Celebrity Fan Clubs

Rains..Daya..aur Hum-Dayanand Shetty FC-pg118 (Page 92)

Post Reply New Post

Page 92 of 150

gadhadada

Coolbie

gadhadada

Posted: 28 July 2012 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -purnima-

welcome back GD SmileSmile hope u doing well now SmileSmile feeling better SmileSmile 

thank You, Less Work todayLOL, yup feeling much Better...Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-purnima-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rains..Daya..aur Hum-Dayanand Shetty FC-pg118 (Page 92)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

gadhadada

Coolbie

gadhadada

Posted: 28 July 2012 at 2:37am | IP Logged

Ok DII's...
Time Up...Wink
going now...
Monday ko time mila tou aaon ga...
take care BothHug
bye bye...

-purnima-

monika21

IF-Sizzlerz

monika21

Posted: 28 July 2012 at 2:56am | IP Logged
anyone here..???

veeru paji tusi ho ki chale gaye...

GD bye dear take care

-purnima-

IF-Sizzlerz

-purnima-

Posted: 29 July 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged

Chasing criminals, cracking cases

LOL LOLLOL
LOL

A couple is having dinner at an upscale restaurant and talking about their impending wedding. After sipping the wine, the guy falls to the ground, and the girl shrieks in shock and horror.  LOLLOLLOL A nearby diner makes a call, "Hello, CID?"

That is pretty much how every episode of CID begins. ROFL

On air for the last 15 years on Sony, the show has acquired a dedicated following, with fan clubs on Facebook and numerous Twitter handles. (do they know abt ours LOL )

And now, it looks like the show will be made into a film. Producer BP Singh, the man behind the series, who also plays a character, DCP Chitrole, LOLLOLLOL says, "The plan to make CID into a film has been on for the last four years, and now we have a budget for it."

But what is it about the show that despite the simple, sometimes ludicrous plots, its popularity never flags?  How did the 'team' come together?

ACP Pradyuman, and senior inspectors Abhijeet and Daya, the pivotal characters of the series, have been with the show since it began, and have become household names by now. Marathi theatre veteran Shivaji Satam who plays ACP Pradyuman, the boss of the team, had worked with Singh on many projects.Big smile

CID

Prominent among these was the Marathi crime show Ek Shunya Shunya, which was popular in the late '80s. "Having worked with BP on so many projects, I had to be part of CID," says Satam.

Aditya Srivastava, or senior inspector Abhijeet, though introduced in the show as a criminal, was later absorbed into the CID team. Smile

"I had agreed to only 26 episodes. LOLLOL  In 1998, I was also doing some films, but BP sir gave me the flexibility to come and go as I felt like. But I began to enjoy the role of Abhijeet, and so stayed on," says Srivastava. Singh wanted Srivastava to be part of his team after seeing his work in Ram Gopal Varma's Satya.

Dayanand Shetty (Daya) was spotted by Sanjay Shetty, a member of the CID production team, in a community play,LOLLOL  in which Daya was adjudged best actor.StarClap Day Dreaming So impressed was Singh with Shetty that he finalised him five minutes into the audition!  Big smileBig smileBig smile

Loved by children for his habit of breaking doors LOLLOL , Shetty says, "None of us thought the show would run for so long. We had enough episodes to last for around two years, but slowly our popularity began to rise, and we kept doing more and more episodes."

This tall, strapping man, who also featured in last year's dance reality show Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa, says that "our show is such that four generations can watch it together." Big smileBig smileBig smile 

But how exactly did Singh conceptualise the show? Following the success of Ek Shunya Shunya, based on real crimes and a great deal of coordination with the police, Singh wanted to expand the scope of the genre. "Many real-life cases are sub judice and there are other complications. Fiction gives us more freedom," he says. The pilot episodes of CID (made in the early '90s) featured actual forensic doctors. It was while working closely with them that Singh got attracted to the science and decided to create the forensic science department in the show, headed by the entertaining Dr Salunkhe (played by Narendra Gupta of the violently dyed hair).

Not starry-eyed
The CID team is aware of the adulation that viewers have for them, but refuse to be swayed by it. Neither Srivastava, nor Shetty are Web-savvy and don't know about the various fan clubs on Facebook CryUnhappy(dats not fair).

However, they are naturally pretty happy about it Big smileBig smileBig smile . For Shetty, "ignorance is bliss. I think it's good that I'm away from the online stuff," while the reticent Srivastava says, "I don't think a lot about this."(so  similar jai-veeru) LOLLOLLOL

However, Satam is active on Facebook and Twitter and tries to keep track of online activities. SmileSmile  Even after playing the same character for 15 years, Satam says he isn't bored or exhausted. "Our show will run till God becomes tired of CID," LOLLOLLOL he says with a laugh.

And the cult grows...

There are more than ten Facebook pages on CID; one of them is exclusively devoted to Daya's slaps (Daya is pretty generous when it comes to slapping criminals on the show). ROFL  Shetty remains a particular favourite with kids.(i am 5 yr kid )LOLLOL

Remembers Delhi-based student Shantanu Argal, 25, "When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up and be like Daya as he was always this larger-than-life character."LOL

Seven-year-old Abhay Verma, who studies in Bombay Scottish School, is an ardent follower of the show. "I love detective serials and CID is my favourite. I love Daya because he's big and strong, and manages things properly," Big smileBig smileBig smilehe says.

Adds BP Singh, "We knew early on that kids love our show, which is why we've always been careful with the show's presentation."

Grown-up fans often find the show amusing but enjoyable. LOL  Says Urvashi Singh, a 29-year-old Mumbai-based lawyer, "It's predictable and the endings are always so stereotypical ' the suspect is always getting slapped in the end! It's quite funny actually. But it's entertaining." Her favourite character is Abhijeet as she finds him rather intense.(how she thinks like many of us here) LOLLOLLOL

In the show, the CID officers don't have surnames and there no focus on their personal lives. The show did try to focus briefly on personal plots, which included one where Satam shot his criminal son. "That episode was emotionally draining," recalls Satam. However, Shetty feels that the prime focus of CID is crime, and personal tracks don't merit a mention.(ahem ahem i will never 4get that episode WinkEmbarrassed)

Among the crew's most memorable episodes is one that was shot in a single take and lasted 111 minutes! It has found a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.ClapBig smile

It isn't that CID has enjoyed a smooth run all these years. As producer BP Singh says, "There were times we thought the show would go off the air." But it always survived.

While fans wait for the film, expected to go on the floors by the end of 2012, they will have to make do with watching the show, and hearing ACP Pradyuman's famous lines, "Teen khoon karne ke liye, ab tumhe sirf phaasi hogi, sirf phaasi!"LOLLOLLOL

p.s--i love the pic EmbarrassedEmbarrassed smile & the pose Day Dreaming touchwood its not the blue bhangaar shirt LOL...

scanned article

?

Edited by -purnima- - 29 July 2012 at 12:51am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

gadhadadasubha.DreamyDeepz28-Twinkles-monika21debasree04neeme

debasree04

IF-Sizzlerz

debasree04

Sport/Cricket & Yudh Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 29 July 2012 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Thanx Purnima...Big smile
Though i have seen it still i am seeing it again...feeling like see it again & again Embarrassed

-purnima-

neeme

IF-Sizzlerz

neeme

Posted: 29 July 2012 at 1:31am | IP Logged
Thanks Purni For sharing Hug Ajj Tu Bht mehnat ki .Ain WinkLOL
Btw Teen Khoon nae... Teen Teen Khoon ROFL.. Tora Zor da ko bolo Boss LOLLOL
The Pic is Just WowTongueTongueBig smile... Duo's Style is Day DreamingDay DreamingDay Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gadhadada-purnima-

gadhadada

Coolbie

gadhadada

Posted: 29 July 2012 at 9:29am | IP Logged

Chasing criminals, cracking cases

LOL LOLLOL
LOL

A couple is having dinner at an upscale restaurant and talking about their impending wedding. After sipping the wine, the guy falls to the ground, and the girl shrieks in shock and horror.  LOLLOLLOL A nearby diner makes a call, "Hello, CID?"

That is pretty much how every episode of CID begins. ROFL

On air for the last 15 years on Sony, the show has acquired a dedicated following, with fan clubs on Facebook and numerous Twitter handles. (do they know abt ours LOL )

And now, it looks like the show will be made into a film. Producer BP Singh, the man behind the series, who also plays a character, DCP Chitrole, LOLLOLLOL says, "The plan to make CID into a film has been on for the last four years, and now we have a budget for it."

But what is it about the show that despite the simple, sometimes ludicrous plots, its popularity never flags?  How did the 'team' come together?

ACP Pradyuman, and senior inspectors Abhijeet and Daya, the pivotal characters of the series, have been with the show since it began, and have become household names by now. Marathi theatre veteran Shivaji Satam who plays ACP Pradyuman, the boss of the team, had worked with Singh on many projects.Big smile

CID

Prominent among these was the Marathi crime show Ek Shunya Shunya, which was popular in the late '80s. "Having worked with BP on so many projects, I had to be part of CID," says Satam.

Aditya Srivastava, or senior inspector Abhijeet, though introduced in the show as a criminal, was later absorbed into the CID team. Smile

"I had agreed to only 26 episodes. LOLLOL  In 1998, I was also doing some films, but BP sir gave me the flexibility to come and go as I felt like. But I began to enjoy the role of Abhijeet, and so stayed on," says Srivastava. Singh wanted Srivastava to be part of his team after seeing his work in Ram Gopal Varma's Satya.

Dayanand Shetty (Daya) was spotted by Sanjay Shetty, a member of the CID production team, in a community play,LOLLOL  in which Daya was adjudged best actor.StarClap Day Dreaming So impressed was Singh with Shetty that he finalised him five minutes into the audition!  Big smileBig smileBig smile

Loved by children for his habit of breaking doors LOLLOL , Shetty says, "None of us thought the show would run for so long. We had enough episodes to last for around two years, but slowly our popularity began to rise, and we kept doing more and more episodes."

This tall, strapping man, who also featured in last year's dance reality show Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa, says that "our show is such that four generations can watch it together." Big smileBig smileBig smile 

But how exactly did Singh conceptualise the show? Following the success of Ek Shunya Shunya, based on real crimes and a great deal of coordination with the police, Singh wanted to expand the scope of the genre. "Many real-life cases are sub judice and there are other complications. Fiction gives us more freedom," he says. The pilot episodes of CID (made in the early '90s) featured actual forensic doctors. It was while working closely with them that Singh got attracted to the science and decided to create the forensic science department in the show, headed by the entertaining Dr Salunkhe (played by Narendra Gupta of the violently dyed hair).

Not starry-eyed
The CID team is aware of the adulation that viewers have for them, but refuse to be swayed by it. Neither Srivastava, nor Shetty are Web-savvy and don't know about the various fan clubs on Facebook CryUnhappy(dats not fair).

However, they are naturally pretty happy about it Big smileBig smileBig smile . For Shetty, "ignorance is bliss. I think it's good that I'm away from the online stuff," while the reticent Srivastava says, "I don't think a lot about this."(so  similar jai-veeru) LOLLOLLOL

However, Satam is active on Facebook and Twitter and tries to keep track of online activities. SmileSmile  Even after playing the same character for 15 years, Satam says he isn't bored or exhausted. "Our show will run till God becomes tired of CID," LOLLOLLOL he says with a laugh.

And the cult grows...

There are more than ten Facebook pages on CID; one of them is exclusively devoted to Daya's slaps (Daya is pretty generous when it comes to slapping criminals on the show). ROFL  Shetty remains a particular favourite with kids.(i am 5 yr kid )LOLLOL

Remembers Delhi-based student Shantanu Argal, 25, "When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up and be like Daya as he was always this larger-than-life character."LOL

Seven-year-old Abhay Verma, who studies in Bombay Scottish School, is an ardent follower of the show. "I love detective serials and CID is my favourite. I love Daya because he's big and strong, and manages things properly," Big smileBig smileBig smilehe says.

Adds BP Singh, "We knew early on that kids love our show, which is why we've always been careful with the show's presentation."

Grown-up fans often find the show amusing but enjoyable. LOL  Says Urvashi Singh, a 29-year-old Mumbai-based lawyer, "It's predictable and the endings are always so stereotypical ' the suspect is always getting slapped in the end! It's quite funny actually. But it's entertaining." Her favourite character is Abhijeet as she finds him rather intense.(how she thinks like many of us here) LOLLOLLOL

In the show, the CID officers don't have surnames and there no focus on their personal lives. The show did try to focus briefly on personal plots, which included one where Satam shot his criminal son. "That episode was emotionally draining," recalls Satam. However, Shetty feels that the prime focus of CID is crime, and personal tracks don't merit a mention.(ahem ahem i will never 4get that episode WinkEmbarrassed)

Among the crew's most memorable episodes is one that was shot in a single take and lasted 111 minutes! It has found a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.ClapBig smile

It isn't that CID has enjoyed a smooth run all these years. As producer BP Singh says, "There were times we thought the show would go off the air." But it always survived.

While fans wait for the film, expected to go on the floors by the end of 2012, they will have to make do with watching the show, and hearing ACP Pradyuman's famous lines, "Teen khoon karne ke liye, ab tumhe sirf phaasi hogi, sirf phaasi!"LOLLOLLOL

p.s--i love the pic EmbarrassedEmbarrassed smile & the pose Day Dreaming touchwood its not the blue bhangaar shirt LOL...

scanned article

DII, Is Picture say Nazar Hatay aur Dil Bhar jayeyEmbarrassedDay DreamingHug
tou kuch aur Parhun na...   Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-purnima-monika21

gadhadada

Coolbie

gadhadada

Posted: 29 July 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged

ROFLROFL

Edited by gadhadada - 29 July 2012 at 1:13pm

-purnima-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top