Book Talk

Enid Blyton defined my childhood :) (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

-GredForge-

IF-Rockerz

-GredForge-

Posted: 29 September 2012 at 5:51am | IP Logged
yup enid blyton defines childhood!
i used to love tinkle and enid blyton and yes even i didnt know she was a woman for quite a long time! and i used to think her name is Gid Blyton or sumthing coz of the way her signature used to be on d cover!lol
but yeah i used to love them! but for some reason i never liked famous 5 or secret 7 much maybe coz by the time i found out abt them i was already like 12. :P

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Risha_ipkknd-.-Nikki-.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Enid Blyton defined my childhood :) (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vandita97

vandita97

Posted: 26 October 2012 at 6:07am | IP Logged
She was indeed a great writer. Her books were so engrossing that my mother used to hide my story books coz you know I wont study just read her books. My fav were the naughtiest girl books. Loved them.

-Risha_ipkknd-.-Nikki-.

muzzy_sk

Goldie

muzzy_sk

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Even our childhood was full of her books.. and its hard to say which was was our fav!..
Malory tower,famous five ,secret seven.
Damn we were so crazy about secret seven!. the adventurous were so well described that most of time we could imagine ourselves there.LOL

Sure there are many new writers and our taste might have changed but there was none like Enid Bylton and we seriously doubt there ever will be.

we still sometimes catch up with Enid Blyton books when free or totally in a readers block or if we simply wish to, we are still in high school so don't worry we aren't crazy LOL

P.S: we also used to think that the writer was a man  ROFL

Edited by muzzy_sk - 29 October 2012 at 3:30am

-Risha_ipkknd-.-Nikki-.

Sunshine Girl

IF-Stunnerz

Sunshine Girl

Posted: 28 October 2012 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Oh God indeed...Ive read almost all the books from famous five series...Ive read so many books after that..I hardly remember them..but they were my ultimate fav...I just remember reading Famous five and the wishing chair !!
God how I miss them !!

-Risha_ipkknd-.-Nikki-.

Snowey

IF-Rockerz

Snowey

Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Enid Blyton indeed was one of the best children's Author.
Malory Towers was the first book in my hand of which i have fond memories. I have long outgrown these books but the feelings i had while reading Malory towers and the secret seven is very much alive.

-Risha_ipkknd-.-Nikki-.

.-Nikki-.

IF-Addictz

.-Nikki-.

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Lol well said yup i guess we all book lovers do hav our start up from enid blyton storiesDay Dreaming The secret seven fomous five malory tpwers mystery series lol they are just way too perfect for young readers Approve
With that somewere or the other we to had become creative i mean ya come lets form some secret group n all n like even i wanna solve mystries lets make a nice group n then help people na llROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Risha_ipkknd-

..Ankita..

IF-Rockerz

..Ankita..

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Well said!
I belive every bookworm has started his/her readin journey with Enid Blyton, followed by JK Rowling, followed by Stephanie Meyers, and then Sydney Sheldon and then diverted into their favorite genres!

-Risha_ipkknd-

taurusbb

Goldie

taurusbb

Posted: 17 December 2012 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
I agree wholeheartedly. One of the first novels for kids MUST be Enid Blyton. She was God's gift to children's books. Famous Five, Secret Seven, Galliano's Circus, St. Clare, Malory Towers - wow!! they were real good reads!!

I used to be a great fan of her books. Great post, really nostalgic Smile

-Risha_ipkknd-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top