely deserve more than an OS and ill make sure i write more on them hehe
and its my first ahar-khirad OS too and im SO happy to get such an overwhelming response by u and Ashum 
I LOve you too! and now take me unspoken dhamki seriously and update Junior's diary ASAP!😆