Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jyoti_2006 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Peaches, sometimes I feel you are the insider for T and D who is always defending them (Just kidding)

Also yes, there are times when we complain and critisize a lot but thats only because we love this show so much. And with one year extension, they are going to invite a lot of illogical things that wont add up. We all know this is just a show. But it used to make a lot of sense before when the story was simple.

KiRaN_K thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jassidevi

Peaches, sometimes I feel you are the insider for T and D who is always defending them (Just kidding)

Also yes, there are times when we complain and critisize a lot but thats only because we love this show so much. And with one year extension, they are going to invite a lot of illogical things that wont add up. We all know this is just a show. But it used to make a lot of sense before when the story was simple.

i agree with JD👏..took my words out of my mouth..hehe

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hi Guys!!!

JD that was funny....I do defend the show a lot, don't I.  No I'm not Mona Singh's agent or T&D's agent.  Well now that I think about it may be I should send them a copy of my response on IF and have them pay be for promoting and defending the show....  

My main reason for siding with keeping the show on air is because I haven't been drawn to an Indian soap since Astitva.  Think about it, both are so different than the average show.

I only used to watch the American programs, but these two shows seem to catch my attention.

Even in Astitva i find so many mistakes, but that doesn't mean that I will start complaining about the smallest thing.....no, nor will I wish that it be taken off air, or call the director stupid.  That's a harsh comment to make.  Not to mention it's so mean to complain about Jessica's looks which is technically Mona Singh's looks.

I love having debates on issues such as..."was Jassi's decision to become a model valid" "Who is better for Jassi...Armaan or Purab".  Things like that force people to think and use reason and logic.....and ofcourse at the very end it's always someone's opinion on the subject matter.

But in this case, about Jessica having an ice-cream....I mean is this is even worth discussing?  I know that we are all intelligent people here, but does discussing this topic do any justice to our intellectual capabilities ?

JJKN was never made with the intentions that people will overanalyze the smallest details of the show.  So why would anyone even attempt to complain about these minor bloopers.

You said that people love JJKN, but don't you think this is an odd way of showing their love for the show, by complaining about and whishing it would end soon.  We have to wait to see the whole show to see what happens before we decide anything and draw any conclusions about it, it's only fair.  Not to mention that everything in this show has been shown for the first time.  None of the drama sequences and issues have been repeated.  Issues such as the love affair, love triangle, revenge sequence, family love and hate, friendship, cheating, and professional matters have been brought out only once.  I don't think that the director has been forced to create senseless conflicts just to bye time.  I feel the story has been moving along the way it should be. 

I love the show and that's why I defend it.  That doesn't mean that I don't think about what I watch, I do.  I enjoy debating about a lot of different issue out in this world.  If you asked me to do some creative thinking, I can do that very well, but it has to be a worth while subject matter.

Lastly people think that T&D will alter or edit the show based on our complaints and criticisms, I highly doubt it.  Not to mention we are the one that are "foolish" because we waited our time wondering why the show is this way, when the only thing that motivates T&D is the money their making.

Jyoti_2006 thumbnail

Not to worry peaches..I was just kidding.. I was exactly like you always defending t and D all the time, i really loved this show....JJKN has been on a roller coaster ride since last yea

I appreciate them, the way they tactfully brought the story back on track after the major deviation and the lousy exit they gave Purab last year... 

Purab fans were pissed off because of the ridiculous exit they gave him and Armaan fans where furious as how his character was butchered and mutilated badly... end result TRPS were suffered badly..

I totally understand them why they are experimenting a long running successful show.... They just want the viewers to keep guessing.. but sometimes in doing this the characters get badly butchered...And then the uniqueness of the show is lost.

Its a curse to all Indian serials.. They start off really good.. they dont know when to end it... they just try to drag it endlessly and thats the time it loses its charm... I am just scared they dont do the same mistake like other serial makers in the greed to extend it for one year... 

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jassidevi

Not to worry peaches..I was just kidding.. I was exactly like you always defending t and D all the time, i really loved this show....JJKN has been on a roller coaster ride since last yea

I appreciate them, the way they tactfully brought the story back on track after the major deviation and the lousy exit they gave Purab last year... 

Purab fans were pissed off because of the ridiculous exit they gave him and Armaan fans where furious as how his character was butchered and mutilated badly... end result TRPS were suffered badly..

I totally understand them why they are experimenting a long running successful show.... They just want the viewers to keep guessing.. but sometimes in doing this the characters get badly butchered...And then the uniqueness of the show is lost.

Its a curse to all Indian serials.. They start off really good.. they dont know when to end it... they just try to drag it endlessly and thats the time it loses its charm... I am just scared they dont do the same mistake like other serial makers in the greed to extend it for one year... 

Very true JD, and I agree with your points.  But right now I'm so excited to see the outcome of the show and I actually look forward to the show every night.  This has been the case for me since the last few weeks and I hope the anticipation doesn't stop.

In that respect I have to thank T&D and I think most people will agree with me that in the past few weeks the show has been packed with some excitement.

Well whatever the case is I won't get to crazy about defending T&D, unless ofcourse they pay me.😆😆

Thanks

lilhenna thumbnail
Jassi ate ice cream with Armaan, because she's head over heels for him.  How can she say no to him?  😳
punjabiprincess thumbnail
Maybe it was diet ice-cream!😆
spike thumbnail

Originally posted by: peaches

I don't think this is blooper.  You have to think deeper than that.  This only brings to light the very fact that Jassi is still exists within Jessica.

This only proves that she never wanted to become a great and perfect model, it wasn't her professional ambition.  It was just part of a bigger plan.

I think very small detail make so much sense and clearly tells the viewers that Jassi would drop all her rules and regimins to savor her special moments with her true love.

I think before we start complaining about something, or calling the directors names, let's look at it in the bigger picture.  It's about not takeing things at face value. 

Thanks

You know peaches, when jassi was being transformed, she did tell purab that she wanted to be so beautiful that everyone wud only watch her, and other stuff....i remember that. And then she put everything of jassi's into the river or pond to remove every sign of jassi from her, atleast until she completed her mission. Till then jassi was not supposed to surface. True, the modeling was just a part of a bigger picture.

I didn't make that remark just by watching one scene. When i make a statement, I make it by looking at all facts. Jessica was ordered to strictly follow some rules and she is shown breaking them. Ofcourse here i do question TnD because they first showed something, and then just contradicted what they showed. And this hasn't happened just once.

But the one thing i do not agree with is:

I think very small detail make so much sense and clearly tells the viewers that Jassi would drop all her rules and regimins to savor her special moments with her true love.

Jassi had not dropped her walls to savor the moment with her romance, if u watch closely. It was a clear case of contradiction, and i pointed it out. When ppl can spot even the tiniest bloopers in ur act, they know where you have gone wrong.

spike thumbnail

Originally posted by: smita24

Armu khilayga to wo poison bhi kha legi. phir yeh to ice cream hai 😆

Hey smita, who do you think paid the bill for the ice-cream? 😆

spike thumbnail

Peaches,

If we hadn't liked the show do you think we'd have taken the pain to write about it?

JJKN was never made with the intentions that people will overanalyze the smallest details of the show.  So why would anyone even attempt to complain about these minor bloopers.

You said that people love JJKN, but don't you think this is an odd way of showing their love for the show, by complaining about and whishing it would end soon. 

No show is made with the intentions of being overanalyzed. Ppl do it because they want to point it out to anyone who's listening. As viewers, i think we have the right to praise a show if it's worthy, or critisize it if it's not. Some ppl wish for the show to end because perhaps they think that dragging the show for another year will make it like the other shows on TV, like i do. That's their opinion. It's not necessary that TnD have to rectify themselves based on our views, cuz frankly, as you pointed out, they're more interested in making money. But then this forum is here so we can discuss our views with different people. And so, that is what we do, may the topic seem worthless to someone or not.

Most of the time, my mom shouts at me or curses me for not doing my work properly or not helping her or just not being obedient. That doesn't mean she doesn't love me. She credits me when i do something right, and she points out my mistakes to me when she thinks i'm not doing something right.

Perhaps the comparision is a bit unequal but the basic points are there. We all care about the show, enuff to talk about it or discuss it, and we all state our views.

Ofcourse we credit TnD for bringing a show that in the beginning refreshed our minds and relieved us of ridiculous kekta serials and their nonsenses. But that doesn't mean that we as viewers can't or shudn't state our views about the show or where it is heading, about the characters (and NOT the actors) and the entire team of the show.