Celebrity Fan Clubs

~~Gorgeous Yami Gautam~~FC1 - Page 4

--Ratna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

New article about Yami...so happy to hear people praising her 😊

Language is no bar for Yami Gautam

Published: Thursday, Jul 26, 2012, 9:00 IST | Updated: Thursday, Jul 26, 2012, 9:10 IST 
By Sayantan Dalal | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Though actress Yami Gautam has started her acting career down South, she is not well versed in some of the languages like Tamil and Telugu. But that didn't deter or hinder the actor's performance, while shooting for her upcoming bilingual flick Gouravam.

A source close to the actor says,"Yami made her debut in a Kannadafilm, which she can speak fluently. But she is not well versed in  Tamil and Telugu, which initially turned out to be a problem, as she shot for her next flick in South. The film is a bilingual one with both Tamil and Telugu dialogues in them. Since, Yamididn't know both the languages, the producers thought of making her learn both by taking classes. But, Yami didn't want to delay the film. So, she said that she will train herself on the sets itself."     

Yami is the kind, who picks up stuff really fast, which happened this time as well, adds the source. "She simply trained herself in both Tamil and Teluguby reading the script and dialogues again and again, instead of doing special workshops for the language.

The crew members also  helped her immensely by teaching her the nuances and encouraging her to interact with them in the same language. It helped her in a big way, as she delivered her dialogues smoothly without any hiccups," says the source.  
Yami herself feels that being a North Indian it was quite a challenge to learn Tamil and Telugu but she was determined to get the basics right. "Also I am grateful that the team was very supportive," she adds.

Similar article  😊

Yami Gautam impresses on the sets of GAURAVAM

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/12/jul/28-news-yami-gautam-impresses-on-the-sets-of-gauravam-071201.asp

Edited by --Ratna-- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Ratna-- thumbnail
Article about Yami...

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20120210856&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=bollywood&nid=249074

Yami Gautam is single, but she's in no mood to mingle
Mid-Day.com | Monday, July 30, 2012 (Mumbai)         
Post her Bollywood debut in Vicky Donor, Yami Gautam is taking things rather slow for a while. 

In fact, the actress says that since her first Hindi film proved to be a runaway success at the box office, she can afford to be a bit choosey with her future projects. 

According to reports, Yami Gautam has been signed in for in Vipul Shah's next venture, but the actress refuses to reveal anything.

Yami Gautam said, "I do have a couple of good offers but I am under no pressure to choose one right away. After all, my debut film was a hit! When I sign my next, I am sure my director will announce the news."

The actress' former co-star Ayushmann Khurrana has already gone on to sign more films. Does the fact that she is yet to sign the dotted lines bother her? "I don't want to sound pompous, but honestly I find it funny being compared to another actor. I felt happy when someone wrote I did a good job doing my role in Vicky Donor. There was no skin show involved, yet people liked my work," she said. 

So how has life changed after her debut film? Yami Gautam said, "I am still the same girl. I am grounded. My head is on my shoulders and I like to be with my family. They are proud of my work. My parents are really supportive and they are more contemporary than I am."

Vicky Donor made her a household name. So has fame brought her male attention as well? "I am single but it's nice to have a lot of male fans. But I am in no mood to mingle. I enjoy being single and am concentrating on my work right now. I wouldn't get into a relationship just for the heck of it," she said.

--Ratna-- thumbnail
Another article ...

DNA @ 7: Meet Bollywood's closet chefs
Published: Saturday, Jul 28, 2012 on 18:14 IST
I cook kadhai chicken. Each time I get a chance to cook, I make the most of it 
— Yami Gautam

--Ratna-- thumbnail

Yami in a fashion show...

Dazzling ensemble on the ramp

July 31,2012 DHNS

Save the best for last, they say and on the final day of the Blender's Pride Bangalore Fashion Week, one saw just that '' at least on the ramp. Though the models had been making their way up and down the ramp the last few days, the energy was in no way compromised.

The venue was swarming with models and designers, along with their entourage of assistants and fashion-conscious people. Many were spotted chit-chatting about the previous days' shows and taking pictures in every nook and corner of the venue to upload on Facebook. Others were found in high spirits through the day.

Nevertheless, fashion still stole the show. The afternoon started off with Neha Khulla, which was immediately followed by Ravina Baruah and Srijana Baruah. While Neha's 'Chimera' collection comprised cropped jackets, anarkalis and lehengas, Ravina and Srijana Baruah's 'Bonfire' collection showcased influences from the states of North-East.

The bright colours continued with Kartick Kapoor's 'Neo-Indulgence'. Very contemporary with modern art influences, the collection was loud and 'out there' with hints of neon in each of the garments. "The inspiration lies in western pop art as well as electronic music and the party culture of today ' which is why one can see a lot hues of pink, lemon yellow and green as the primary colours for the collection," says Kartick.

One of the highly-awaited parts of the show was Prabhat Kumar's collection of bags, which had caught the fancy of many, even the models themselves. His latest collection, called 'Love of my Life', was dedicated to and inspired by all the people whom he loves. Be it the clutches, sling bags or even the handbags for men, the collection oozed elegance and sophistication.  

Ritu and Ramnish Goyal's 'Urban Poetry' brought the bling back ' but in moderation. The collection had traditional and modern attire with aesthetically placed sequences on the garment. Reshma Kunhi's 'Modernization' was a visual treat.

The collection was meant for the Indian woman, who wants to explore and feel modern and at the same time stay true to one's 'Indianness'. Taking influences from elements of nature one got to see beautiful gowns, lehengas, saris and cocktail dresses. Former Miss India Nicole Faria walked for Reshma Kunhi in a red and black embellished mermaid skirt. "Reshma is such a talented designer, her clothes are beautiful and comfortable at the same time. I not only loved this outfit but everything in the collection," she adds.

As the night progressed, people were eagerly awaiting the grand finale by designers Meera and Muzaffar Ali. The wait was long ' but it surely was worth it, as the entire ramp was transformed into a beautiful set-up. With candles lit on the sides, the models sashayed in their latest collection Kotwara.

The collection is based on the different craft techniques and silhouettes. From chikan and kamdani work to ikat on layers of brocade, georgettes and net, the designs seemed to have it all. Cricketers Yuvraj Singh and Sreesanth were also seen enjoying the show. Actress Yami Gautam was the showstopper.

With yet another fashion week concluded, the City's fashionistas say that the week has left them wanting more. 

Searched a lot for this pic...plz press the like button 😳

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TmMyR52tV-k/UBaB8JyGRUI/AAAHVo/swVR5_nc03s/s1600/Meera+Muzaffar+Ali+Presenting+the+Grand+Finale+%25281%2529.JPG

Meera Muzaffar Ali:
Collection Theme / Name: 
"Kotwara"
Collection Brief: Kotwara by Meera and Muzaffar Ali has often used chikankari fused with zardozi, ari, applique and kamdani which has been its forte. Innovations from Kotwara are therefore based on forms inspired by different craft techniques expressed in a variety of ways and silhouettes.
This collection opens with Kotwara Classic Whites in chikan and kamdani followed by delicately embroidered calligraphic motifs reminiscent of the traditional ikat. Applique blends with the ikat and
arabesque forms creating silhouettes in layers of brocade, georgette and net with velvet in hues of black and grey. The collection ends in a riot of colours and silhouettes ranging from the saree to the lehnga and the opulent peshwaz.

http://www.femefashions.com/fashion/60/44379?phrase_id=34564

--Ratna-- thumbnail
Pencil Sketch Of Actress Yami Gautam

Pencil Sketch Of Actress Yami Gautam

This picture was submitted by Kunal Gupta.

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

--Ratna-- thumbnail
Why is it so hard to find Yami's pics from this event . 😡...she was the showstopper...finally found some more...she is looking so beautiful 😍...love the jhumka's ❤️

Just the related part about Yami... We loved showstopper Yami Gautam, who shashayed down the ramp in a gradient shade sari with a color scape ranging from white,through blue, grey and eventually black was interesting.The sari was paired with a blouse that had faux sleeves with velvet detailing.

--Ratna-- thumbnail
Aysha  🤗...the 1st pic is for u...i remember u liked her in this pic...found one with just Yami 😊

--Ratna-- thumbnail
I know we all have seen this...but just wanted to post it..
...olden golden days 😊

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: --Ratna--

Aysha  🤗...the 1st pic is for u...i remember u liked her in this pic...found one with just Yami 😊

Aww...thnx so much 🤗