Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LeadNitrate thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: chocolover89

No..he doesn't have to be Hindu to have a Hindu wedding. Kareena will however have to convert for a Muslim wedding as far as I know.

I'm surrpised they're not going to have a nikkah. I'd assume it would be required because Saif is royal nd the complications regarding that..but anyways, I don't know anything.

All such royal titles have been officially abolished in 1977 or was it 1975. Now whatever remains is just in name. But when tiger married sharmila, he had official position and a say and so sharmila had to convert and have a nikah. Its not necessary anymore. The nawab is more of a ornamental title. Same goes for rajah and maharajah's too. They are not officially anything.

But since this country is only democracy in name, people still feel proud to call themselves rajah  x or nawab y.

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I hope their marriages lasts... like Sharmila and Pataudi's did 😳
metoyou thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
As far as I know, one HAS TO do a nikaah for the Islam. A nikaah is the actual way to marry for the Islam. It is really sad to read that till now nothing has been said about a nikaah. I do respect their decision to do a Hindu wedding but in my opinion Saif should also give his religion importance and they can do it both ways (Islamic and Hindu) whats wrong in doing that?!

Originally posted by: me2you

As far as I know, one HAS TO do a nikaah for the Islam. A nikaah is the actual way to marry for the Islam. It is really sad to read that till now nothing has been said about a nikaah. I do respect their decision to do a Hindu wedding but in my opinion Saif should also give his religion importance and they can do it both ways (Islamic and Hindu) whats wrong in doing that?!

In islam rules if Saif want to marry her she has to become muslima.you cant make Nikaah unless the two of them are muslims.Nikaah is between muslims.i find this whole marriage a bit hypocrite why cant they just make a party for they beloved ones and put it on documents that is it.

if you want to do it in a religions way i do not know the Hindu part,but a Muslim cant marry someone who is not period. 
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Mariiage has roots in religion. No ones dictating terms to them, just pointing out the obvious. 

I honestly dont care how they get married, but since saif is going to make her happy by having a hindu wedding why cant she do the same for him? 
boredsoul thumbnail

Originally posted by: Enycedoll

Mariiage has roots in religion. No ones dictating terms to them, just pointing out the obvious.

I honestly dont care how they get married, but since saif is going to make her happy by having a hindu wedding why cant she do the same for him?

these are just rumours floating around . we should leave religion out of our conversations. period.
you never know when one comment will lead to another somebodys sentiments will be hurt in this process
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Enycedoll

Like Imran-Avantika did. It would certainly make things far less complicated, and it would be "equal" as well. But at the end of the day, I guess it's their wedding and I think they should be free to do whatever they want..

@Tanni
Thanks! :) I knew the titles got abolished, but still thought they might have to/or choose to follow those traditions..😕