Aasman Se Aage

ASA - A failure ? ? ? ?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

baljindarkaur

baljindarkaur

Posted: 05 July 2012 at 2:47am | IP Logged
Recently sagar arts came with an idea of making a show (daily) that would be an alloy of drama and reality and would expose the dark industry . The concept looked quite nice and therefore was accepted by Life Ok whole heartidly . Infact they were so confident of its success that they banked there whole investment in it . It had promosing starcast from apurva to ojaswi , from kushal to sid. .Even renowned celebrities like Rakhi sawant and abhishek were brought ahead to promote the show .The channel would cast a fresh promo each day to attract more and more viewers .But inspite of this much investment , the channel hardly got any fruit . The first week ratings were so low ( 0.5 TVR ) that everyone was shocked . Yet the channel didnt loose hope and aired 2 fresh maha episodes in a month frame but still the result emerged same . The ratings were staitionary and this forced the channel to take out the hands and bid adieu to the show . Therefore after six weeks the channel talked to the ph and gave them a month frame to wrap up the show . Everyone was in a shock including the male lead Apurva (D.C) who believed the show having potential to be #1 by mid july.So to find of what went wrong with show we talked to the viewers .Mrs. Savita pandey from Delhi says that there is hardly anything watchable except the dance performances .Rohit bajaj from surat says , " I and my friends were unable to understand the main lead . In start it looked dc , than akshat and now alen . So we decided to quit."A college going teenager from kolkata says , " I was looking forward to the show but sorry to say it disappointed me . Everything was average , from the stage ( missed the ASA tag ) , judges were avg. And sanam looked fake. The episodes were set to meenakshi , akshat angad , karishma alen and dc . I hardly know the names of other contenstants ."These were the viewpoints of viewers. Now we talk of its good and bad points . Good points * Impressive , talented and experienced starcast . * DC , the strong character . * Impressive story line . * Mindblowing choreography . * Upto an extent true reality about the industry . Weak points * The story remained fixed to certain chracters say dc , meenakshi , karishma , angad , sameer , roshini, akshat and alen . There were hardly any dialouges for rest of participants and moreoves they were not casted perfectly. * Judges were avg. Sanam hardly looked a girl . * Missing of the fun element which is there in all shows . * Stage lacked ASA tag . * Both the anchors were average . * Failed to understand main lead dc , than akshat and now alen . * Meenakshi behaviour was shocking . She wore a dress that revealed more just few days after she refuses to wear shorts . * Trp system was reffered to mostly yet never told about asa trp. * Audiances prefered watching real reality shows rather than dramatised one . With asa being wrapped up grand finale is being taken directly when there were many rounds left . So this has even the more decreased the trp to 0.3 .With a show flopping from venture of sagar arts it gets clear that they will have to think 100 times before coming up with another idea.With this we take an exit from here with best wishes for sagar arts and asa team. Author - Rishab Arora

Edited by akshaybaljindar - 05 July 2012 at 2:54am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ASA - A failure ? ? ? ?" in Aasman Se Aage forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 05 July 2012 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Is this article from any source.
This show purely deals with understanding of human mind how emotions go on a roller coaster
How one thrives to be a star how manipulations are done for the sake of Trp's by the producer
DC in the very beginning emphasied to Sandhya that the show will have a lot of drama , reality shows can't work only on dances and singing they are showing how the back drop is hidden in actuals
If one watches reality TV closely it's a treat to understand how it's fabricated through ASA
Show thrive on these emotional baggages inner strength and strategies the contestants carry that's what is shown by the characters
The main characters have shown different dimensions as the strings were pulled at perks by DC, the others were around to provoke other shades of human behavior where the target we always Meenakshi

Such shows need to be watched from physiological POV as the contestants are scripted by the producers unknowingly for the sale of drama for the show but as the dwelling continues revolts will charge up , that's what is happening now with meenakshi 's quest to show who DC is,
This show can easily mapped to reality Tv or even any show where actors leave with certain norms or dramas provoke the shows changes due to channel.

The Judges are mapped to certain real time characters and reason again is why DC made these changes

This show has to be closely watched to understand the criterias played.
Sagar arts have made an impressive attempt to pull up the curtain behind any god daam show which thrives for showing the true drama behind what the end user really watches
Kudos to them I can say its a gr8 attempt too bad the channel life not Ok has been brutal

My two cents Smile

About the dark side yes the side which shows how contestants are emotionally taken for their shows popularity but in turn they will be ready to revolt when morals are hit

Edited by shanti05 - 05 July 2012 at 3:20am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swethasyam08

DOC108

IF-Rockerz

DOC108

Posted: 05 July 2012 at 6:59am | IP Logged
i think the real problem lies with the channel i am not an expert  on this  but they show preferrential treatment to certian serials and step motherly treatment to certain serials  and i think they r really interferring in the day today production of the serial  which is not correct 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mcmohanswethasyam08

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 05 July 2012 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Most of the Channels have been showing cover ups of reality shows to regular audience
Life not ok ( that's what I intend to call it) was a new channel who hadn't stepped into showing reality shows and this show crutinizes the facts behind the reality show, also one needed to remember that this show wheels inside a show where in there are Asa audience who watch this show as a regular reality show and it's the actual end audience who are us ( the audience ) who are watching the bigger picture which roots into the detailing of how everything works manipulates and thrives on emotions and TRp
Whoever do not get the real idea behind such shows cannot get the way the shows actually thrive on these angles so the show is not getting the ri8 audience .. The channel is to be blamed as they put the show during IPL and no promos aired since it was said to go off air and they have treated it brutally

After watching Asa I can definetly see why channel and producers twist a show for TRP and they want drama to attact audiences and ready to twist for their own convinces and how actors or contestants revolt walk out or are thrown and replaced overnite. This show is a big lesson to expose that.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

baljindarkauranizorswethasyam08

mcmohan

Groupbie

mcmohan

Posted: 05 July 2012 at 11:56am | IP Logged
i like show very much and think it is best drama show on TV right now - completely new. Also so many people have appreciated it - so how can it be call failure?? It show us so many aspects of relaity TV we don't know, has great performance by DC and very interetsing and not seen before storyline & writing. I applaud all these.

If anyone is failure here it is this channel - LifeOk which do not know how to handle & repsect quality content. They have from start given very bad treatment to this show - because of some internal politics I am hearing. Yes, I can say LifeOk is BIG FAIL! but ASA is probably the best thing we will see on TV this year!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorharianjanaswethasyam08shanti05

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Posted: 05 July 2012 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
Sanam is not supposed to look like a girl.

I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp that a show has an ensemble cast, so the leads aren't necessarily those that will be paired up together.

I do agree that they didn't really do a good job with the contestants overall and also they could've shown the reality format better.

shanti05

harianjana

IF-Rockerz

harianjana

Posted: 06 July 2012 at 4:53am | IP Logged
I agree wiht Shanthi to the most.

First of all The show tells us about what in reality happens in a reality show, behind the curtain and that was the right concept of show, including life of a girl meenakshi, who was poor girl who doesn't knwo how this colourful and glamorous life will be. Then what can we expect, the show will revolve around the characters D.C,Akshat(Meenu's love life to some extent) and others. becoz it was a game by D.C who thinks Meenu as his important player. Then whats wrong even if other contestants are not shown, then these very people will blame that the show is abt meenakshi but she was being shown less and others are being brightened, and even if others are shown it wouldn't feel good to watch becoz I experienced the same wiht one of my Favourite show, in which a character was pratially brightened even though its not at all necesary

and The show to the core succeeded in showing the audience the back curtain politics of a reality show and even trps were also refered and even they did mentioned the number of trps of show i first three weeks as 4+ some thing. I didn't remember it correctly.

So its one of the best shows for me, and as usual any show which shows truht can't bewell accepted by audience, when they have some saas -bahu drama in the same time slot.

And Life ok should consider it, there are trps topper Saas-bahu dramas in the time slot. like Balh,MKAP,And indeed PV and comparitively none of their shows were doing good, in less competitive slots, whats reason for them to do this to ASA

shanti05

_CookieMonster_

IF-Stunnerz

_CookieMonster_

Posted: 06 July 2012 at 5:35am | IP Logged
I love this show

shanti05

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.