Phir Subah Hogi
Phir Subah Hogi

India-Forums

29Jun12 - Why Rai? (Page 3)

manzilmukul IF-Sizzlerz
manzilmukul
manzilmukul

Posted: 02 July 2012 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Shelly..Clap.Honestly..count me in too the scene was melodramtic and OTT which was definitely not necessary but then her explanation was believable..I wrote something in my post which I am copy pasting here...hope that makes sense but definitely vikram not being authoratative was a BIG blooper in his character uptil now

Sugni agreeing to do raai was a little OTT melodramatic but the reasons were quite BELIEVABLE'

Raai is a beautiful traditional folk form which started with the concept of  "Rihaai" Meaning liberation .It is the liberation of your soul from the fulminating covering of your body and reaching out the highest levels of exultation by the soulful communion with the Almighty.So her logic was believable and it's a misnomer or myth that Raai is only performed for prostitution.In MP Raai still exists and ppl formally train in these traditional folk forms'But I really loved the wonderful symbolism here..Sugni's love.trust and selfless love can really be equated to devotion of her lord..TVS appeared in her life as an avatar of Sita maiyya after she prays to her'.and he stood up for her like God does for us '.

"No more noisy ,loudy words from me such is my masters will .Henceforth I deal in whispers.The speech of my heart will be carried on in the murmurings of a song"

Sugni does agrees to do Raai  not please Thakurs but as a part of devotion and reverence to the one who she believes to be her LORD.

There is also an interesting  symbolism with the lyrics of the song'.

"Nachuu tumhari dhun main magan'"

Sugni's mind and body does reverberate and dances to the tunes of Vikram .

"Aiso rang rang mohe rangrezwa'"

Vikram has indeed coloured and moulded Sugni in his coours'."

"Dikhun na kisi ko main tere siwa'."

Vikram indeed does not want anyone to lay his eyes on Sugni'which is clearly evident from his lashing out at the Thakurs'While Sugni has the highest level of devotion..Why does the roar of Vikram does give me an opinion that His love will be obsessive .He had surely fallen for her but POSSESION of this untamed spirit has been a part of his obsession..A part of his GAME''.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

romancefanLaila2009

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Agree with you - Sugni dancing for the Takurs made no sense other than it was done for masala and drama. Writers tried to execuse it with the she's doing it for TVS and also because she does not have a problem with the dance but come on, why do a dance for a bunch of men whom you know are sleezy? The fact is that the women were watching made it decent but it just did not go with her character.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index