Pavitra Rishta

Sushant's BW Debut: Discuss Here (Page 104)

Post Reply New Post

Page 104 of 151

RBAA

IF-Sizzlerz

RBAA

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 4:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AshuNaik

UTV Motion Pictures @utvfilms R film Kai Po Che based on @chetan_bhagat's bestseller The 3 Mistakes Of My Life releases next year. Video from da sets http://bit.ly/T0SRbD

thanks Ashu for the YT linkBig smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sushant's BW Debut: Discuss Here (Page 104)" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RBAA

IF-Sizzlerz

RBAA

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 4:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sushantfan

UTV Motion Pictures ?@utvfilms

R film Kai Po Che based on @chetan_bhagat's bestseller The 3 Mistakes Of My Life releases next year. Video from da setshttp://bit.ly/T0SRbD 

View media 
  •  Retweet 
  •  Favorite

Thanks for the tweet sushantfanSmile

RBAA

IF-Sizzlerz

RBAA

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 4:14am | IP Logged

Do like their post and also do comment on the post.

facebook.com/UTVMotionPictures

Thanks AshuSmile

RBAA

IF-Sizzlerz

RBAA

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 4:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gaurav_ankita08

Thanks gaurav_ankita for the awesome pic Smile

RBAA

IF-Sizzlerz

RBAA

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 4:16am | IP Logged

"The acting bug bit me at a very young age"

by Sagorika Dasgupta (September 29, 2012)

Sushant Singh Rajput's small-screen acting ambitions have grown into a big-screen dream. All set to make his celluloid debut in his upcoming film Kai Po Che! the actor takes us through his life

Background

I grew up in Delhi and Patna and completed my higher studies from Hansraj College in Delhi. I was quite a studious kid and went on to secure a post-graduation degree from the Delhi College of Engineering. I grew interested in dance after I saw a performance by choreographer Shiamak Davar's troupe. I was completely bowled over by his work and joined his group and went on to perform in the 2006 Commonwealth Games.

His Dream

The acting bug bit me at a very young age and was interested in the performing arts since I was in school. While acting was just a hobby in my formative years, I thought of taking it up seriously only after I enrolled in acting classes. So I joined Barry John's classes, which further boosted my confidence. It was a turning point and I decided to come to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting in earnest.

My parents were livid when they heard about my decision. However, I defied them to follow my dreams.

In Mumbai

After I moved to Mumbai, I got a chance to dance with Ashley Lobo's troupe and learn martial arts from Allan Amin. Luckily, I found work in the film industry by assisting Mohit Suri during the making of Raaz 2. Despite all this, I continued my involvement in theatre and was a member of Nadira Babbar's Ekjute theatre group too.

I am very grateful to Ekta Kapoor for giving me a break in acting in Pavitra Rishta, which became highly popular. I had no qualms about the TV medium. Frankly, the medium is not important, finding expression for my talent mattered. I have done theatre, TV and now films. Money and fame don't drive me, performing and learning is important. The joy of doing something that I have always wanted to do holds the greatest value for me.

First Break

I was one of the very fortunate few to enjoy a successful stint in television in a short span. I was to go to UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles) for a course in acting by the end of last year. But lady luck chose to smile on me early. I started getting a few interesting film offers. Casting director Mukesh Chabra called me for an audition for Disney UTV's Kai Po Che! Director Abhishek Kapoor and the studio thought I had what it takes to do justice to the character. And that is how I got my first break in films. As soon as I signed on the dotted line, I was given barely six weeks to get into shape as I portray the character of a sportsperson in the film.

At the moment, I am in a very happy space and derive my success from my family. Right now, I have a couple of very interesting offers, but I plan to take them on one at a time.

I will be grateful for the mileage that television gave me. It enhanced my confidence to face the camera and also earned me the love of my fans.

Thanks sushantfan for sharing the articleSmile

RBAA

IF-Sizzlerz

RBAA

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 4:17am | IP Logged

Box Office India ?@boxofficeindia

Spotlight - #SushantSinghRajput from television to the big screen with his upcoming film debut in #KaiPoChe!http://www.boxofficeindia.co.in/%e2%80%9cthe-acting-bug-bit-me-at-a-very-young-age%e2%80%9d/

Expand 
  •  Retweet 
  •  Favorite

Thanks sushantfanSmile

RBAA

IF-Sizzlerz

RBAA

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 4:18am | IP Logged

Thanks AshuSmile

RBAA

IF-Sizzlerz

RBAA

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 4:19am | IP Logged

Small Screen's Big Dreams

PriyankaPereira : Fri Oct 05 2012, 02:06 hrs

With Indian cinema more in awe of talent than of star value, TV actors find a new foothold in films.

When Vicky Donor released in theatres earlier this year, the interest around the movie was not very high. However, a strong script backed by good execution, made the film a superhit and its lead actor ' Ayushman Khurrana ' a household name. Khurrana was a popular host on television, but not many expected him to fit into the Bollywood mould. Vicky Donor changed that. Khurrana is now cast in director Rohan Sippy's next with Kunaal Roy Kapur. "Television and films are not completely different entities any more. The focus on content rather than just star value has resulted in actors from other mediums, such as television, bag a chance," Khurrana reasons.

Unlike Khurrana, fellow television actor Pulkit Samrat's big screen debut Bittoo Boss tanked at the box-office. But Samrat was appreciated for his acting skills. Soon after, Excel Entertainment signed him for their upcoming film, Fukhrey, opposite Richa Chaddha.

After Khurrana and Samrat met with success, several television actors followed suit. Rrehan Malik, who was earlier seen on television's popular serial Sanjeevani, debuts opposite Preity Zinta in Ishq In Paris. Barun Sobti, who is known for his intense role in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, will soon be seen in a film titled Main aur Mr Right. Kuch Toh Log Kahenge's Dr Ashutosh, Sharad Kelkar has bagged a meaty role in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Ram Leela. Sushant Singh Rajput, who became famous for his role in Zee TV's Pavitra Rishta, will be seen in Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che along with another TV actor, Amit Sadh. Rajput will also be seen in Rajkumar Hirani's PK, which has Aamir Khan as the lead actor. "Today, it doesn't matter where the actors come from. As long as they are talented or have screen presence," says Prem Raj, director of Ishq in Paris.

In the past, several television actors have tried their hand at movies, but not many have succeeded. Shah Rukh Khan and Vidya Balan are two instances of television being a launchpad for Bollywood stardom. Gracy Singh and Prachi Desai delivered hits with their first films, Lagaan and Rock On!!! respectively. However, they faded away soon after. Films with actors such as Amar Upadhyay, Yash Tonk and Eijaz Khan sank without a trace.

So, what's working in favour of the current crop of television actors? Mrigdeep Singh Lamba, director of Fukhrey, says, "The main reason for this is the kind of cinema that is being made now. Bollywood is not just about pretty faces and exotic locales. Content and actors enjoy a lot of importance now." According to Prem Raj, as the industry is growing at a rapid pace, there is place for everyone.

Television has a wide reach today. Actors have an easy connect with the audiences and also an established fanbase. Sobti, who is extremely popular for his role in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, believes his stint in television is one of the biggest reasons he bagged a film offer. "I was called to audition because they had seen my work on television," he says. Similarly, Samrat became famous for his role of Lakshya in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. "Most people recognise me even now and are curious about the kind of work I am doing," he says. This has not only given the actors the much-needed confidence but also has big banners show faith in them.

Thanks Ashu for sharing the articleSmile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top