Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sunna_Deewani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Maybe you are right. Its just that i have not even seen any widow falling in love type serial also till now. I don't know how they show the process. 

For me the confession scene on Thu was a relief to my constant confusion if she really loves him like everyone says or not. Though many of her actions could be interpreted as love, in some scenes and in some dialogues i just could not see any love, which confused me. So all i wanted was a clarification from megha herself. 

I loved megha in Thursday episode only in the rejection scene and since the confession to me was a relief from my confusion only, i couldn't connect to it much nor to her confession y'day(Friday Episode), even though i liked the scene before that in the Tose naina laga song sequence. 

I feel something like this should have been shown earlier too - some unconscious smile etc(there was some scenes recently after the mohan's dinner at Vyas house). But some of her self talks and her vehement denial even in her lone talks confused me. Maybe she was trying to lie to herself also. She acted to herself so much, that i got confused πŸ˜†whether she loves him or not.  

Since they are showing Megha's thought process more clearly now, I feel a little better now, 

I cried with Megha in so many scenes in the Initial period of the show too, but somewhere down the line i lost the connect with her character and it is still to be remade. Since i feel a lot better about her from the Thursday episode, maybe i will soon reach thereπŸ˜ƒ. 

_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Fari dii! Come and let me give you a tight sisterly hug! πŸ€— Seriously I love you so much for making this post. It was so much needed.

Agreeing with each and every word of yours. I don't understand why people expect to watch the individual journey of love of Mohan and Megha in the same way, whereas, their situations and the way of living is so damn different. 

Anyways, this is my take on Megha's process of falling in love with Mohan, which I had posted in another thread...

[quote]
When Megha stepped forward as Mohan's wife because she couldn't tolerate someone insulting him, she thought she was doing it for a friend. She enjoyed those days with him, in spite of getting worried about the consequences because subconsciously she started liking him (not love, of course), appreciating his principles and the way he is (during Rashmi track, Megha began to know Mohan more than before as Rashmi talked quite a lot about him in the supermarket). We know it because she herself confessed that he is a good and amazing human being.

At the end, she made a fail attempt of uniting him with his ex because - she cared for him and his happiness & also cause the period of her denial of her newly evolved feelings was started without her realization.

Lots of occurrences took place later on and whatever Megha did (accepting that she trusted Mohan the most after Amar, breaking down on thinking that he betrayed her, running to stop him, secretly gazing him from behind the wall with a nervous look, thinking of him 24/7 even though she didn't want to, getting tensed for him, crying for him, missing him and most importantly going away from him for his better) was her journey during which her liking for Mohan turned LOVE.

In short, sab kuch toh pehele hi ho chuka tha, aaj bas ehsaas hua hai.[/quote]

Adding more... I never expected Megha's journey to be shown like Mohan and this is what happened. Her realization of love was COMPLETELY NATURAL. When the feeling of loosing Mohan struck her first time after the gunshot, she felt the difference in her and after the second time it happened, she understood the difference and accepted it with all her heart. 😍

Aur kya bolu? Haan... I find Meghan's love journey very BEAUTIFUL and the MOST NATURAL, comparing to all other Telly love stories. They fell for each other in different good and bad situations and also by regular interactions. It's not that ki ek din hawaa chali, aakhe bandh kia aur ehsaas hua ki pyaar hai. πŸ˜†

That's all for now. Will surely drop in if I remember anything more. :-)
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Sorry for spamming but I'm STILL in a hangover of this shot-

Aakhir mein pyaar mein mausam mein bheeg hi gayi Mohan ki Megha! 😍 😍 Jiji's words about pyaar ka mausam echoed in my mind when I was watching this...

Damn she is so simple yet stunningly beautiful! 😍

Edited by -Bidzie- - 11 years ago
-Deb- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Amisha.Laher

well dear you are megha's heart πŸ˜ well explained about megha.πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ like mohan said ye waali thodi different hai...and mohan ko sab different aur impossible ceeze hi pasand haiπŸ˜‰ maan na padega mohan ko..Aakhir friend kiska hai ? meraπŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
you are megha's heart that not means you are free to go with mohan🀣🀣

Are friend to tera hai.. Par Bhai toh Mera hai naaπŸ˜†

Aur jahan tak  bhabi ki baat hai... Megha toh hai hi different...😳 😳 😳
😳

suji01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome post FariπŸ‘πŸ‘

Let me be honest that until i read your post, even i was confused about Megha's changing feelings

Now I am convinced about Megha's love

Thank you for clearing my doubt

Edited by suj01 - 11 years ago
-Deb- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@ Bidzie: same here... she looks really beautiful..simple n precious...
sia1976 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Fari...I bow to thee !!!!! My last article was also on Megha and her dilemma but even then I was unable to word it so sensitively and beautifully.

U have captured every nuance of Megha's character and have left me speechless. I went through her pain and anguish all over again as I read word by word, line by line. I suddenly felt a lump in my throat and once again found myself teary eyed.

Our varied experiences in life makes each one of us see and interpret a situation differently. Hence we relate and react to them differently. Yesterday i for one was able to connect with megha's desire, pain, anguish and helplessness thru aakanksha;s performance.

Its really very unfortunate that as women we fail to understand and relate to Megha's character in totality.

No one can understand and empathise with Megha unless one chooses to put oneself in her shoes. Been there done that, hence was happy with the way Megha's character evolved in the last few days. 

But I would again like to mention this very strongly that the medium of art is highly subjective. What appeals to one may fail to move the other and vice versa. But amidst all the differences whats common is our love for NBT which makes each one of us see n analyse things differently. 

Edited by sia1976 - 11 years ago
girish674 thumbnail
fari, well i would this is the best post about megha , you have dissected and summarised her character in a masterful way, great writing skills, i wait for your enlightening posts
shourie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fari-

Ok I have been watching many here who are dissatisfied, downright ridiculing the CVs for showing Megha's confession out of the blue, terming it to be illogical, without any continuity, out of sync with the character of Megha, when just last week she herself was debating on this and unable to come up with any answer as to what exactly is Mohan to her. She clearly found new emotions burgeoning in her heart when Mohan got shot and she took him to hospital.

Let me tell you firstly, Megha is a character, who has never been understood totally by everyone.All who watch the show, can connect instantly with all characters, even a suffocating and rare breed like Indu, 🀣but never Megha. There is always a *?* with her name, her dialogues, her reactions in any situation, her strategy of handling any situation. Now why is that?? You know one's understanding goes hand in hand with the kind of perspective one chooses to possess. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

One of NBT's tagline has always been "slice of life" experience. Now however much the PH say that they are trying to treat it not essentially as a widow's love story but at the end of the day, Megha, the character, female protagonist here, is a widow and nothing can change that. In reality, if you ever choose a subject to get yourself acquainted with, you always try to do a bit of research on it and keep an open mind, so as to absorb all the things that are new to you. Absolutely right Fari πŸ‘ 
This way your effort in understanding that subject is visible. Sadly this is not the case here.

Have you ever really understood that Megha is a widow? and that it was widow's falling in love that we are supposed to be witnessing in NBT? I love the way CVs have shown her journey, culminating in her self-confession yesterday, it wasn't at all a sudden, disjointed or disconnected process for me. Have you ever in real life, asked a re-married widow, about her 2nd love??  I agree that one is bound to be confused by a widow's sentiments because obviously not everyone knows one in real life, and that too, such a one who has experienced falling in love after the death of her first love. But at least first make some effort to understand it before blaming it all on the CVs.

For a widow, falling in love is very very different. For she has only ever  loved one person in her whole life (other than family members and friends). Naturally, she thinks that falling in love happens only once in a lifetime, her's was with Amar and now it's gone. That love was for 11-12 years. When Mohan came along to her, Megha started feeling different. It was the doing of love, that spark between them, which though brought about many fights, sometimes heartache and sometimes anger, but all of that kept bringing them closer still. I agree with you completely...they were meant to be together...it was fate πŸ˜Š

Megha's falling in love has been so subtle because she's a widow. She wasn't  able to realize that she was falling in LOVE because her experience of it must have been different the first time. It felt different to her, didn't feel the same because :

She  wasn't feeling that "if I don't see him today I think I'll die" emotion.

She wasn't feeling that she was falling more in love each day.

She wasn't feeling that "my heart would burst from how much love I have for him"

She didn't wake up each morning almost counting the hours until she'd  be with Mohan again.

Usually this is what happens when teenagers fall in love and Megha was a teenager when she fell in love the first time. So obviously it's natural for her to wonder, question herself, her feelings, not confess it to Mohan because obviously she was afraid that, though she likes him a lot, he's become most important to her,πŸ‘ but still if it's not love from her side then why destroy his future happiness, knowing that she won't be able to give him the love he deserves.

It was painful to see her in so much pain, everyone was here saying she needed a psychiatrist or some shrink because she's mentally ill. Ahh, my dear friends, she has never been in need of psychiatric help, she has only ever needed someone who has gone through the same experience, to guide her through this maze.
She had next to no one to talk to about how she felt, about her confusion. Jiji is there but obviously she can only give an advice, not guide her because Jiji never got the chance to fall in love again.

Having such doubts, doesn't make her selfish or crazy. Plz do consult expert advice if you need to but trust me, that's how it is  for widows. (Ever read any true story about a widow's 2nd love?)

It's only after the shootout, that Megha really started questioning her thoughts and feelings, coming out of her self-denial, because then she realized that indeed she does love Mohan, which obviously didn't feel the same, because now she's in a different place altogether, older, more mature, she has responsibilities, she has a dead husband, a scarred heart, so  it's love but the mature kind of love, not the sleepless nights one. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ 
So it's natural to be clueless because, treading on this path for the first time, without any preparation, all this didn't occur to her.

Her self-confession has come only now because of course one doesn't know the value and significance of a thing until it is taken away from you, so in Thursday's confrontation, she saw Mohan walking out of her life, she witnessed her happiness, her love, slipping out of her grasp and that threw her in deep remorse and regret. That's why, now when he's no more with her, she was shown confessing her love to herself, secretly because she cherishes it so much. It's the only thing she can do now, because she knows that Indu wouldn't let her son marry Megha anyways. I agree completely...she said that she is moving away from his life because she loves him a lot 

Now say what's so odd with all that?? Only because she happens to be a widow, CVs showing her journey of falling in love so realistically and in such a sublime way, why do most of you refuse to believe in it? Or share the vision that CVs have of Megha? NBT is a slice of life experience, only until, we choose to open our mind to that particular slice of life. Sharing the same vision needs some effort really, otherwise connecting with all other usual characters is so very easy, right? doesn't need much effort to analyse them because they are all around us in real as well as virtual life.

BTW, Love happening to Mohan was so much similar to what's happened to Megha now. He wasn't able to label it too, just one or so week before it really dawned on him in the Farmhouse. Remember the balcony scene at night?? Where Mohan is mesmerized by the vision of Megha sitting in the jhoola, laughing her heart out. 
Guru asked him "bhaiya ye kia ho raha hai?"
And Mohan answered "yahi tou mai khud bhi samajhney ki koshish kar raha hoon" Nicely pointed out Fari πŸ‘...even Mohan had realized it much later...but yes Megha and Mohan are meant to be together...they share an inseparable bond πŸ˜³

Amazing analysis Fari πŸ‘ πŸ‘
I agree with all that you have said 
Thank you πŸ€—
pakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I will say this is β­οΈ post

Fari...no more words from my side you put everything what i love about Megha...i just want to THANK YOU for your mast(superb) post...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘