Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 9:47pm | IP Logged

How does it feel playing a cop in C.I.D. Special Bureau?
I was very excited when I was offered the role. I have always read a lot of murder mysteries even as a kid. Like most girls, I was completely into Nancy Drew and Agatha Christie. I even enjoyed watching all the detective serials and thrillers on television. I often wondered what it must be like to solve cases. When I was being considered for the show, they asked me why I was so keen on doing it. When I told them the reason they felt I was apt for the role. The entire team is fabulous, it's a great honour to be working with them. The serial has got me a lot of recognition.

A little about your role in the serial.
I am playing Jasmine, a criminal psychologist. On this show, we solve all the unsolved cases on C.I.D. They are mainly cases that have been pending since seven years. We go into deep investigation. Like Shivaji Satam is the main ACP in C.I.D., our main ACP is Anup Soni. I joined the show in February.

This must be a change from your other screen characters!
Jasmine is a criminal psychologist. So she has to be the rough tough sort. Obviously, she can't be the demure and quiet sort (laughs). It is definitely different from my previous role in Aati Rahegi Baharein, where I was the sacrificing and melodramatic sort. She believed in sacrificing and working selflessly for her family.

Which of your screen characters do you relate to the most?
All of them, in a way. I've been through them at various phases of my life, so somewhere I could relate to them. I was still in college when I was offered the role of Neena Gupta's daughter in Saans. Her character was bubbly and the very teeny bopper sorts. In the serial, her mother tells her that you are my friend now. Even in real life, my mom is my best friend. I'm also very family oriented like my character in Aati Rahegi Baharein was. But of course, I'm not that sacrificing. I also raise a point and argue when I don't believe in something rather than just blindly do what I am told to. Although I'm not the rough tough sort in real life, I do project myself as someone who cannot be taken for granted.

Which of the characters have you enjoyed playing the most?
All of them. They were all so different from each other. It was challenging playing the obsessive lover in Des Mein Nikhla Hoga Chand.

Any dream role?
Madhuri's role in Mrityudand and Devdas. I'm a complete Madhuri fan. I would also love to do Rekha's role in Umrao Jaan. There are no dream roles as far as TV serials are concerned. Although the characters differ, in a way, they are all the same. It's so boring to keep crying all the time.

Wouldn't you love to do the typical 'saans-bahu' serials?
Of course, I would love to. It would be fun playing a demure girl especially after Jasmine of C.I.D. Special Bureau.

Would you expose on screen?
nNo! If you are talking about swimming costumes and cleavage, then it is a big - no no - for me! I guess a bit of cleavage is okay as long as I'm comfortable doing it. But no micro minis too.

How about films?
I would love to. It would be nice to do something that's a mix of commercial and art.

Do you believe in approaching people for work?
Yeah. Why not? Today, there are so many actors, channels and serials. People tend to get confused even after watching you many times. I think it's alright to approach people for work. I have approached very few film producers, but keep in touch with all the people I've worked with on television. It is so important to maintain one's PR in the industry. One has to keep reminding people that you are still around. Otherwise, they tend to forget you.

How would you like to see yourself a few years from now?
I think I should be settled by then. But I will still be working. I want to be remembered for my good work. Hopefully, besides TV serials, I should also be doing films. I cannot imagine myself not acting. Maybe, later I will diversify into another area in the same field. One doesn't know where life leads us.

Edited by bluepink - 03 May 2005 at 12:02am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "CID Girl COP (Jasmine)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
thanks . whats this actresses name?

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Her real name is Sushmita Daan. She played Kanwaljeet and Neena Gupta's daughter in a program called 'Saans' which used to air on Star plus some years back.

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Oh yeah right I do remember her. Thanks it has been a while. She was a kid then but her face is the same.

beauty_angel

beauty_angel

Posted: 15 May 2005 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Wow. COOL!!!

jazmine

IF-Dazzler

jazmine

Posted: 15 May 2005 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
Cool, thanks for sharing!!

ketu

ketu

Posted: 07 June 2005 at 8:36am | IP Logged
THATS NICE!!! I LIKE JASMINE SO MUCH . I AM BIG FAN OF HER. THANKS FOR SHARINGClap

mystic_mishti

Groupbie

mystic_mishti

Posted: 26 January 2006 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Hey.....I didnt knw abt this article on SUSHMITA DAAN(Jasmine) till i read it today......THnx for puttin it up.........

Post Reply New Post

Go to top