Kkusum

Shilpa Saklani to play new Kkusum

anjali.nair thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Shilpa Saklani ( JJKN Arman's real wife) to play new Kkusum

In television, there is many a slip between the cup and the lip.

HitList reported last month that Nausheen Ali Sardar (who played the old Kkusum) would be back this month to replace Manasi Joshi Roy (the new Kkusum) in the Balaji serial by the same name.

Nausheen had even shot for top-secret promos on April 7, and was supposed to reappear as Kkusum from April 25.

She features in Star Plus's Kaalchakra, which airs every Friday night. But as Star was in no mood to release her from their contract; Kkusum will now be played by someone else.

Sources close to Ekta Kapoor say, "Nausheen is definitely not doing Kkusum. We couldn't wait for her any more. Star Plus was not releasing her from her contract; there were some technicalities involved."

Nausheen Ali Sardar
So who will be the next Kkusum? "We have approached Shilpa Saklani (who plays Ganga in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi) and she has agreed," reveals our source.

"Shilpa was almost finalised yesterday, but the legalities, like the signing of the contract, still have to be worked out. She will start shooting from today or tomorrow."

Says Saklani hesitantly, "Yes, I have been approached to play Kkusum, but I can't commit to anything right now. I am still trying to figure things out.

Everything is quite unpredictable at the moment. Would like to wait till we start shooting." The caution is to be expected, especially after the Nausheen fiasco.

But didn't Shilpa refuse the role once — is she OK with playing a mother to grown-up children?

"Not at all. I have no problems playing a mother. It's the main lead after all. I just want to work in a great atmosphere, with great people, get decent work and good money. And with Balaji, all that is there."

When contacted, Nausheen's response was a terse "No comments".

[email protected]

People who left Kkusum...

The serial has had a bizarre history of dropouts, from Rohit Roy to Nausheen Ali Sardar. The current Kkusum, Manasi Joshi Roy, is Rohit Roy's wife.

Rohit Roy (Abhay)
Stepped in, in place of Anuj Saxena when Nausheen was Kkusum. In 2003, Saxena had quit the show only to return again in a couple of months.

Nausheen Ali Sardar (Kkusum)
She quit in February last year. The reason: her unhappiness at playing mother to a grown-up daughter. Manasi Joshi Roy replaced her.

Narayani Shastri (Taashu)
Shastri, who played the vampish Taashu, was planning to quit the show. She said she found herself crowded with too many negative characters around. Ekta Kapoor asked her to hold on, promising a change of track.

Mouli Ganguly (Vidhi)
The latest to join the bandwagon opposite Trishul (Akashdeep Sehgal) — is said to be staying on.
Edited by bluepink - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jingle thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

shilpa doing trhe mother's role for two grown up girls!!!!!

kumud appears to be older to shilpa😛

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
how will that work out.........kumud does look older than shilpa saklani.....oh well.....we will just have to use our imagination...
HugabbleJaan thumbnail
Its at least good to know that someone finally will be playing titled role of Kkusum. 😃 My concerns is that how will show fan react to Shilpa playing Kksusum? If I am correct, it took long time for ppl to accept Manshi but who knows Manshi might come back to play Kkusum (hence - in one of her interview she had mentioned that she might be back)... Hmmm Kahani may twist hai 😉 Let see and watch together.... 😕
anjali.nair thumbnail

This Kkusum is way too young to play Kumud's mom. Both Aashka Goradia (Kumud) and Shilpa Saklani (New kkusum) are 23.😊

Know more about Shilpa Saklani

Date of birth: 5th June 1982

Zodiac sign: Gemini

Favourite colour: Red

Favourite food: Chinese

Favourite drink: Coke

Favourite actor: Hrithik Roshan

Favourite actress: Madhuri Dixit and Kajol

Favourite director: Hrishikesh Mukherjee

Favourite movie: Sholay

Favourite singer: Sonu Nigam

Dream book: Windmills of the God

Favourite author: Sidney Sheldon

Favourite perfume: Issey Miyake

Favourite designer: Hemant Trivedi

Favourite hangout in Mumbai: I.M.S.E., Colaba

Favourite pass time: Eating, sleeping & chatting with friends

Best thing about self: Her Hair

Worst thing about self: Her Nose

Loves: her dog (& and all dogs in general!)

Hates: Hypocrites

Favourite person: Her Mom

Looks up to: Her Dad

Would like to be marooned on an island with: Her family, her dog & her friends

Two things she never leaves home without: Her hairbrush and her deo

Message to all Mid-Daykars: Live life king size and treat it well and treat yourself well too coz "YOU" are important.
Deli thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She's only 22? 😳

Woah, she looks atleast 30+ 😳

ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
I dont like her portryaing the role of Kkusum...Nausheen was and will always be the BEST!👏
* ^ Princess ** thumbnail
Noo i wanted nausheen not her she is 🤢
kbs756 thumbnail

i just want kkusum to end quickly hopefully it will end very soon

SPECIAL thumbnail
Shilpa Saklani ( JJKN Arman's real wife) to play new Kkusum
😲