India-Forums

Astitva Ek Prem Kahani
Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

Future story on Astitva

amita5 IF-Dazzler
amita5
amita5

Posted: 30 April 2005 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Viewers of the Indian television soaps are used to production houses bombarding them with the same theme in all their shows. The Balaji telefilms show Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, recently had a bizarre twist in the tale when it was discovered that the protagonist Parvati Agarwal (Sakshi Tanwar) was not the biological mother of Shruti (played by Tina Parrikh). Instead, Gayatri from the newly introduced Gill family, is the real beti of the Agarwal khandaan.

Zee TV's popular weekly soap Astitva is planning a similar bizarre change in the plot. In the coming week, Aastha will soon realise that Dr. Simran (Niki Aneja) is not her biological mother. The serial will then revolve around three women, a mother and the psychological dilemma of two daughters, Sia and Aastha. This is similar to the inner conflict that the two mothers and daughters in Kahaani... will have to undergo.

Also, while Sia's search for her biological parents will continue, she will start getting romantically involved with the attractive Abhimanyu (Varun Badola) who
incidentally happens to be her real father. Now, this seems like a classic theme steal from the archetypal saas-bahu melodrama. But, ask director Ajai Sinha and he lashes out, "I know that what I do with my show is different and bold.

Even the people who endorse the saas-bahu dramas sit and watch my serial. But the TRPs continue to tell a different story. I want to know where these metres are placed and what is the nature of the audience that is surveyed. I just hope that the entire faulty system is not like another Harshad Mehta or a Telgi scam."

hope you will know what to expect in future episodes

HugabbleJaan Senior Member
HugabbleJaan
HugabbleJaan

Posted: 30 April 2005 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the info.....
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top