Fan Fictions

Shopaholic V/S Workaholic

ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey guys!
I started a new fanfic. Hope you like it and please tell me if I should continue!
Thanks, LuvπŸ˜›
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PROLOGUE

Khushi yawned. This presentation was really boring. She looked at her fingernails. God! They really needed a manicure, especially after she had practically eaten them up the previous night. In fact, she had been very, very late on the deadline her boss had given her to submit that article on the hike in petrol prices.

She slid her eyes to the woman who was giving the presentation. She was obviously talking about some important figures but Khushi paid no attention to the words. She was more captivated by the woman's appearance. Her sleek hair was twisted up in an elegant way and she wore too much make-up. Her suit was quite boring. Too conservative. Too sober. She should have played with the colours. Khushi prided on her great fashion sense. She dusted her knee-length black pencil skirt (Juicy Couture) ' which she had paired with a matching Juicy Couture jacket, a shocking pink Prada shirt, a white Hermes scarf with pale pink motifs and finally pale grey suede moccasins by Gucci ' for invisible dust, as she allowed her gaze to shift to the woman's shoes.

He Devi Maiyya! Her Shoes!

They were awesome! The latest Jimmy Choo's, in the softest calfskin ever. Black and they were wedge heels. Khushi loved high wedge heels!

"Maybe I'll buy them too once I've finished over here. No! Don't even think about it! Remember the Denny and George scarf? You need it, right? Remember its velvety silkiness... the dark red background, with its slightly lighter coloured designs and creamy embroidery and tiny white beads? That's what you'll buy! Because that's what you need!" she chanted to herself.

"But the shoes?" a small voice in her head squeaked.

Her face crumpled miserably as she shut away that voice in a corner and tried to concentrate more on the presentation. Oh God! Please! Not those boring figures again! Khushi sighed, grabbing her pen to doodle absent-mindedly on the writing pad before her.

From time to time, she looked around to check if anyone had seen her, which she doubted. Surprisingly, the first time itself, she collided with a dark gaze across the table. The owner of those incredible eyes sat at the front, right near the projector. His face seemed familiar. His jaws and chin were dusted with day-old stubble, his hair was gelled and perfectly combed in place and he had the most amazing eyes she'd ever seen. Like nice, hot black coffee. He was wearing a black Armani three-piece suit and man! He looked good! He even made the suit look great on him.

But from the expression on his face, he did not seem to be very friendly. God, no! Not even remotely pleasant. In fact, he looked arrogant and angry. Khushi held his gaze defiantly but he refused to look away. Who the hell was he? She was sure she had seen him somewhere. She shrugged. Who cares? Once this conference was over, she'd leave. She needed that scarf too. she wondered why Jeff had sent her there. Punishment for her lateness? She had not been that late, had she? No, it couldn't have been. Maybe just day or two. Ok, it had been a week. Or was a couple?

Never mind. She picked up her pen and went on with her doodling, her tongue sticking out a bit.hen the lights came back on,  tore off the page from the pad and stuffed it in her Prada handbag, lovingly caressing her crocodile leather skin leather. The guy who had been watching her earlier stood up and went to the mike.

"Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for attending this conference with AR Communications. Our client, Mr Mendosa, has just told me there were a few points on the Section Five of our presentation that were not clear enough. Fortunately, I did notice a particular person who seemed to pay quite a lot of attention and appear quite interested in the information provided by Mrs Ruling. I hope that person would not mind clarifying these points for us."

Khushi snorted. Someone had even paid attention? To this boring lecture? She craned her neck to look around the room. Who was that stupid, dumb person?

"Miss Gupta? Would you do us the honour?"

~~~~~~~~~~
You might have guess it alright and besides, the title says it alright. It's inspired from The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella. They are some of my favourites books and I always thought that Arnav was a bit like Luke Brandon; Businessman who'd started his own company all by himself, Serious type, and all. And Khushi And Rebecca Bloomwood (Becky) are both mad in a similar way.
So I thought I'd rewrite it my own way, with our Best Jodi EVER and also with a little, ok maybe major, Desi twist.
So, what say, guys?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Index: afistfulofcoloursarshiffindex.blogspot.com
[One thing! I don't PM. If you want to be notified when I update, please PM me you email address or send me an email at [email protected]]

Edited by ShikhaKhushi - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rosna thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
sounds interesting...

pantrossy thumbnail
Hey this seems interesting... So khushi is gonna pay for her stupidity... I like this fashionable khushi... Ha ha ha .. She was in conference n thinking about her dress .. Shoes. Even scarf... Lol... Lets she what ll she do...? 😊
Caroline_arhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Interesting:D
Cont soon:D
Arathy-V thumbnail
LOL great start..loooved it..poor khushi is in deep shit...a shopaholic khushi???? lol...never came across such a khushi before...any prices for guessing who tat "good looking" guy is ???😊 
ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
Originally posted by: arathyvr

LOL great start..loooved it..poor khushi is in deep shit...a shopaholic khushi???? lol...never came across such a khushi before...any prices for guessing who tat "good looking" guy is ???😊 

LOL!πŸ˜† No prices unfortunately but i guess you already know who he is?πŸ˜‰
Edited by ShikhaKhushi - 11 years ago
frenzyy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
interesting!! continue soon
ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
CHAPTER 1 - Why Me?

"Miss Gupta? Would you do us the honour?"

Her head snapped in the direction of the speaker. He did not mean her, did he? Oh, yes, he did. The sadistic damned man! What was wrong with him? And why the hell was he so creepily familiar?

Oh God!

Shit!

Arnav Singh Raizada! The founder and CEO of AR Communications! Shit! What would she do now?

Ow!

Khushi glared at her friend and colleague, Lavanya Kashyap, who sat to her immediate left. She had just jabbed at her foot with her five inch high Clark's stilettos.

"Say something, Khushi," Lavanya hissed at her from the corner of her mouth. "They're all waiting for you!"

Just then, Mr Raizada addressed her again.

"You were following, Miss Gupta, weren't you? Or were you lost elsewhere?"

Her eyes darted around the room. Everyone was staring at her expectantly. She had really screwed up this time. But she needed to get out of this mess. The store closed in exactly fifty minutes now, the sales ended tomorrow and she needed that scarf! Where would you get a Denny and George scarf at seventy percent discount? That's right! Nowhere! Trying to appear confident, she cleared her throat.

"Actually..."

She paused as several people shifted in their seats and Arnav Singh Raizada raised his brows at her. If only she had followed...

"Actually... I... uhh... I was not exactly listening..."

There were several gasps around the room and even Lavanya twisted around to stare at her with a what-the-hell-are-you-doing look. Well, what was the big deal?

"You were not listening?"

Was that a spark of amusement she had just seen in Mr Raizada's eyes?

"Any particular reason for this disinterest, Miss Gupta?"

Shaitan! Laad Governor! Khushi blushed crimson as her mind poured out curses at him. If Jeff heard any of this, she could bid farewell to her career. It was not like she love her job, but it was a way she earned money lucratively and that let her do her shopping.

"I was not disinterested!" she blurt out in her defence.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, I was... I was... occupied... by... uhh... by something..."

"I hope that the something which was occupying you is a valuable excuse to miss the whole presentation."

"Yeah... actually... it's... it's about... My aunt! Yes, my aunt!"

"You aunt?" whispered Lavanya.

Now why did this stupid girl have to open her big fat mouth?

"Yeah, my aunt! She's in hospital poor thing. She... she... actually, she just had a cardiac arrest. Her second," Khushi said innocently, amazed at how she could lie so smoothly. She wished she felt as cool as how she sounded and prayed fervently her little story would convince Mr Raizada.

"I was thinking if I could leave a bit earlier because I needed to see her and the visiting hours end in," she looked at the clock behind his desk. Forty minutes left! "In forty minutes, actually. So can I go?"

He watched her for some time, before finally nodding in assent. Khushi thanked him, grabbed her handbag and took off.

Thank goodness she had worn flats that day! She managed to reach the store within fifteen minutes.

"Hello again," she said cheerily to the salesgirl, once she'd caught her breath. "You still have my scarf?"

"The scarlet Denny and George?"

"Exactly!"

Minutes later, she walked out of the store a glittery black carton bag in hand. As soon as she was out, she removed the precious little ivory-coloured box and excitedly untied the black ribbon which held it shut. Her smile changed into a full-fledged grin as she opened the box.

She felt like a child at Christmas. It was a festival she had just discovered. When she was little she had never celebrated it, because she lived in India within a traditional Indian family who was totally anti-angrez and also because they were not that rich to afford the toys she and her sister would want. It was only when she had moved to London she had discovered many new things. She was overwhelmed with joy. She had never lived live like this.

And she had turned into a shopaholic. She worked for a finance magazine, she had her own column where she advised people on finance but she herself had no notion of saving money. She was indebted too. Not much though. Maybe just a few hundreds, here and there, but she would repay them back soon enough.

When Khushi had opened the package and removed the black tissue paper, the red fabric she had so much coveted spilled graciously in her hands. A dream come true! Khushi Kumaari Gupta owned a Denny and George scarf!

She giggled to herself. She could not wait to show it to Anjali, her best friend since university and equally her roommate. She tried wrapping it around her neck in the most elegant way possible and checked her reflection in a glass pane of one of the shops. Oooh! Was there a scarf in this whole universe that could make her look any better than this?

"Miss Gupta?"

Khushi froze instantly, her eyes wide as saucers, and a look of pure horror settled on her face as she recognised the voice behind her.

Edited by ShikhaKhushi - 11 years ago
Arathy-V thumbnail
res
This reminds me of "the confessions of a shopaholic" i luvd the movie n im starting 2 lov this story as well...so khushi managed 2 escape...i highly doubt  wether arnav believed herπŸ˜† btw dont u think this update was short??😊
btw tanx 4 the pm😊
Edited by arathyvr - 11 years ago