Fan Fictions

SS|ArHi|The Winning Hand|LastCh/Pg83|CompleteStory

InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

its not the most perfect love story out there, but its their story.

they were not the star crossed lovers, neither were they the meant to be's, but what they were ..was two people stuck in a lifeless marriage. He hated her for being his wife, she hated him for being her husband yet against all odd's fate had brought them together. will fate win or hatred?

''i will make her life a living hell''

''i will get myself out of this marriage''

I'm very inconsistent with updates but i do update when i get time. If you give me a chance i would love to take you on this beautiful journey.Okay since many have forgotten this story itself, i am posting it again. I have written out three parts already. Will post them in a day's time. If you want to follow this story, comment on this thread.

Index
Ch1 - Pg 1
Ch2 - Pg 6
Ch3 - Pg 11

Ch4 - Pg 17
Ch5 - Pg24
CH6 - Pg32
Ch7 - Pg38

Ch8 - Pg46
Ch9 - Pg53

Ch10 - Pg60
Ch11 - Pg67
Ch12 - Pg75

LastCh - Pg83
shiz

Please press the like button to receive a pm or comment. Would love to know your thoughts.
Edited by InvisibleSmile - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Chapter 1 - the heart knows

they say, time is a constant reminder of what we have gained over the years, or might have lost, but what do you do when it reminded you of the monotonous life you have been stuck in . What if you can't move against or come to terms? how does one live such a life, where all you could do was breathe but just for the sake of living, smile but just for the sake of the strangers, be in love but just for the eyes of others, within the four white washed walls, they were as equivalent to two mere strangers who walk by each other and don't even recall each others existence.

Yes that was Khushi Gupta, now Khushi Raizada's, life. Oh, how she cringed whenever the realization of being connected to the one man whose existence she regretted coming across. But that was beside's the point,  now she was stuck in this marriage to the egotistic heartless Arnav Singh Raizada, know as ASR for many. How did one even begin to describe this man, he was an enigma within enigma itself - his turbulent moods were just one of the hundred things khushi could list that went beyond her understanding, and she was a reasonable girl when it came to understanding a person.

But here was this man, a man who was her husband and in the past 10 months of living with him, she was still incapable of understanding him or was she just not trying hard? One could blame her, you know the saying, it takes two to tango - well she was not the perfect wife either. She tried hard not to be, because the truth was she didn't want to be.  Yes, she wanted an escape from this marriage, even though the odds were against her, she wished and prayed for a miracle. If a god was out there listening to her pleads,she was sure one day she would be freed of this marriage. Marriage? the word itself sounded like some bad joke to khushi, a girl who dreamed of a life with husband and kids now lamented herself for ever wishing she'd get married. Maybe because this marriage was not the marriage she'd dreamed of?  Like every other girl out there, she wanted a loving husband and beautiful house by the seaside, where every morning she would walk out to the terrace and spread her arms wide with glee whilst the man she loved would wrap his arms around her and wish her good morning. And her kids, her angels would run up and tangle themselves on her legs, prompting the whereabouts of breakfast.Yes now that was a marriage a commitment, a bond of a lifetime.

noise sparked her thoughts, but she still blissfully sway in her perfect dream.That was the life she wanted, needed, why couldn't she get her happily ever after ...

''KHUSHIIII'' his voice echoed off the walls of their room, shivers ran through her body as she jolted out of her thoughts and looked into those glittering eyes for a second before they were replaced with hatred and angst, where were the emotions? why did he seem like he held all of the worlds pain in one second and the other, he seemed to repress her existence.

injured fairy, yes thats how she had seemed to him the moment he had walked into their room. Afar in her own dream world, battling her thoughts, emotions which were swirling within her, and his want to fix her increased as much as he tried to restrain it. it was a dangerous field when the person on the other side was khushi. She was easily finding her way into his locked away vaults and he had no defense against her. But he was no old player, he knew the game inside out and wasn't helpless to fall for that one moment of weakness. He knew there was much more to a women, and their was definitely more to Khushi, his wife. She may have seemed broken for a moment but he had lived with her long enough to know she wasn't weak and neither was she injured in anyway. Instead she was a fighter, she might have been forced into this marriage but she was clear about her path and that it lead no where to him.

steering clear of the thoughts relating to khushi, he loosened his tie''what the hell is wrong with you?'' he growled throwing his briefcase on the bed, '' do you know you left the front door open''

forcing her anger back, khushi got up'' maybe i was waiting for someone'' she flicked a grin before turning away and heading towards the bed '' whats the big deal? there are guards outside!''

before she could take a plow herself on the big comfy bed, she was being held by the arm and pulled against his hard chest, '' you listen to me,and you listen good''

cocking her chin, she challenged with her eyes, well he was not one to back down and starred right back into those big brown eyes '' this is my house!''

''did i say it was m...''

''don't'' he silenced her before she could continue'' khushi I'm tolerating you it does not mean i will let you do whatever you want''

struggling within his grip, khushi smiled '' well its always romantic to know a husband is tolerating his wife'' pausing she shuffled her gaze towards the wall before sighing '' don't worry honey, I'm tolerating you also''

''and you will till your last breath'' he pushed her away and running his hand through his hair, headed out of the room mumbling words to himself, which to khushi sounded like his usual rant, the what the's, dammit's, how dare she?, i hate her -even without realizing it she had grown accustomed to his puzzling behavior.

He swiftly walked down the spiral stairs and settled himself on the couch, what was he going to do? ten months and she was still adamant. He had to win, she had to leave his life, there was just no place for a women in his life, there couldn't be. It was all planned out, the marriage was a ploy and he had been certain at one point she would leave, but she hadn't. And it was starting to worry him, was he actually growing accustomed to her? Was his hate for her becoming a lifeline for him? No, this women needed to leave, he had to do whatever it took. Khushi had to leave, there was just no making sense of her - she rebelled, fought, hated yet she stayed.

when he had agreed to marry her as his darling sister's wish, he had reasoned out the possibilities that she would stay. And now she was, what was he to do?

hearing those soft whispers of footsteps on the stairs, arnav closed his eyes and clenched his fist. whenever she was around his well placed thoughts went flying everywhere, and that was not good in his dictionary. Khushi was a dangerous women to his being, yet he found himself propelling in her direction. Why?

''there's dinner on the table'' she spoke loud enough for him to hear, '' should i warm it?''

'''no i ate'' getting up, his phone rang, he found himself grinning in a split second. Maybe there was a way after all? it was devious thought, but it was bound to work. right?

''Tina, how are you?''  he asked out aloud hoping would hear, '' tonight? no of course i'm not doing anything, lets meet up'' pausing he struck a glance at the clock'' 10 is fine'' satisfied with his plan, arnav hung up the phone turning to khushi but found her nowhere.

''oh darling'' khushi called out from the stairs, arnav looked up and anger spit from his eyes, '' enjoy yourself with Tina'' after giving a flying kiss khushi head upstairs.

damn this women! catching himself before he threw his phone on to the floor, arnav regained his control. He walked to the front door and thought of smashing the door loudly but realized it would only giver her the satisfaction that she had actually messed with his mind. Shaking his head, arnav closed the door lightly and headed towards his car.

snuggling inside the cover, khushi smiled with pride. Arnav had thought she would be jealous, infact she was happy, rather someone else than her. But was she really happy? Yes, of course, she was right. She had to be, her being depended on hating Arnav. Could anyone love a man who proclaimed his hatred of her being and his angst in which she would burn in after marriage. Of course she couldn't, and she had every right. She might have agreed to this marriage but could never come to terms with arnav being her husband. It was just that thought, it was just so repulsive but it was true against everything, she was still his wife.

It was an ungrateful night when she took him to be her life partner. Khushi could still very well remember that day so clearly, the rush, the anger, the betrayal, the nervousness...and now there was nothingness.

Khushi hadn't realized when she dozed off, but when she turned to the other side she found arnav beside her sleeping soundly. A satisfied smile played on her lips unknown to her, as her eyes lids dropped slowly slowly ...at the end of the day he still came back to her.

Khushi might have been unknown but her heart was already grown fond of this beast of a husband, his existence completed her. When would she realize that ...only time would tell?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her eyes fluttered open just as soon as he entered the washroom, it was a normal routine for the duo. Arnav would wake up first and than khushi, than arnav would leave and khushi would follow. Life had become so use to and old that they really didn't expect something out of the ordinary or maybe rather they had come to understand even through hatred they held for each other.

an hour later khushi was buttering her toast rapidly whilst repeating to the maid about the dinner party tonight and how she could have the day off. A day off was what khushi needed from this life. Ignoring the useless thoughts, she grabbed her purse and joined arnav on the passenger seat, and without uttering a word he drove away.

Arnav first dropped her to her office and than headed for his own,Khushi starred off as he drove away. It was something she did everyday. Maybe one day she could be the one walking away?

useless khushi, stop dreaming! her own reflection taunted her, shattering away any hope for a brighter future. She stomped into her office and slouched on the chair turning around she faced the window. The whole mumbai could  be seen from her window, okay not whole but part of it. People were scattered everywhere,life was everywhere, oh how she envied those strangers.

hearing the knock khushi spun 190 degrees and smiled gesturing the person to enter, '' Anju di '' squealing khushi ran to anjali's side and pulled her into a hug '' what are you doing here? wait forget that, how are you? how is Jai jeeju? How is the whole family?''

''hmm lets see i came to surprise you and  I'm fine, so is jai, and the whole family also they miss you and arnav'' hearing arnav's name khushi frowned but fixed it before anjali could see.

''i miss them also'' separating from anjali, '' i wish i could go and visit them'' groaning at her own self-pity khushi sat down alongside anjali.

''don't you want to know about my surprise?'' anjali asked hoping to lift khushi's spirits.

''not if you have a 100 people willing to stampede all over me'' catching anjali's horrified expression, khushi smiled trying to rectify her words, '' i'm sorry i'm being rude'' looking away khushi walked over to her desk, '' whats your big surprise?''

anjali held up a envelope, '' guess?''

''tickets to see Don 2?'' khushi giggled...

''no its a little bigger than that''

''okay tickets to some play arnav likes'' pausing she flicked a glance at anjali'' anju di not to be rude but how did arnav end up liking something like the theater? he seems to display one emotion and thats anger as if the whole world is against him...''

anjali smiled '' sometimes we hide ourselves because we fear that if we left our true selves out we won't be accepted''

puzzled khushi raised a eyebrow'' what does ASR fear, except maybe his di?''

laughing anjali shook her head'' if you have to ask, you don't deserve to know'' avoiding the topic anjali placed the envelope in khushi's hand, '' you both leave on the 20th thats two weeks from now''

''leave? where?''

''honeymoon'' anjali gleamed.

No, No, if you didn't think about it , it wouldn't happen.Khushi closed her eyes and thought of happy things; her parents, her college days, her friends...anything except for that husband of hers, but he seemed to make his way into her thoughts anyhow.

so its really happening?
she said to herself sadly, while her gaze lingered on the envelope. She was really going to have to spend a week locked in a room with her husband, where some women would have obviously been happy, Khushi was ruing the bitter day Arnav Singh Raizada entered her life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''khushi are you ready?'' he knocked on the door once again hoping she would open the door, but he heard no response, '' KHUSHI! OPEN THE DOOR'' he said loudly and authoritatively figuring it might do the trick but still all he heard was silence

He was yet again about to pound on the door, when he saw the maid handed him a letter,

went out with friends, sorry can't make your friends dinner tonight

the paper crumbled in his as he closed his fist in anger, she was not making it easy. Something had to be done, she had to go. But how, how did one get rid of Khushi. His hatred didn't work nor did anything else he tried.

Sitting by the seaside, Khushi let the wind play with her hair, as she grimaced about her life. A sad sigh released from her and she shuddered when a drop of water struck her cheek, sliding down slowly while khushi did nothing except maybe ignore it. The droplet somewhat reminded her of Arnav, he was stuck to her and in a way slowly slowly affecting her. The affects might have not been so huge but she could feel herself wonder, how did she end up here? Her path was not meant to meet with arnav yet it had.

hours passed just sitting along the rocks lost in her thoughts, that when her phone rang she stood up abruptly ready to smack any idiot who tried to get free of her. She smiled in the absurd and flicked open her cellphone '' yes this is Mrs. Raizada''

Pre - cap - Best laid Plans. Edited by InvisibleSmile - 11 years ago
thebluewhale thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
first one here i guess :)

i love the concept of the story...would really love t read more. so please dont discontinue.
winter.03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Reserved. I still haven't gotten to read this story yet and you changed the threads!😵
anyway, will read it soon.

EDITED

so both are stuck in a lifeless marriage from the looks of it. But still they stick to their grounds and tease each other inevitably😆, the feelings are there to erupt :P Aww i loved when Arnav came back and Khushi blinked with reassurance that end the of the day he comes to her😳 Beautifulll.

Hmm honeymoon tickets.Wonder what will conspire now, to avoid those!

wonderful update.
Edited by iwilldare - 11 years ago
-Grace- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
res
edited:

first of all extremely sorry for editing my spot after soo long!
but i i finally read the first part (ok i know i still have 5 more parts and by the time i read them you will probably have 3-4 more chapters😆) but hey! its better than nothing right? iatleast started hehe

so now the update i love how they hate each other and not b/c of shyam or anything but they just dont like each other lol having anjali living at her own house with her own family is brilliant! love the concept!😆

and also loving this side of khushi, love love love how she rebels! and Arnav just hates how his powers are useless infront of her lol

the update was long and i loved that it was, it was a good idea that khushi works and at her own office not with Arnav and i chuckled when he got the note lmao last minute haha

thanks for all those PMs you have been sending me about the updates and no they dont bug me infact i like that you think im important enough to get those PMs (and im saying all this cus i mean it..really)
and here's something for you:

i hope you know why im giving you this😳
and keep sending me PMs about updates
Thanks!
Edited by -Grace- - 11 years ago
Deedeepa1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
wow cool awesomeee
thanks for the pm
winter.03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
wait, will be posting the other parts soon? Like today
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
Originally posted by: iwilldare

wait, will be posting the other parts soon? Like today

Nooo, not that soon. Probably later at night :D
thebluewhale thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: InvisibleSmile

Nooo, not that soon. Probably later at night :D

can we bribe you into posting the second part? :)
InvisibleSmile thumbnail
^^i only work for chocolate and that too the swiss kind!😆