Ruling the small screen

Manasi_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 19 years ago

Ruling the small screen

But Ronit Roy says he is going to be selective

SHOWBUZZ NETWORK
The most wanted man on the small screen, Ronit Roy has been doing very selective roles, maintaining his popularity. Slowly and steadily he has grown to become the hottest male actor on television. Replacing Amar Upadhyay to play Mihir Virani of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi can be quite a challenge, considering the fan-following Amar enjoyed. But Ronit rose to the task and soon won over a lot of the female fans. Wooing women of all ages, Mr. Bajaj of Kasauti Zindagi Ki is probably the most suited character Ronit has played. Now playing a father of grown ups in the Balaji serials, the young actor also gets to play the son of a shrewd politician in Sarrkkar.
"Kasauti had started with my character being a father of grown up children," says Ronit. In Kyunki..., a serial with way too many characters, Mihir's character has almost reached a dead end. "I don't agree. No character can reach a dead end on television. In serials, the focal point keeps shifting from one character to the other.

Any character can be brought to back to life by bringing it into focus. If Mihir has an affair or gets a heart attack, he'll become the focus again. ."
Both sensitive and obedient, this role in Sarrkkar demands for the actor to put his best forward. The story revolves around a family into politics. After the death of the father, the mother plans to take over his post as the CM. The dominating mother runs the family on the strength of her two sons, played by real life brothers - Ronit and Rohit Roy. Playing the sober and more practical son, Ronit portrays Kunal Pratap Singh brilliantly. "He is the elder son of a family that has been into politics for many years," says Ronit, "He is a straight-forward and idealistic man, who does not believe in politics." Quite different from the roles he has played in the Balaji serials, the character of Kunal in Sarrkkar shows Ronit at his best. "Every role is a bit different from the others because characters are different. In Sarrkkar, my character has a different body language and a different manner of approaching his relationships," he says. Fans will be disappointed to find that a rumour doing the rounds on the media is that Ronit Roy will be walking out of Kyunki... because of date problems. With Sarrkkar, Ronit has been too busy with the new serial to give enough time to Kyunki.... Ronit refuses to comment on this, "I will talk about it when the time is right." For now, he is concentrating on his current projects, "I am not inclined to starting any new projects yet, mainly because there is no time," he adds.

After conquering many a hearts on the small screen, he is open to the idea of acting in Bollywood, but he is going to be very selective about it. "I did a couple of cameos in the
past years, but I have decided not to do any more of those. I had done them for either returning favours or maintaining my relationships. Now I will only do a film looking at the merit of the character."

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=April2005_extraspecial_stand ard525&child=extraspecial

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

livingforelvis thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
GR8 interview in which films has he done Cameos ... i know only bout Kisna
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanks a bunch for posting this article!!
btw.....when is this dated?
😊
livingforelvis thumbnail
Muz be Recent  Like last week or somthin ... i guess
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hey i found out when it was dated......interestingly enough...it's dated 29 april!!!!
Now i seriously think that Ronit's not leaving Sarrkarr!!!!
YAAAHOOO!!!😃😃
Ronit thumbnail
So this means he's leaving kasautii???? i am confused can anyone help me plEASE!
Naina_in thumbnail
Wow Lovely article, but whats this, is he leaving kyunki as well?
livingforelvis thumbnail
we shud ask vaashi tht female who claimed she is releated 2 balaji grp