Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 152

--Ratna--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Ratna--

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
New article...

It was an effortless transition: Yami Gautam

Published: Thursday, Jul 19, 2012, 8:56 IST | Updated: Thursday, Jul 19, 2012, 8:57 IST 
By Chaya Unnikrishnan | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA
Actress Yami Gautam is on cloud nine. She has just won the award for the best actor to have made the transition from TV to films and also completed the shooting of a Tamil-Telugu bi-lingual film Gauravam. "It really feels good to have won the award because I never approach my work expecting something. Yes, ultimately one loves to be in films but whether it was a 100-episode soap on TV, a 30-second commercial or a two hour movie, I have been very choosy and that has paid off," saysYami.

The actor, who shot to fame with her film Vicky Donor never thought the film will turn out to be such a huge success. "I knew the film was different, but hadn't expected this kind of critical acclaim and box-office success too," smiles Yami, whonow wants to be even more particular about her secondBollywood outing. "I have been getting offers but I want to be careful and choose a good role," she informs.

In the meantime, Yami is excited about her South film which has her playing a lawyer. Though she has to mouth dialogue in two languages, Yami is undaunted. "I would have loved to learn the languages but two months is too short a time to pick up both," she laughs.

Apart from acting, Yami is hugely fond of reading books. Before she became an actor, she would spend all her time with books and was an introvert. "I am still an introvert, I only open up in front of the camera," confesses the actor who is currently reading the Immortals of Meluha.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_it-was-an-effortless-transition-yami-gautam_1716872

Edited by --Ratna-- - 18 July 2012 at 9:44pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

malwica2ssroomanichinuchinu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~~Gorgeous Yami Gautam~~FC1 (Page 4)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--Ratna--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Ratna--

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 3:53am | IP Logged
New article...19th July...everything was ok till they said Tamil movie Hero Confused...Malayalam movie Hero...which is already released and the new movie is bilingual...Telugu and Tamil...Gouravam ...
...why cant they get the facts right Angry

Yami Gautam- A Rising Star Of Bollywood Industry

July 19th, 2012  Nadia Amin

Mumbai  Actress Yami Gautam, who moved from television to regional movies and now has debuted in Hindi films with the unconventional yet victorious movie Vicky Donor, says movies are not about language but about context.

"You can't tag me as a regional actress. Anything I did was considering the content over the language," Yami told.
"I started my career with television and whatever work I did was keeping the content as my top most priority. Same goes with the movies, I never grabbed any work! There were a lot of offers before Vicky Donor, but I wanted to wait for the right opportunity. Side by side I was doing ads and I'm fortunate that I worked in Vicky Donor," she added.
She 25-year-old became a famous name on the TV after working in shows like Chand Ke Paar Chalo and Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam. Before Vicky Donor, Yami featured in Kannada film Ullasa Utsaha, Telugu movie Nuvvila and Ek Noor, which was made in Punjabi.

Praising Vicky Donor, Yami says the movie's success reflects the audiences' adulthood.
Though she is a part of showbiz, the actress, who is pursuing law from the Chandigarh University, says education is invaluable.
"I think education never goes waste. Even if I don't become an IAS officer and right now it is impossible in anyway, I would still want to complete my law. My father has said, 'If you get a Filmfare Award, I would be happy but for me your degree and education is more vital.' I never underestimated the importance of education," she said.
The sweet and graciously pretty looking face has also signed up another Tamil project titled 'Hero' and is on her way to the reputation that one reckons her with.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ssroomanichinuchinu

chinuchinu

IF-Sizzlerz

chinuchinu

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
thank u so much ratnaBig smile  for such a beautiful pics of yami..looking hot she is somewhere Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Ratna--

--Ratna--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Ratna--

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Bhawna  Hug...u  are welcome my dear...where have u been?...missed u a lot  ...agree with u about Yami's pics...she does look hot and happening Smile

--Ratna--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Ratna--

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
New article  ...

Telly Tadka- Top 10 TV beauties...

http://www.telly tadka.net/telly-tadka-spice/writers-spice/top-10-television-beauties-countrys-top-beauty-products-commercials/

remove the space between telly tadka...Smile

One more wallpaper...

Yami Gautam 1280x1024 Wallpaper # 7

Edited by --Ratna-- - 23 July 2012 at 4:20pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

malwica2ssroomani-Aysha-bairiyaa.isskq

-Aysha-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aysha-

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 4:28pm | IP Logged

Credit - Yami's fanpage on fb :)
On the sets of Gauravam

on the sets of ypnhk

Edited by -Aysha- - 23 July 2012 at 4:32pm

malwica2ssroomani--Ratna--

--Ratna--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Ratna--

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 2:32pm | IP Logged

New article about Yami...so happy to hear people praising her Smile

Language is no bar for Yami Gautam

Published: Thursday, Jul 26, 2012, 9:00 IST | Updated: Thursday, Jul 26, 2012, 9:10 IST 
By Sayantan Dalal | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Though actress Yami Gautam has started her acting career down South, she is not well versed in some of the languages like Tamil and Telugu. But that didn't deter or hinder the actor's performance, while shooting for her upcoming bilingual flick Gouravam.

A source close to the actor says,"Yami made her debut in a Kannadafilm, which she can speak fluently. But she is not well versed in  Tamil and Telugu, which initially turned out to be a problem, as she shot for her next flick in South. The film is a bilingual one with both Tamil and Telugu dialogues in them. Since, Yamididn't know both the languages, the producers thought of making her learn both by taking classes. But, Yami didn't want to delay the film. So, she said that she will train herself on the sets itself."     

Yami is the kind, who picks up stuff really fast, which happened this time as well, adds the source. "She simply trained herself in both Tamil and Teluguby reading the script and dialogues again and again, instead of doing special workshops for the language.

The crew members also  helped her immensely by teaching her the nuances and encouraging her to interact with them in the same language. It helped her in a big way, as she delivered her dialogues smoothly without any hiccups," says the source.  
Yami herself feels that being a North Indian it was quite a challenge to learn Tamil and Telugu but she was determined to get the basics right. "Also I am grateful that the team was very supportive," she adds.

Similar article  Smile

Yami Gautam impresses on the sets of GAURAVAM

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/12/jul/28-news-yami-gautam-impresses-on-the-sets-of-gauravam-071201.asp

Edited by --Ratna-- - 29 July 2012 at 1:46am

malwica2ssroomani-Aysha-

--Ratna--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Ratna--

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 1:44am | IP Logged
Article about Yami...

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20120210856&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=bollywood&nid=249074

Yami Gautam is single, but she's in no mood to mingle
Mid-Day.com | Monday, July 30, 2012 (Mumbai)         
Post her Bollywood debut in Vicky Donor, Yami Gautam is taking things rather slow for a while. 

In fact, the actress says that since her first Hindi film proved to be a runaway success at the box office, she can afford to be a bit choosey with her future projects. 

According to reports, Yami Gautam has been signed in for in Vipul Shah's next venture, but the actress refuses to reveal anything.

Yami Gautam said, "I do have a couple of good offers but I am under no pressure to choose one right away. After all, my debut film was a hit! When I sign my next, I am sure my director will announce the news."

The actress' former co-star Ayushmann Khurrana has already gone on to sign more films. Does the fact that she is yet to sign the dotted lines bother her? "I don't want to sound pompous, but honestly I find it funny being compared to another actor. I felt happy when someone wrote I did a good job doing my role in Vicky Donor. There was no skin show involved, yet people liked my work," she said. 

So how has life changed after her debut film? Yami Gautam said, "I am still the same girl. I am grounded. My head is on my shoulders and I like to be with my family. They are proud of my work. My parents are really supportive and they are more contemporary than I am."

Vicky Donor made her a household name. So has fame brought her male attention as well? "I am single but it's nice to have a lot of male fans. But I am in no mood to mingle. I enjoy being single and am concentrating on my work right now. I wouldn't get into a relationship just for the heck of it," she said.

malwica2ssroomani-Aysha-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top