what is gulabiya trying to achieve

sunheri thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I saw the episode today and i cannot understand what is gulabiya trying to do. First she challenged Vikram Thakur to accept sugni in whole societly and family. He did that.
Then she challenged him what is this one day marriage?

So TVS put a date on marriage, then according to customs he also sent his sister for shagun to Sugni's place.

What is gulabiya trying to do? It almost seems she is jealous of Sugni's kismet or unable to believe that TVS is genuine.

I believe that TVS love for Sugni's is genuine because if he wasnt he would not declare his love in society nor would be ready to fight the society.He is putting his familyin risk  and this cannot be just bcas he wants to sleep with her... Normally these intentions are not seen in guys who are not sincere in love and just want to have fun.

She is ready to sleep with TJS for few rupees and can listen without saying anything in panchayat when totally wrong decision was taken.

But for a daughters wedding she is just opposing her. Its like she is aftraid of losing her and wants this marriage not to take place.

I am really surprised!!! Now I want to see if Sugn's mom is against the wedding, will sugni fight for her love ...or will she step back !!!

Also I forgot that gulabiya was ready to do her sardhakai for merely 75000 rupees to a guy who was supposed to be not nice to women. She sat there listening to saroj thakurain for all this!!!!
So I dont understand her concern ...is she worried that TVS will abuse Sugni ...or he doesnt love Sugni or he is not going to marry her...

we have seen that till now all 3 concerns are baseless???

Edited by sunheri - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
She is trying to protect her daughter's future simple. She doesn't want her daughter to get betrayed by TVS or any other Thakur. She is not jealous of her daughter's happiness infact she doesn't want Sugni to do rai dances or have a sardhakai like herself.😊
sunheri thumbnail
How would he betray her ?

I mean he loves her,  is going to marry her, has put his family at risk to marry her !!!

If he had mad wife or some women locked up that made sense that there is something sinister about him. But its hard to believe as he has helped again and again and respects women.

The child is not his, if the girl was his there was no reason to hide...I could believe that Adi's step sister maybe.

So what do you think what are gulabiya's concerns and how does gulabiys think that TVS could betray sugni?

There could be circumstances in future he might not be able to do it, either to protect his family or some other circumstances but currently he is all true to his love.

Vinnie79 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
 I  have yet to see the episode, but I  did read the wonderful update!
 You make some good points... but this is my take on it.
 Gulabiya  will endure almost everything , except seeing her daughter hurt. Yes I  know she was willing to do her own sardakhai at such a cheap price to such a vile man, but it was a sacrifice she was making for her family, not herself, if you remember Hukum and his wife was pressuring her with Lakshmi being in Labour, also that was her sacrificing herself in Sugni's place because she knew that sooner or later  Sugni would be the one forced to take that measure, be it by Hukum, the or the society. This was her way of getting them off Sugni's back!
 Right now she is  worried for her daughter, understandably all this seems too good to be true for her, on top of that she is observing Vickrams erratic behavior and she knows he is lying. So he Mother's protective instincts is high! She has seen the world she knows that people can be cruel, Sugni has yet to be hurt deeply and Gulabiya is doing her all to prevent it.
 As for the show down with jiji, I give her full props for standing up to her, because they may be poor but they still    self respect and pride, she was in her full rights  to defend that...
 Maybe Sugni is getting a little blinded by it all and it is up to her mother to keep her feet on the ground.!!!

Edited by Vinnie79 - 11 years ago
suresh555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Well, the fact that TVS is hiding his past and his connection with Riwa khandar is the reason for concern for any mother.  Gulabia has caught TVS twice while he was in Riwa and he denied being there. I totally understand Gulabia's concern for Sugni
-Nightingale- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
its genuine motherly concern for her daughter's future...I dont think Gulabiya's own sardhaki issue has anything to do iwth this..bcoz it was Sugni's dream to get married n no sardhaki at any cost..

Gulabya has clearly seen Vikram at the Riva Mansion n knows he is lying...which is raising her concerns..

Vikram's sister provoked gulabya big time..it was there in her plan from before...even Amrutha was irked with her words...
croziaxx thumbnail
 me agree with u sunehri ! me too not much impress with gulabo... agree she is mother and worry about her daughter..and she has doubt about VS... and this is also right that jiji was doing insult of her and family.. but doesn't means that she behaving like this... its harsh...
when her own brother was selling her.. she did nothing.. even she said nothing to her brother... and good or bad but this is reality  ... if that time JT was not there sugu could not  stop sardhakai of her mother...     and here if vikram doesn't support her daughter.. her brother hukum could be sell sugu with help of bumsukhiya.. 
i agree every body has self respect... but one thing is above then self respect and that is circumstances ...*as said human is slave of circumstance*...
 some time ur circumstances force u to do what u don't want to do ever...  so if a man doing support of your daughter, respect her and doing fight to the society for ur daughter...  then do respect his family... or if u don't like some thing ,please ignore it... at least for his sac.. or ur daughter sac... 
Edited by croziaxx - 11 years ago
ILovePushan thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunheri

I saw the episode today and i cannot understand what is gulabiya trying to do. First she challenged Vikram Thakur to accept sugni in whole societly and family. He did that.

Then she challenged him what is this one day marriage?

So TVS put a date on marriage, then according to customs he also sent his sister for shagun to Sugni's place.

What is gulabiya trying to do? It almost seems she is jealous of Sugni's kismet or unable to believe that TVS is genuine.

She is just trying to protect  her daughter . She is a mother and mothers can't be jealous of her daughter.Sp after giving birth to that daughter and raising her all by herself but never ever let her take the path she took. Or sold her for money.Its she who is protecting Sugni from her childhood even going against her family and tribe. She is the one who made Sugni something which VT can't deny.And Yes. Whatever VT is doing is creepy. He is lieing ,he is hiding something. As for Gulabya ...in her whole life she didn't got trust or love from any body. Always treated by the Thakurs  like shit to dump their waste . How come she will trust someone from their tribe????Can a mouse trust Cat?????

Originally posted by: sunheri

She is ready to sleep with TJS for few rupees and can listen without saying anything in panchayat when totally wrong decision was taken.

Also I forgot that gulabiya was ready to do her sardhakai for merely 75000 rupees to a guy who was supposed to be not nice to women. She sat there listening to saroj thakurain for all this!!!!
So I dont understand her concern ...is she worried that TVS will abuse Sugni ...or he doesnt love Sugni or he is not going to marry her...
we have seen that till now all 3 concerns are baseless???

Choosing her life or her destiny wasn't her decision. The tribe she was born  the Bedias are always treated like the kalank of the societty. Like borning that tribe is a crime. When the concept '' Rai'' was built on a very Holy  reason. Yah! Praising the love of Krisna and Radha.But the Thakurs made it dirty. They brought down the holy spirit of Radha(The Rai) into the dirty ground of their andramahal.And polluted temple and religion. (I hope you've read the article Dear and read the comment of  Varun /VT  regarding them and their true story...the story of how the bedia tribe is being manipulated  and used by the Thakur tribes in that area)

Gulabya is a victim of that taboo. Even her family thinks it is right. They are manipulating her innocence ,sincerity  and love for her family as a weapon against her. So 1st she was forced by a thing called'' Emotional blackmail'' and sold to TJS and later to the Chacha of VT. When Chacha itnaa khatranak and gandhi hai...toh bhanja ka keya bharsa. Can Adi trust Sugni? By having one bad luck Reshm in his father's life? So how come Gulabya will trust the VT when there are Thousands of Bad luck Thakurs dominating and torturing them for centuries?

sunheri thumbnail
ILovePushan

I agree with you that she is a victim of circumstances but here TVS has sent shagun for marrying sugni and has said he will marry her !!! Of course Vikram's sister is not going to accept "Sugni"  a bedni to be TVS wife...It might take her some time to accept that reality ...

Meanwhile as gulabiya said to TVS that lot of people will talk and be rude and then will he stand up against all of them and still marry Sugni...he is keeping his word...whatever gulabiys wants he is fulfilling that !!!!

The same applies to her ...her daughter's dream is to get married ...so not only the thakur is in love with her but is willing to fight for Sugni ...I dont understand what is she protecting Sugni from ??? nobody is seen the future ..even thaukarins had to see their husbands go sleep with bednis and feel the hurt ( nobody likes to share their husbands) ...Sugni wont even have to go through that ( since TVS is shown to be in love with her)

TVS might have secrets which he does not reveal as he fears losing sugni ...what do u think happens in arrange marriages ...do you think propective girs/guys tell their past ...not really !!!!!!

Do you realize its very controversial marriage??
Mother's look for childrens happiness !!! ...and she should have know that the sister is not going to be nice to her ...but for daughter's sake ...she could have comprised a bit

Because TVS sister doesnt want this marriage ..she is always going to oppose it...does gulabiya need to worry abt what the sister is saying or what TVS and sugni wants!!!

And which mother would tell her daughter that she is getting blinded by TVS and money !!!! Really ...??

Sugni has been always shown to read people better than her. She understands when she is being exploited and when someone treats her with respect...she is seeing what TVS is going through for her love ...she was one who stopped the gulabiya's sardhaki ...she is the one who tells mama the truth on their faces !!!!! Just bcas TJS has not treated gulabiya well, she cannot use insecurities on TVS!!!!
cupd thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I do understand why gulabiya is worry... She has be protecting Sugni all her life. As a mother she know that vikram loves sugni but since vikram has not yet told about his past... and the little girl   ðŸ¤” .
As a mother she is worry what her child is getting into. We know that vikram will love and protect her... He need to make gulabiya know that she is no longer alone . Only way Vikram will get the trust fom gulabiya if he is honest