Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rani-lucki

i think the rai dance was necessary (wait before you throw your chappals at me!!!)

vikram now has a chance to take a stand against" rai dance for male entertainment" infront of the whole of his community of thakurs

it will be interesting to see vikrams speech on monday--- i lov this guy onscreen (off screen aswell!!), he just makes the character so real

personally i hav nothing against rai , whether its for the pleasing of Gods or a means of women earning a living :-)

Hey Rani,  No chappels or tamater on my thread.  All healthy discussions are welcome. 

Personally love to watch the Rai dance and love the idea of dancing in devotion to god.  And women using it to earn a living is all good.  It's the prostitution and exploitation of young/vulnerable  women angle I don't like. 

I like your idea of Vickram making a speech/stand against the practice.

Love VB as well.  EmbarrassedLOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

widdyRaleighbcatcupdcroziaxxromancefanrani-luckipyar-ishk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "29Jun12 - Why Rai? (Page 2)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinnie79

IF-Dazzler

Vinnie79

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Thankfully  he did put a stop to it, a bit late. MY thoughts :
 JiJI  knew  darn well what she was doing , and so did Vickram. And he did tell her (Sugni) when she explained about dancing for God and him only,) that she Dose not have to dance  here! 
 Her feelings of indebtedness and love toward him made her insistent,also  it is a form of blessing the new couple  and it would be her unique gift for them.
He is always telling her that they are equals , so  telling her ordering her to NOT DO IT BECAUSE I SAY NO! will contradict it.So with great reluctance he gave in. (BTW loved that scene where she was explaining her  Point of View, he  knew where she was coming from . I wished  Amrita had  danced  out the song with her, that imediatly changed the meaning of  "Raai!" and  royal slap the the Thakur's  "maan" na!
 What he did not take into consideration was the comments that would be coming out of  these men' mouths! And  we all know he is cool with everything else except her being insulted!

this way it  had a more dramatic  effect!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

widdyRaleighbcatromancefanShell16pyar-ishk

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kamala2012

It was sad to see Sugni somewhat forced to do something she said she would never do, dance in front of thakurs. Her speech I didn't like at all. Not convincing. It's very filmy.

Completely agree.  Her explanation was not convincing at all.  By filmy you mean unnecessary drama.  Then agree.

But I think they had to show Sugni do a rai dance in the house where she will later become the thakurain. Vikram's sister will later regret making her brother's wife dance in front of other men. The only person who has been insulted in that rai dance is Vikram's sister, and because of her, her haveli name.

Good point.  If the reason for the dance was to show the contrast between where she comes from and what she had to over come in order to get to the haveli then yes it makes sense then I will give in. 

In a way, the scene is also real. It must be very difficult for women like the bedia community to gain respect. So, no matter how many times Sugni says she won't do rai in front of thakurs, she has to be shown to do at least once or more, before she reaches a point where she can put her foot down and say no.

I am seeing your point.  Regardless of how Vik views her the thakurs will always consider her a bedni.  It is all about power and control.  

They also showed Gulabiya going for rai dance, even after Vikram assured her he will marry Sugni. Because Gulabiya knows the reality. Till the marriage actually happens, nothing is for sure. Rai is the only way for some bedia women to earn income and they have to continue to do that. Sugni will also understand that till Vikram marries her, her status will not change.

it is a sad reality.  Gulabiya has been around the block more than once and know how the world works.  She has been knocked around. 

The comments the thakur men made is for the audience, not for Vikram or Sugni. It is to shock us, to hear such things said about women.

Yes we on the forum are so far away from the reality of these women! yes it was absolutely shocking to hear their thoughts.  And the truth is that these women face a very cruel reality that we cannot even fathom.  After i started watching this show I googled it and read some stuff that is so hard to even think about and that is these people's reality.  *sigh* it is very sad.

Excellent points.  I have written in blue above..  You have given me lots to think about.  Thanks!!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Raleighbcatcupdnaj7Vinnie79Laila2009-rupa-pyar-ishk

pyar-ishk

IF-Stunnerz

pyar-ishk

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Shell we need your post to be long so please stop apologizing cause this one was too short Cry but still I love it.

I'm with you on Vikram taking a stronger stand and stopping the dance when I first watched the episode. I had a hole bunch of swear words coming out my mouth which is shocking cause I love everything this man does but still was too annoyed and angry to see Sugni reduced to that level.

Then I watched it again today it actually started crying for Sugni cause the girl emotional declare her soul to Vik in front all that had him beat. The man has demons in his closet and this innocent girl is saying how blessed she is cause bhagwaan walking side by side with her. I saw the guilt in his eyes and how touched he was that in the moment he got caught up and is like something him back to reality when Pimp J said give the lenga to the bedni. Angry Also too you have to remember Sugni is stubborn piece of work too and she would've argue with him to the end and am glad he didn't control and use his power in that moment cause it would've turn me off.

The saving grace for me with the dance was when Amu bless her heart dance with Sugni that was just beautiful. All creation makers that is a scene to make something on.

I enjoyed how Sugni said her declaration of Love to her Thakurmaalik.

You see how Pimp J forcefully ripped Vik hands from Sugni for the engagement, what a fore telling scene that it will take a force like that to come between them but still there hearts will remain one.

Those men chi chi chi Dead

This is the Calm Before the Storm  

I can't wait till Monday

Gosh if I don't stop I'll have a novel LOL

Edited by pyar-ishk - 30 June 2012 at 12:42pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

widdyRaleighbcatcupdcroziaxxromancefanVinnie79ForeverSHINeeJulieD

srijay

srijay

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
I think this happened to raise more suspicions for Gulabiya. And may be this is laying path to the new twist of Reva in this show.

Yes, I would expect Sugni to have refused Jiji's challenge. But this sequence is just to show how much Sugni loves Vik and that she goes against her personality and is ready to do anything for him. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

widdyRaleighbcatcupdromancefan

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vinnie79

Thankfully  he did put a stop to it, a bit late.  Thankfully he did.  MY thoughts :
 JiJI  knew  darn well what she was doing , and so did Vickram. And he did tell her (Sugni) when she explained about dancing for God and him only,) that she Dose not have to dance  here! 
 Her feelings of indebtedness and love toward him made her insistent,also  it is a form of blessing the new couple  and it would be her unique gift for them.
He is always telling her that they are equals , so  telling her ordering her to NOT DO IT BECAUSE I SAY NO! will contradict it.So with great reluctance he gave in.
I know.  It wouldn't have worked well from that perspective and Vik being consistent in his treatment of her is wonderfully shown.  But he is a man and sometimes in the heat of the moment it is nice to see them give in their more primitive instincts.  I can't believe I am saying it but there I said it. lol 

(BTW loved that scene where she was explaining her  Point of View, he  knew where she was coming from . I wished  Amrita had  danced  out the song with her, that imediatly changed the meaning of  "Raai!" and  royal slap the the Thakur's  "maan" na!  Absolutely loved Amrita joining into the dance and I too wish she continued on to the end before seeing MIL's reaction.  But then the thakur's vile words wouldn't have worked as well.

What he did not take into consideration was the comments that would be coming out of  these men' mouths! And  we all know he is cool with everything else except her being insulted!

this way it  had a more dramatic  effect!  Right!  I am trying to come to terms with it all. 

my reply in blue above. 

RaleighbcatcupdromancefanVinnie79pyar-ishk

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pyar-ishk

Shell we need your post to be long so please stop apologizing cause this one was too short Cry but still I love it.   Thank you Honey for your kind words.  I am glad you liked it. 

I'm with you on Vikram taking a stronger staand stopping the dance when I first watched the episode. I had a hole bunch of swear words coming out my mouth which is shocking cause I love everything this man does but still was too annoyed and angry to see Sugni reduced to that level.

Then I watched it again today it actually started crying for Sugni cause the girl emotional declare her soul to Vik in front all that had him beat. The man has demons in his closet and this innocent girl is saying how blessed she is cause bhagwaan walking side by side with her. I saw the guilt in his eyes and how touched he was that in the moment he got caught up
He does give all indications of the demons!  You're so right he was overwhelmed by what Sugni said in her declaration of love and devotion.  He know he has feet of clay and wants to deal with those demons without her finding out and not break her heart. 
and is like something him back to reality when Pimp J said give the lenga to the bedni. Angry Also too you have to remember Sugni is stubborn piece of work too and she would've argue with him to the end and am glad he didn't control and use his power in that moment cause it would've turn me off.

The saving grace for me with the dance was when Amu bless her heart dance with Sugni that was just beautiful. All creation makers that is a scene to make something on.
Loved Amu's dance. 

I enjoyed how Sugni said her declaration of Love to her Thakurmaalik.

You see how Pimp J forcefully ripped Vik hands from Sugni for the engagement, what a fore telling scene that it will take a force like that to come between them but still there hearts will remain one.  

Those men chi chi chi Dead  I know.  And they think they are higher class and worthy of chappel removal and heads bowed  Angry

This is the Calm Before the Storm   As the new montage and promo implies LOL

I can't wait till Monday  me too.

Gosh if I don't stop I'll have a novel LOL  Loved it.  This show does get us all carried away. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Raleighbcatcupdpyar-ishk

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 30 June 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by srijay

I think this happened to raise more suspicions for Gulabiya. And may be this is laying path to the new twist of Reva in this show.

Yes, I would expect Sugni to have refused Jiji's challenge. But this sequence is just to show how much Sugni loves Vik and that she goes against her personality and is ready to do anything for him. 

All throughout the dance I kept thinking what is gulabiya going to think of this?  She is going to flip!   I am starting to see the point that the Rai is a dance of devotion to god and in Sugni's case her devotion to Vikram.  Got it or getting there!
  Smile

widdyRaleighbcatcupdromancefanpyar-ishk

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.