Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:48am | IP Logged

|| Moments of Life||

"No Aman! It doesn't work that way!" 
He yelled in that lifeless piece of plastic attached to his ear, instantly throwing the file that he held on his glass desk, in the messy pile of other files and lose papers

He sat on the sofa across his desk at the far end against the wooden wall, wanting to go as far as possible from this world of  business, in which only money mattered and everything was only a statement of profit and loss

Beads of sweat rolled down as he buried his head in his hands closing his eyes desperate to get one moment of relief, just one moment where all his worries died and he could breathe in peace

For once he wished there was someone he could depend on, his employees, his business his home his family they all depended on him, they knew he was there so they need not to worry, even in the biggest crisis they knew he would come to their aid

But did he feel the same? Did he have anyone to look up to? Did he have anyone who would put a hand on his shoulder and tell him everything would be okay? No...No he did not

All his life he had only worked hard, worked hard to stand where he did today worked hard to be on his own feet.

In the race of life he had forgotten to make friends, to find love, to seek laughter, to create memories, to celebrate achievements, to smile, to be happy without a reason, to follow ...his heart

Why was life so cruel and harsh on him? He was so young and alone, who fought against this world with his weak arms, he had proved it to the world that he was very powerful and he had it all
Yes he had it all, he was filthy rich 
But did he have the things that mattered?

Oh how his life had become so materialistic and artificial
This is not what Arnav Singh Raizada was born with, he was born just like everyone else, a child who had the power to weave many dreams and the power to imagine beyond boundaries

His laughter and smiles echoed as he ran around the house on his tiny toes with his hands spread in the air and his lose shorts moved as he ran non-stop

Laughter? What was that? It was no longer an emotion he was familiar with, the innocent child had died in him not because he was grown to be a business man but because of this cruel heartless society and the cunning world of business which killed the child in him at such a young age

A tear rolled down his eyes as his head was still buried in his hands, the palm of his hand suddenly feeling wet 

"Sir?" She peeked in through the translucent glass door which she had opened slightly to inquire on getting no response after knocking a few times. 

He suddenly looked up surprised at the sudden visitor. A blur of the colors of the rainbow in his black and white world, colors that adorned her scarf that loosely hung around her neck, while her silky locks swayed back and forth over her shoulders as she moved in to take a look from behind the glass.

"Yea?" A bare whisper, she could hardly hear it. With warmth of concern clearly visible in her eyes, she walked in not worrying about her boss's anger that could erupt any minute

"Are you okay?" she asked bending a little as her hair moved closer to his face, the sweet smell of cherry blossom felt refreshing to him as he saw the natural shine of her silky hair.

"em…yea im fine…thanks" he replied looking here and there trying to avoid eye contact as he didn't want her to know about his miseries.

This man clearly looked like he hadn't tasted life, and it would be unfortunate if he died without relishing it and the way he worked the day wouldn't be too far when he would die due to the over use of those muscles.

Looking at her silver wrist watch an idea struck her and her eyes popped out in excitement. Maybe he wouldn't die before he saw all the colors of life after all.

"Sir, why don't you take a break? Its lunch time"

"Khushi…no..im-" he tried in vain, he didn't want to shout at her or show his exhaustion he didn't have the energy for any arguments.

"No sir, you must take a break…come…come with me" she said so casually almost shocking him, making him give her a confused look

"Come on! I want you to try something" she said grabbing his arm in a friendly manner

"You will love it I promise! Besides change is good" she said as she gestured with her pen, to make a point.

He let out a sigh closing his eyes in approval, getting up from the sofa to grab his cell phone.

Before he reached the translucent door he remembered something and turned around to get his keys, only to be stopped by Khushi.

"oh ho, leave your keys, today im in charge so leave it up to  me"  she said with a heart warming smile and motioned for him to follow her.

chal chaiyaan chaiyaan chaiyaan chaiyaan

chale ishq ki chah  chal chaiyaan chaiyaan

badal pe chale chal chaiyaan

The old tune played as the wind passed by in the opposite direction hitting them lightly on the cheeks.

He could hear the noise of the rubbery material of the seat and the chan chan of the decorations that adorned the bright auto rikshaw, while she hummed the tune and sometimes sang along

He smiled looking at how she was enjoying this ride which would seem like a pain in the busy streets of Mumbai but she was having fun nonetheless, and to be honest he was enjoying too for the first time he experienced the life of an ordinary man and how he finds happiness in these little things.

She paid the fare and entered a pathway which lay between the huge trees on both sides. The weather was misty and the trees were green making him feel so inviting and homely.

She grabbed his arm pulling him out of his little world and moved to the pani puri vendor and requested two plates of pani puri

sweet and sour

"you HAVE to try this, this is heaven" she said with a sparkle in her eyes and a smile right before she offered him a pani puri

"C'mon  c'mon, don't be shy" she said while she stuffed her mouth with one making him smile lightly at her attempt to comfort him.

He couldn't say no so he took one and placed it in his mouth.

Sweet..sour..sweet..sour

Wow it tasted good!

"like it? want more?" realizing he hadn't choked she offered more, ordering two more plates.

Not being able to have any more pani puris they moved to the gola stall and she ordered two large golas.

"what is…th..this?" he asked in utter confusion

Of course he was a rich brat what would he know about golas? They only ate Nestle ice creams or Baskin Robins

"come on! if you are born and not have this? You haven't had anything" she said with a serious voice as if stating a very important point about the fall of his company.

Letting out a slight chuckle at this foodie he gave it a chance and sucked the gola letting his tongue swirl with the tastes of it that sent a refreshing sensation down his spine.

"its..its..good..really good" he admitted not believing himself.

Where was all this stuff all his life? When did all this get here? How come he had never seen this place and how come no body ever showed him? Damn he would have missed it if it wasn't for Khushi.

Khushi paid the bill and as she turned around, she was surprised with a warm hug. He just had to hug her to show his gratitude and it was the best of day of his life. Murmuring a low "Thank You" he released her.

She blinked to show she was glad to help, and felt good that she was able to provide some comfort.

"Told you it was needed" she said with a wink and walked to get an auto. He watched as she walked towards the main gate of the park and smiled and she turned around to motion him to come.

Today he saw beyond an employee in her, beyond a hard worker. He was no longer sad that he couldn't depend on anyone, that he couldn't expect comfort, because today she told him in many ways that she could be the friend he needed all along, and she would provide him the comfort he needed, not with the lavish things the rich used to amuse themselves but the happiness an ordinary man found in the small moments of life, moments which occurred every day.

And now he felt more alive, no more exhausted and sad at his miseries. Miseries? They no longer existed. He was amused at how much a few hours with this wonderful person who was now his new best friend could change his whole state of mind.

She was beautiful not just from the outside but from the inside too. 

The following 107 member(s) liked the above post:

pinklilliesIshBingeniuslibraswati2011rachealRSRCPoorvaArorahhqvashnushligidhaFaiminatiger1234lovebadhanpinkswanxyzw231saranyamgsVampsedward420rafnasambagdivya146pips27winchfirenainac01Devilwaysgayatri_ysai_nehachahat128KhuarvinluvwivARHIJosupramanjusha_92nanz_2211A...aishwarya_roxabby2181Sim1234nimra21pikudikahari93vvinisamspriyanka09disha7happy.ukJust_LovePCdublinurvi678drooler-tanya96-meghavnRandomGirlKtotheMsrain10Reader_HobbyroldcBonhi_ipkkndinspiringstars...Penknife...Avi64ak_maggimonalisa1234vikadesigirlcrackerszonepeppygeekSweet_AshumTJ16ROXPsychedelicseabeauty-Devanshi-medha16RhysennLyraa99Charmz_58-.Pearl.-devishreeongongongsparikhAnvi2009HeebsSwap-Arhi-sanika-teju695nehusashhhkamalapushpaclaireDDbhaktiiitia.oashred12ShiningStar18Jyo.curledupzafiwin7smitarSmileyStar-Stutz--Yuks-XSilentPrayersXSenorita SanayaHansaNFlame.Of.Rose-ElmoFuj-SlovesBSSIaartipartyyArshi.Sugi.IPKOnlyHopepolly_mk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OS: Moments of Life" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sweet_Ashum

Goldie

Sweet_Ashum

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Hey Iqra! Thats ur name i guess...am I right? 
Fari has to be of some help!!!!! LOL

That was a beautiful OS
The way u described Arnav...it was touching
His feelings, emotions, everythiing
I dont know what to say about it
I'm speechless
I guess for the 1st time someone has tried to bring out Arnav's emotions n succeeded immensely
I Loved every bit of the OS
Fari's right, u should write more, u r a wonderful writerBig smile
Cheers!

Edited by Sweet_Ashum - 03 July 2012 at 1:59am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SmileyStar-Grace-

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:52am | IP Logged
||Writing Index||

Arnav-Khushi One Shots

Other One Shots Completely Imagination Based

Like this post if you are on my buddy list and would like to receive PMs for future written updates and Buddy me AND like this post if you are not on my Buddy list already. Thank You.

Note: If you are NOT on my Buddy List you will NOT be getting PMs and even if you dont Buddy me and Like this post you will get PMs, Buddying me will just make my life easierLOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mahi530Sweet_AshumAvi64-.Pearl.-SmileyStaraartipartyy

vishali990

IF-Dazzler

vishali990

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:53am | IP Logged
res...

KREYA95

IF-Dazzler

KREYA95

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:54am | IP Logged
Very nice

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Grace-

-.Pearl.-

IF-Dazzler

-.Pearl.-

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Aww... Beautiful! Loved it!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Grace-

lakraj80

IF-Dazzler

lakraj80

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 2:46am | IP Logged
Tht was really beautiful!

SmileyStar

IF-Rockerz

SmileyStar

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 3:04am | IP Logged
Res Big smile First page!! Woohoo LOL

*EDITED*

OMG!! That was sooo AWESOMELY written!! I fell in love with it!! Arnav's emotions, his pain and his desire to have a shoulder to lean on sometimes... It was all so brilliant!! Big smile esp love the part when he thinks of his childhood, running with abandon in his small jeans... That was such a cute touch!

Thats it! You make me update ASR Jr, now I'm gonna keep bugging you till you give us such Awesome treats! And you're free these days Anyways so might as well write Embarrassed Take lessons from Ashum! Ever since she's gotten free she's been on a Roll Wink Hehehe!

I want more! More! Mooorreee! Do ya hear, missy?? LOL

And when did you write this thingy? I mean, I've been talking to you all day today ROFL

Edited by SmileyStar - 03 July 2012 at 3:23am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet_Ashum-Grace-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top