IF-Rockerz

A.S.P.I.R.E

Posted: 14 June 2006 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
 It's Himesh vs Rehman now
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   June 14, 2006

Aa dekhen zaraa:
Himesh Reshammiya

He€™s the toast of the season. All his songs have been chartbusters. His compositions have managed to sell movies on their sheer strength. But now, Reshammiya faces the biggest challenge of them all.

As he€™s all set to rock the US with a spate of concerts in July-August, he€™s also going to be taking his greatest inspiration, head-on. AR Rahman will perform in the US at the same time as Himesh, and it will be interesting to see who will win this mother of all battles.

A local show promoter says, €œHimesh is very popular among Asians at large; not just Indians. Rahman may be a bigger name internationally but for the Asian community, it€™s Himesh all the way.€

Himesh€™s tour is called Aap Ka Suroor Live In Concert and is being backed by one of the biggest names in the business, Vijay Taneja of Elite Entertainment while Rahman has tied up with the US-based Global Rhythms as partners for his shows.

The only difference is that while Rahman would be performing at just a handful of cities, Himesh would be taking his troupe all over the country and Canada as well, in a tour spanning over two months.

Incidentally, the average cost of a single Himesh Reshammiya show in the US is around 100,000 US dollars (approx Rs 47 lakh) and the ticket rates have been priced between $35 to $75 (approx Rs 1600 to Rs 3500). These would be classified as among the highest rates commanded by a music director.

Unfair comparison

According to show promoters, comparisons between the two are unfair because each one caters to a totally different audience. €œRahman€™s fan-following is among the mature audience; even foreigners come to his shows to hear his sound,€ says a Houston-based organiser.

Himesh€™s popularity, on the other hand, is more among the youth. €œThe youngsters are just crazy about his songs. This is his first tour and there€™s no doubt, it will be a huge success.€ Accompanying Himesh on the tour, are singers like Alisha Chinoy and Abhijeet Sawant.

Himesh, who is touted as the industry€™s hottest music director right now, has been Rahman€™s biggest fan for years now. He has even gone on records to say that Rahman is the only composer that he would agree to lend his voice for.

But now that he€™s been pitted against him directly in a war of shows, Himesh says, €œI€™m nothing compared to AR Rahman. Since I respect him a lot, I would prefer attending his shows to take his blessings before I head to perform at my concert. Also, if you will check with the organisers, you will know that the tickets for all my show are already sold out.€

source: http://ww3.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/june/139366.htm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "It's Himesh vs Rehman now" in Music Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sp_2012

IF-Dazzler

sp_2012

Posted: 14 June 2006 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
thx!
HR ROX!

Athena90

IF-Rockerz

Athena90

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 15 June 2006 at 5:57am | IP Logged
thanks.

a r rahman is better! anytime! Wink Wink

i know some will disagee and come after me! Wink

x_Roxy_x

IF-Dazzler

x_Roxy_x

Posted: 15 June 2006 at 6:23am | IP Logged
ya i agree 2 himesh sings to much from the nasal and his song is the same thing
i go for rehman

tulip007

Goldie

tulip007

Posted: 23 June 2006 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
tfs...................................HR the best....................

delhi_princess

Goldie

delhi_princess

Posted: 23 June 2006 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
himesh is good but AR Rehman better by far more people may go to the himesh concert as it also has other famous singers but i think ar rehman is better

~Simmi~

IF-Sizzlerz

~Simmi~

Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
hr is the best

bigmouth

IF-Dazzler

bigmouth

Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
HR. Always. Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top