Mythological Masti

Who was Radha?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

ritika06

ritika06

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 10:15am | IP Logged
I know Radha was Krishna's lover.Both of them were in love with each other but Krishna couldn't take Radha with him to Dwaraka because of certain reasons.
One of the reasons i heard was that Radha was married.Her only duty as a wife was to feed her husband on time and NOTHING else.Is that true?If yes,then who was Radha's husband?

My other and the most important question is who was Radha?Was she Lakshmi's avatar?If no,then who was she?

Many people have said that Rukmini was Lakshmi's avatar.Then why isn't she worshipped like Sita?I have seen Krishna-Radha temples but i don't think there's any Krishna-Rukmini temple.Why?

Shukracharya's father had cursed Lord Vishnu that he will never spend his whole life with his wife in any of his avatar.He will always be separated from his consort.That's one reason why Ram was separated from Sita twice and couldn't spend his life with her.But then if Rukmini was the avatar of Lakshmi then he definitely spent his whole life with her.Both of them never got separated.Then why did shukracharya's father's curse fail in the Krishna avatar of Vishnu?

Please someone answer my questions.

Mods.if this topic has been already posted before then please give me the link to that topic before closing it. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who was Radha?" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ritika06

Mods.if this topic has been already posted before then please give me the link to that topic before closing it. 
You may find some useful information on Radha here in these old threads.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 29 June 2012 at 1:26pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 01 July 2012 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ritika06

Many people have said that Rukmini was Lakshmi's avatar.Then why isn't she worshipped like Sita?I have seen Krishna-Radha temples but i don't think there's any Krishna-Rukmini temple.Why?

Srimad Bhagavatham venerates Rukmini as an 'embodiment of Lakshmi'. There are plenty of Krishna - Rukmini temples. In Pandharpur, for instance, Rukmini (Rakumai) is the chief consort of Vithala / Vithobha. There are many temples in Tamil Nadu, where Krishna stands flanked by Rukmini and Satyabhama.

Edited by varaali - 02 July 2012 at 9:13am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch.Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top