India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

showtime-plz help

madhuri Groupbie
madhuri
madhuri

Posted: 01 May 2005 at 12:41am | IP Logged
does anyone read the magazine "showtime"? in the april issue, there's an article abt shabnam and rajesh khera(maria and maddy) lambasting the makers of jjkn and leaving the show. can anyone tell me what's in the article? i tried to get a copy of the mag here, but obviously its not a popular mag where i live- i couldn't get a copy in any book store. plz help.

ms-tabu Goldie
ms-tabu
ms-tabu

Posted: 01 May 2005 at 1:22am | IP Logged
yes dear i read the article,both were unhappy at the way t and d treated thier roles,maria left,but maddy i believe was negitiating,well i hope t and d get Maddy back coz,jessica will now be in Gm, and thier ha sto be a desighner,but u dont know with t and d,thier amnesia,and their super brains,so good at sidelinig main charecters,and promoting unwanted things on th e showAngryConfused
shiverz Goldie
shiverz
shiverz

Posted: 01 May 2005 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Oh no!!! I hope Maddy doesn't leave too!! i was looking fwd to watching him since Jassi is back at Gulmohar now!! Maddy is soo funny!! I really hope he doesn't leave...Ouch
Starryskies Groupbie
Starryskies
Starryskies

Posted: 01 May 2005 at 4:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhuri

does anyone read the magazine "showtime"? in the april issue, there's an article abt shabnam and rajesh khera(maria and maddy) lambasting the makers of jjkn and leaving the show. can anyone tell me what's in the article? i tried to get a copy of the mag here, but obviously its not a popular mag where i live- i couldn't get a copy in any book store. plz help.

Yes, both Maddy and Maria are extremely upset with the directors.  I have typed below some of the highlights of this article.

Shabnam (Maria of JJKN):

'I didn't feel bad while leaving Jassi.  I'd have felt bad continuing it.  I felt very bad when my track was getting sidelined. That period was very tough for me because I had a lot of expectations from the serial.  That's because like any actor doing a big and popular show, you feel you are also going to reach somewhere with it.  I did get recognition initially and Maria took me places to an extent but not as much as I had expected.  And suddenly when your track gets sidelined abruptly, you feel terrible.  Believe me, I have lost many nights' sleep over Jassi."

Shabnam admits "I'm glad I quit when I did.  Had I still stuck around and just waited everyday for my role to look good, I know I wouldn't have got it and that would have frustrated me even more.  Even though I don't follow Jassi anymore for the reason that I don't have the time, I know that all the other artistes who were in my category, haven't got anything in the serial to do.  I could have been one of them had I not quit at the right time!" she concludes.

Rajesh Khera (Maddy of JJKN):

On why he is not too visible in Jassi of late, Rajesh says " That's a question the writers and directors can answer best because I don't write the story."  "Maybe I'm too expensive for the producers."

"Recently there was quite a few scenes of a board meeting and Maddy is a board member himself so he should have been there in the scenes but I have not been included maybe for economic reasons that they'll save on money because they wouldn't have to pay me then.  Business can still be conducted without having me around probably.  Anyway, they have gone on a different track right now.  Even Jassi's clan has disappeared."

Much as expected and is natural, Rajesh isn't particularly singing praises of the makers of Jassi.  He says, "It does bother me to not have enough screen time.  See, actors' are a very sensitive breed.  We tend to get emotional too soon.  The producers cannot take us for granted.  Tomorrow if they call me for dates I might not be able to give them.  I can't rely only on this one serial and keep letting go of work.  They've got to tell me that my track is going to be sidelined only for a while because there's not much for me to do but then I'll be coming back later.  But they've got to take me into confidence.  If they don't do that, then I am not going to respect them.  You respect me, I respect you."

But little screen time in Jassi isn't perturbing the actor irrespective of the fact that it's his flagship.  He says, "There is other good work that I am doing.  It's a tricky situation; okay maybe I am making lesser money.  In fact, the more I am not being seen the more curious people are getting about where Maddy has gone.  We have all been a part of a flagship and proven ourselves.  But life goes on.  There will be another flagship; it's not like this was the last one I got."

Maddy right now is mad with the producers for not giving him enough footage that will do justice to what he has so far achieved.  Even though like Shabnam he hasn't staged a walk out yet, he seems to be standing one foot out and one can never predict when he will bid adieu to Gulmohar too!

SPECIAL Goldie
SPECIAL
SPECIAL

Posted: 01 May 2005 at 7:50am | IP Logged

Oh NO! Cry

Maddy is so funny!

and Verru and Mari make such a cute couple!, they can't go

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top