Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 9:44am | IP Logged
Varun has changed me into a FanGirl!  For the last couple of months, without having a model perfect face and body, he has just won me over completely. There is something about him that just calls you at a very personal and intimate level that you understand exactly how poor young Sugni feels.  His acting is flawless, he commands each and every scene.  When he is on all the other actors become supporting cast.  I also have to thank the creative team of writers, directors, camera, sets designers etc for making him so successful. 

Yesterday I read the WU and then later watched the episode and it was all great.  The episode was wonderful as always, the cinematography, acting, plot, story, character development were all good.  There were no surprises.  The story didn't actually move forward, we still don't know what is Vickram's secret.  It  was all fine, then this morning I watched the episode again.  And boom!  I saw all the subtle nuances that my tired brain missed last night.

Here are some scenes that resonated with me.  I am skipping over the Amu and Mr SE's scene at the beginning and also the Sugni with her family.  Although that scene was a great set up for the humiliation and attitude she is facing and will face as a result of her relationship with Vickram.

My favourite scene was Vickram with his sister.  Jiji was at her patronizing and sarcastic best  as only an older sister can be when her younger sibling is not listening to her wisdom.  She is the older sister and by default she knows it all and as a younger brother he must listen to her.  That is the dynamic of the sibling relationship,  We tell you what to do and you as a younger less important brother and/or sister do what we say without asking any questions. It doesn't matter that both are now in their 30s or 40s you follow the rules of birth order.  That is the way it is.  Vickram is the smarter, worldly younger brother who know where his sister is coming from and knows, as all younger brothers know, that he knows better and is indulging his older sister.  He loves and respects her and would never do anything willingly to humiliate her or disrespect her.  Loved the relationship here and absolutely loved Vickram's reply to Jiji.  "heran hum bhi hai, jiji, that in the mist of all these important relatives and thakurs your attention is on where hamara dayan hai."  LOVED LOVED LOVED that response.  It shut her up.  What could she possibly say to that subtle put down.  He is still very respectful in the language and tone of voice but he told her.  She can only press her lips and he shakes his head at her and walks away.  Can you tell I have a much younger and smarter brother?  That I understand the brother/sister relationships and LOVE how PSH showcases it.  It doesn't matter how much or bitterly you argue and fight and try to control each other's lives (ok more she then him) you love each other and can't live without the other. 

My second favourite scene is probably everyone else's when Vickram sees that his sister has completely humiliated Sugni, he walks up to her and stands really close.  He gives her a sad reassuring look full of love and then looks at his sister with eyes spiting contempt.  Amazing here how Varun switches from love to contempt in an instant.  Jiji looks defiantly back at him "I have every right to do what I did".  

Vickram then takes her gift and gently grabs her hand and walks towards the engaged couple.  I wish in this part of the scene Vik was still holding her hand instead of her wrist but that issue didn't take away anything from the scene.  As he walks the BG is some sort of temple shlokly type of music almost emulating phere that take place during a wedding.  The thakurs and thakurains watch the  drama unfold and you know this is not going down well for them.  They didn't miss the significance of what Vik is doing.  The horror!  Thakur holding hands with a bedni and showing respect. lol!

SugVi reach the engaged couple, Vik hands the gift to Amrita who takes it happily and you know she likes it and "the walk".  She probably doesn't understand the significance "the walk" was to the Thakur community but SE and Jiji understood.  When he said "ye thofa ... mere aur Sugni ki taraf se"  WOW! WOW!  What a moment for Sugni!  That line moved me to tears.  In that moment I was seduced, like Sugni, all over again with the Vickram character.  What a way to show the importance he has given to her gift, he shows that he understood the trouble she went through to get it and loves her and respects her for it.   I wrote in one of my posts about the SugVi dance that my trouble with the dance was that he was being disrespectful towards her by moving so fast and touching her.  But in this scene he redeems himself.

OMG  I wrote a novel here!  I could probably write more but life calls!  Will be back to discuss more. 

Shelly

Edited by Shell16 - 29 June 2012 at 9:52am

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

JANNAVp00rnasunherikamuraliVirashwiddylallikavitalovelina25kim93kamala2012namitagloryzekomascrazzykuriPutijaChalhovvenlidvinromancefan-Srushti-komal07HillyloveVinnie79tulipdaisy-Nakshatra--rupa-KhatamKahanirani-lucki-tellyaddict-manzilmukulpyar-ishk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "28Jun12 - Vickram steals the show!" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tulipdaisy

IF-Rockerz

tulipdaisy

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Shelly what a lovely post you have written... agree with your views completely... I have seen Varun's few previous shows and always liked his acting but have fallen in love with this particular Varun aka Vikram. There's no scene where we can feel he didnt act well... he just sets such high standards of acting its marveling to watch him.

A major credit also goes to the CVs and makers for casting him as TVS and giving such awesomes dialogues to such an ace actor.

His scene with his jiji is always good to watch becoz thats where he is at his best sarcastically.

Edited by ash_arti - 29 June 2012 at 9:58am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Virashlovelina25widdynamitagloryzPutijaChalhovromancefanVinnie79komal07Shell16pyar-ishk

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Thanks Aarathi,

I have never seen him before and would have loved it.  He is an amazing actor. 

Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

widdynamitagloryzcupdromancefan

romancefan

Goldie

romancefan

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Love your post Shell, what a great writer you are. And a great thinker too. Wish i could give you a hug!Hug

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

widdynamitagloryzcupdShell16

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by romancefan

Love your post Shell, what a great writer you are. And a great thinker too. Wish i could give you a hug!Hug

Thank you honey!  I fold you back in my arms tight!
  Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

widdyromancefan

Vinnie79

IF-Dazzler

Vinnie79

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 10:28am | IP Logged
I  completely agree with you  Shell,  Varun  Badola is an amazing actor.
 I  don't think there is any one on this forum who will disagree that Thakur Vickram Singh is not a force to be reconed with. (Even those against the relationship)
 Every expression , wheather  it be by words, facial expressions  says so  much!   He steals the scene by his utter presence alone.
 I am totally in love with TVS, especially after last nights episode ClapClapHeartHeartBroken Heart, totally blown away , it would be very hard for the CV's to change this character  now...(humble request  to CV's  please  change your minds if that is what you are planning to do!)

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

widdylovelina25namitagloryzSabina_AnsariPutijaChalhovromancefankomal07Shell16pyar-ishk

romancefan

Goldie

romancefan

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Vinnie and Shell, may i join the club of Varun's admirers? For the past 2 weeks since his love confession, i've been thinking of him day and night, even when driving Embarrassed I know, i know, it's not safe, but what to do? As Shell said, Varun just has a way of sneaking past a gal's defences and stealing her heart.Tongue

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

widdySabina_AnsarinamitagloryzcupdVinnie79Shell16

-rupa-

IF-Rockerz

-rupa-

Posted: 29 June 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged

Lovely post ...& i agree ...vikram know how to handle the situation . As u said i loved the scene where he said to jiji about her keeping eye when all thakur is present ...so subtle without raising voice ..he made her keep quite . He dont insult jiji and at same time he balance the relationship ..what a man ..hunh

Last scene where he hold sugini was def to let other thakur know that she is respected & how her gift became so imp as it was also gift from vikram . ..Powerful & love & respect which shower to sugini was amazing

Who wont love this manEmbarrassed

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

lovelina25namitagloryzPutijaChalhovromancefanVinnie79komal07Shell16pyar-ishk

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.