-Nadii- thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Main Bhi Oprah:
Mona Singh

She loves to talk and connect with people. Her close friends describe Mona Singh as 'chirpy, bubbly and full of life'. This could be one of the reasons that various channels are approaching her to host talk shows.

Recently, the buzz was that Sahara One was in talks with Mona for a similar show. Conforming this, an official from the channel said, "Yes we are looking forward to work with Mona on this talk show. It's too early to give out details, but it would be fabulous to have her on board."

Based on the lines of Oprah Winfrey's popular show, Mona would be seen talking about various social issues that affect the lives of people in the city.

Being Mona

Singh, who was in Pune catching up with friends, also affirmed that the channel had approached her with the concept. "Yes they did want to meet me, but I didn't have time since I have been travelling a lot."

Does the idea of hosting a chat show excite her? "It definitely does, because it will give me the liberty of being Mona Singh and get out of the Jassi mould. I love interacting with people and connecting with them, so it would be a natural progression for me professionally."

Mona also added that she has been watching a lot of Oprah these days. "I never followed the show closely before, but now I am hooked on to it. I think Oprah is an amazing person, and the way she involves everyone on the show in her discussions is fantastic."

Better than dailies

Mona says it's a better option at the moment than doing a daily show. "I don't want to get into a daily at the moment. I would love to try my hand at doing a talk show. Let's see what works out in the coming days."

Driving lessons

When asked what she's been up to in her free time she says, "I have been catching up with all my friends who I lost touch with in the last few years. In fact, when I went to Pune I figured most of them had left the city or got married and settled abroad."

Apart from this, she's also taking lessons to drive her car. "I have to admit that I am not a great driver. I still have to figure out the reverse gear and other driving fundas," says the actress.

Mona also recalls having a blast at close friend Shilpa Saklani's birthday party on Sunday. "It was amazing, we were all up partying till four in the morning. The best part was I didn't have to report to the sets the next day, so I could just relax and let my hair down."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tiki5434 thumbnail

already posted, but thank youji! 😃
marvelous.malks thumbnail
thanks!