Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

kavyasam

IF-Rockerz

kavyasam

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Off late  there are some people who are relentlessly making  number of spam topics,  new topics with same title in the same forum , so many that they take up several pages of the forum leaving behind the valid topics. It is happening in various forums on IF,  making it a difficult for MODs and members.  All are newbies and the topics are made in the same day in the same forum and the time difference between the new topics is very short, about few minutes.  

example http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3055663,   there are two more threads made in just under 5 minutes. 

Generally when we post something in a topic we are not allowed to post immediately and get error message.  Can the same be applied to these newbies who are making these topics.  It may be harsh for genuine newbies but it is one way to control spamming, that newbies cannot make more than three topics per forum per day.  This will discourage them and spamming wont be more than thrice in a day and it is easy on members and mods too.  

Any other suggestions how this can be controlled.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanabaz786Magical_KaShmainepyarkiya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Spam topics in various froums on IF" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
great idea

there are loads of quite annoying spam topics in members lounge

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasam

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
Hey,
we have suggested a similar solution to Vijay about restricting newbies post to max 5 or 10 post per day until they reach next ladder to reduce the spam. Lets wait and see:)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasambaz786snowflake.mainepyarkiya

kavyasam

IF-Rockerz

kavyasam

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

Hey,
we have suggested a similar solution to Vijay about restricting newbies post to max 5 or 10 post per day until they reach next ladder to reduce the spam. Lets wait and see:)

thank u :). but I am not talking about posts, I am saying they should be restricted to making 3 or 4 topics per forum per day . like in Satyamev Jayate forum one spammer made more than 20 - 30 new Topics(threads) with the same title on the same day. Similar case with another forum. 

Posts dont bother much since they will stay inside a topic, but spam topics are annoying and are a big headache to the mod and the members.

mainepyarkiya

kavyasam

IF-Rockerz

kavyasam

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by baz786

great idea

there are loads of quite annoying spam topics in members lounge

thx.  it is very annoying,  even today the same spammer made 4 more topics with the same title, looks like they dont get tired

baz786

mainepyarkiya

IF-Stunnerz

mainepyarkiya

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
I agree.

Telly Nag---'s wafadaar dogs are SO ANNOYING.

and OMG, Look at Celebrity Chat Club page 2... Dead

I think, newbies shouldn't be allowed to make ANY TOPIC at all.

Edited by V.I.P - 25 June 2012 at 9:53pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasambaz786Tony_StraK786

-Mentor-

IF-Rockerz

-Mentor-

Posted: 26 June 2012 at 3:07am | IP Logged
Great idea. I agree newbies should be restricted to 5-10 posts per day.

kavyasam

kavyasam

IF-Rockerz

kavyasam

Posted: 26 June 2012 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by V.I.P

I agree.

Telly Nag---'s wafadaar dogs are SO ANNOYING.

and OMG, Look at Celebrity Chat Club page 2... Dead

I think, newbies shouldn't be allowed to make ANY TOPIC at all.

the spam topics I mentioned are not made by any fans but by some people who just want to cause trouble.  ex.the thread I mentioned in first post was made by @deeto14  he/she has many ids deeto+some number, and keeps making topics with titles 'watch live streaming of '+show name, so on.  and one sunday in SMJ forum there were 6 pages of same threads.  no idea what psycotic pleasure is achieved by this. 

newbies maarenge if they are restricted to not making any topic at all LOL,  that is not fair also Embarrassed

mainepyarkiya

Post Reply New Post

Go to top