Posted: 04 July 2012 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
So I was just wondering if there are any SG fans who were previously MJHT fans too... 'cause this forum is exclusively for them. Well, those who did not watch MJHT can also go through this forum and see what is it all about. No problem I can also give you a brief summary about the show.
"Miley Jab Hum Tum (When We Met) is a teen-oriented television series that aired on Star One (now, Life OK). It premiered on September 22, 2008 and ran for two years successfully covering two seasons before ending on November 19, 2010. The show is about falling in love during college and developing relations for a lifetime."
(Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Okay, so I was a die-hard fan of this show and I couldn't help but notice the similarities between my now favorite show SG-
1. The Male lead "Samrat" of MJHT and our cheetah aka "Yuvi" from SG
- Both are the heartthrobs of their college. Girls go gaga over them
- Both are good in sports, Samrat especially was good in basketball.
- Both are cool and funny.
- Both have sidekicks: Samrat's best buddies were Benji and Uday. Yuvi's best buddies are Mannu and Rathi.
- Both can do anything for friends.
- Samrat had a troubled past with his parents. And by the looks of it, our cheetah's past seems troubled too.
(I missed it earlier)
- Samrat and Yuvi both had special names for their special someone. While as we all know Yuvi calls Suvreen "Topper" Samrat called Gunjan "Chashmish".
- Both suck in studies! LOL!
2. The Female lead "Gunjan" of MJHT and our Topper aka "Suvreen" from SG
- Both are from small town. Gunjan was from Morena and Suvreen is from Kathgodam.
- Both come to the big city to get admission in colleges and do big in life.
- Both can sing very well.
- Both are very good in studies. (Hamari Topper ko Topper tabhi bulate hain!! )
- For both of them, family is very important.
3. Both the shows MJHT and SG are college based shows, Excel college and DPSC respectively.
4. The relationship Suvreen and Yuvraj share reminds me of Mayank and Nupur (another leads of the show) ie love-hate relationship.
5. Rhea vaguely reminds me of Dia from MJHT (notice how even their names rhyme??) Both were the hotties of their college and very popular. Both are villainous (though Dia becomes a positive character after some time). In fact both of them have an interest in the leads- Dia was interested in Samrat and Rhea in Yuvi.
6. Both the shows showed a musical. In MJHT the musical was based on "Pride and Prejudice" and in SG on "Romeo and Juliet".
Last bit is not related to SG, but rather related to Smriti Kalra's previous show 12/24 Karol Bagh. Guess what? The producer of MJHT and Karol Bagh was the same- Sudhir Sharma. Queer, isn't it??
In the end, I would also like to say that, MJHT was a show which portrayed how 4 people with completely different viewpoints about LOVE fall in love and share a relationship for life, whereas SG is a more modern show which shows the story of a simple girl and raises key issues in today's society. This way, the approach of both the shows are completely different.
A/N: Guys, if you did not like the post, then I am extremely sorry. I just felt like sharing these interesting coincidences. Please don't throw tomatoes and eggs on me.
And if I offended anybody or screwed any bit of information then pleaseee let me know.
Also if you want to share something, then too let me know.
Edited by AlwaysLife19 - 05 July 2012 at 4:05am