Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Devi Rati Cursed Devi Parvati - Need Justification (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 7

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

kkr531

kkr531

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by njani123

See below the paragraph from Shiv Puran

"Lord Shiva and Parvati were blissfully enjoying their martial status, unaware of the eagerness with which the deities were awaiting the arrival of their progeny.
Tarakasur - the demon continued tormenting the deities. When their miseries became unbearable they went to lord Brahma to seek their help. All of them then went to lord Vishnu. They told him that even after passing of such a long duration of time, Parvati and Shiva had not yet become parents. They requested lord Vishnu to remind Shiva about the purpose behind his marriage.
Initially lord Vishnu showed his disinclination to disturb Shiva's martial bliss, but when the deities insisted he went to Shiva accompanied by all of them. All of them eulogised Shiva and Parvati. The deities then requested Shiva to make his contribution in the destruction of Tarakasur.
Shiva understood everything. Some drops of his semen fell down on the ground. One being insisted by the deities. Agni transformed his appeared in the form of a pigeon and pecked up those drops of semen.
Right then Parvati arrived there and became extremely furious on seeing the semen going waste. She cursed the deities that their respective wives would remain issue less as the consequences of their mindless acts.
Agni was having inflammation in his stomach because of the Shiva's semen. Lord Shiva advised him to transfer it into the womb of any noble woman. Agni followed the instruction and injected the semen into the body of six women through the pores of the hair on their body.
Those women could not bear the extreme luster of the Shiva's semen. They went to Himachal and evacuated it. Even Himachal could not bear its extreme effulgence and immersed it into the flowing Ganga. River Ganga carried it with her current and established it amidst bushes of reed (Sarkanda). Instantaneously a beautiful child manifested from it. His birth made all the deities extremely joyous including Shiva and Parvati. It was the sixth day (bright half of the lunar month) of the hindu month of Margashirsha. He was Kartikeya. "

It clearly states that Kartikeya was not born inside Parvati but was born outside after their union. Because of the curse of Rati, the embryo formed by Shiv-Parvati union was transferred and thats how Kartikeya was borned.

We all know how Ganpati was born- Once Parvati wanted to take bath and there was no one to guide at door. She then made a baby out of turmeric paste and put life into it and so Ganesh was born.

Have you guys seen the old "Om Namah Shivay" serial that used to come around 6-7 years ago. They showed the same thing.

This is mythological series. CVs cannot make imaginations here. They have to show what is actually there.

So Rati's curse is justified.

@red

could you please quote any puranic scripture for that, it would be very helpful if you could do that

regards
krishna

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Devi Rati Cursed Devi Parvati - Need Justification (Page 5)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Nymphadora-

IF-Veteran Member

-Nymphadora-

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Rati did curse quite a few Devtas apparently after the death of Kaamdev...but she didnt curse parvati-that the Cvs way of making a "justification" as to why Kartikeya wasnt born through parvatis womb...thats it!!!
no such story is written anywhere or has been heard off...the Cvs have interconnected two stories and made a conclusion of it to create a justification!
PS-is it stated anywhere why Parvati didnt have a natural birth for her cildren?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jishnup1608Sweet24subha2601

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:14am | IP Logged
The story that was quoted above is familiar to me.  It is well-known, isn't it? It;s the standard birth narrative of Kartikeya.

But there's no reason to believe that the unusual births of both Kartikeya And Ganesha happened because of Rati's curse. that's a leap, it seems to me.I haven't seen/heard of a causal link...would be happy to be corrected.

Edited by narangi_77 - 28 June 2012 at 10:13am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet24

jishnup1608

jishnup1608

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Wonderful information "njani123"...and many thanks. I just read fourth khand (4th chapter) of Shiva Puran and indeed HIS son Kartikeya was born from Devi Ganga...however nowhere has been mentioned Rati's curse in entire book...

Also, in the serial it was shown that Lord Vishnu gave the boon to Kamdev to be present in all flowers etc...and that he will be born as Lord Krishna's son Pradyuma...but this boon was given by none other than Bholenath Lord SHIVA.

subha2601

jishnup1608

jishnup1608

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by narangi_77

The story that was quoted above is familiar to me.  It is well-known, isn't it? It;s the standard birth narrative of Kartikeya.

But there's no reason to believe that the unusual births of both Kartikeya And Ganesha happened because of Rati's curse. that's a leap, it seems to me.I haven't seen/heard of a causal link...would be happy to be corrected.

Rati never cursed Devi Parvati...

Sweet24

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jishnup1608

Originally posted by narangi_77

Rati never cursed Devi Parvati...

yes I am quite aware of that, thanks.

Edited by narangi_77 - 28 June 2012 at 10:24am

The.Patthaaka.

IF-Sizzlerz

The.Patthaaka.

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Thsi was one event i wasn't aware of..this whole rati cursing/not cursing event..so when i saw it in the show,i was like oh so rati curses n then makes some moderations.

Now i can understand how the CV's are a big reason to create ambiguity amonst ppl who are not fully aware of the story  Ermm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jishnup1608Sweet24

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

Rati did curse quite a few Devtas apparently after the death of Kaamdev...but she didnt curse parvati-that the Cvs way of making a "justification" as to why Kartikeya wasnt born through parvatis womb...thats it!!!
no such story is written anywhere or has been heard off...the Cvs have interconnected two stories and made a conclusion of it to create a justification!
PS-is it stated anywhere why Parvati didnt have a natural birth for her cildren?

Shruti

I asked the same question in the Doubts & Discussions thread.  See pg 101-102 there

Edited by .Vrish. - 28 June 2012 at 11:21am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jishnup1608Sweet24

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.