Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sitamma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I don't know whether I have any right to write in a minority post...

Though agreeing to some  things many of you have said here, I politely wish to express my final view point about all that in just one question.

Got my question??

Yes, the  philosophical question....Is the glass half empty or half full? 

Perception is unique to every individual and is simply one's interpretation of reality.Any situation may be seen in different ways depending on one's point of view and that there may be opportunity in the situation as well as trouble.

Nevertheless we all have one thing in common..our LOVE for this show.

THANKS...and Love to All...

Sita.

p.s 

Edited by sitamma1 - 11 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nidaal

Maybe after such an uproar over her behavior in the past few days, the writers panicked and decided to have her directly and quickly confess to herself LOL. Arrey bhai we were objecting to her uni-dimensional outlook, her cold dismissal of the possibility of any feelings for Mohan, her seemingly selfish and frozen ways etc. It was the lack of clarity in the depiction of the exact nature of her thoughts that we had an issue with. It was not that we were demanding for an immediate realization on her part. Thoda toh logically build up karke dikhane tha. But anyways, I am happy that Mohan is NOT going to run around her anymore!! That is such a BIG relief! At least his humiliation phase is over! Couldn't bear to see all that

LOL but therein lies the disconnect...they think we are all foolish fangirls who are only upset cuz MM aren't together prancing around hand in hand in a rose garden somewhere making goo goo eyes at each other. 

So they dismiss us and whatever we say...and think that throwing in random scenes where Megha basically justifies herself saying HER "lowe" is greater is what we wanted to see and hear😕...They just can't seem to get the angst regarding Megha right...making it impossible to sympathize with her and her incoherent state of mind. 

The poor direction and lack of flow just adds to what is already an unconvincing set of events. 

Why would the humiliation phase end...all that's ended is the misunderstanding and maybe Mohan will stay away but knowing how much FIL lurves him now, he just might recruit him to help in the preperations for Megha-Manav's wedding...leading to a fantastic mandap scene down the line surely...which is exactly what they THINK the fangirls will lowe if it culminates in either MM ki shaadi or Megha running and confessing to Mohan or whatever...and you never know...there are enough ppl here who will be happy enough with that anyways...whether it has no head or tail to it just like Megha's "thought process"
Edited by AreYaar - 11 years ago
--Hope-- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Is the show back?  you asked Anu and my answer is NO

Old NBT has slipped us by because Megha's characterization stumbled when transitioning from the artistic hands of Sonal Ganatra to the fumbling fingers of Jayesh Patel.  Jayesh is too much of a novice in nuanced story telling  to be able to handle the treasure of a story and the uniqueness of the characters that made this show so precious and memorable on a daily basis for all of us.   Sudhir Sharma is right - he is human and he erred in hiring these two unsuitable candidates to manage this story

I read a thread today where Sudhir Sharma replied to Roopa that the Old NBT flavour will be back.   I have decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Don't know how he will do this as a crack in a mirror is difficult to ignore but still... humans err and everyone needs a second chance😃

If the Old NBT is to come back

a)    Megha's character is what needs to be salvaged. 

b)    the dialogues needs to lose their IN THE FACE hardhitting nature and demonstrate that gentle sensitivity, logic and haunting quality that made them so memorable and meaningful

Old NBT will not come back until Jayesh and Deepak are gone and Maan and Sonal are back in the driver's seat

I hope for the old flavour to be back in graduated doses next week😃

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: without-fathom

Don't wait me up if you're feeling hopeful about this though. I might just end up lamenting the waste of those far and few nice bits between. 

Side notes - With every new scene I watch Ak in, her disconnect cannot be more apparent. I don't blame her so much - that was an ass of a scene, with some asinine dialogues  Megha's solo I mean. 

Kunal - There were bits I just marveled his staying so truly under the skin of the character 👏 to only a negligible advantage script wise, over Megha/Ak - given they tried to mark return of sensibility in him. The opening scene just made me so sad - sadder still that Kunal pulled it off like an ace - I want to personally hunt out people who cut such a sorry figure for a cult character who went by the name of Mohan Bhatnagar. How could they!!! No, change that. How DARE they!!! *string of swear words inappropriate for the PG readership of IF*

Writing - I don't have words left anymore to lament this loss. The greatest, from how I view things. 

Anyway, like I said, I will try to snub away the "sentimentalist" in me and come back to address the few things I liked. (Liked seems like such a misplaced word right now, but anyway). I do not see any hope track wise. Taking one episode at a time - well, there occasionally lingers an illusion of Mohan, cynic, and the NBT I loved... Right now, I've got my guards VERY HIGH up to avoid being deceived by any such, while still allowing myself fleeting moments of cherishing remnants... 

@bold: 😆@ the ass of a scene with asinine dialogues line

You should make a seperate thread to point out the things you liked, Jzee...Ppl expect better from you😉...Main toh hoon hi Debby Downer banne ke liye yahaan pe waise bhi.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: S.Stephy

So looks like even I'm in the minority.

Actually today's epi made me all the more confused. I do not understand Megha these days. I'm really wondering... does she or does she not have feelings for Mohan? I mean.. when Mohan came with the mangalsutra, she said she doesn't want to marry him and just because he did a favour for her, it does not mean she would love him. And after Mohan left, she cried and said things like she had the courage to let him go, etc... and all these dialogues seemed like as though she might have feelings for him but nothing was clear. 

So I'm now wondering why is it that Megha refused to marrry Mohan. Is it because: (a) She has no feelings for Mohan and would want to marry someone else or (b) She has feelings for Mohan but she thinks a marriage with Mohan won't work or maybe due to Indu's words 

Anyways, my point is that I found it all this really confusing.

I think the ATTEMPT was to show that it's b)...that she has feelings for him but is pushing him away cuz of what Indu said to her ...but sadly the execution is so pathetic that the audience is continuously left clueless vis a vis what Megha is doing/saying/thinking...I firstly find her BLIND reasoning of marrying cuz of the letter she thinks is from Amar just so pathetically shown...it makes a woman at one point I admired as poised, dignified, sensitive come across as just plain DUMB...So one hand she waves the letter in Mohan's face as the COMPULSION for her to agree to remarry and then recites like a mindless robot that her family's choice is her choice...

They've made it all so pathetically convoluted by combining this letter, shaadi, mangalsutra misunderstanding that I have no words.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: naboletum

Hi Anu,

I have never posted on your thread before. But it's become a habit to read your take on this forum.

You have been venting out over the past week how the show has gone downhill. But to me today was probably the nadir of this show. I was so looking forward to the slow evolution of Megha realising what Mohan has come to mean to her. But no... we just got that cryptic set of dialogues abruptly out of nowhere.

Personally, I think Akanksha is a good crier (and not good at laughing "khul ke")...the way she cried in the first episode.  So, my guess is Akanksha herself is not able to connect with Megha and it shows in a stark way...come to think of it, one day she slaps Mohan, then she thinks it would be convenient  for everyone else if she marries him but no she SHOULD NOT marry him, and now she thinks she loves him... blame it on the writer or the screenplay or the director or the channel. Actors can only do so much if their character is being butchered for TRPs or whatever other god-damned reason. Like you said, Anu, maybe she is too honest an actor to pull of the ridiculous.

I don't know what I rue more... that the show had such a good opportunity to tell a story of a woman who rediscovers life because of Mohan...or the fact that they have such good actors to pull of the most subtle of interpersonal dynamics and they are now put through such abrupt narrative shifts... or the fact that the show had such a good thing going for it and  now it has gotten to a point where it cannot be redeeemed.

That said, I think I will watch this show. With all its faults, it CURRENTLY still appeals to me more than the other shows. Let's see.

Hello naboletum...what a lovely username :-) 

Yes I guess Aakanksha is a good crier when she is convinced about WHAT she is crying about...lol...like she did a good job in the scene where she broke down saying that Mohan was the only man she trusted after Amar...but today😕

@bold: I guess that kinda sums up my state of mind as well...and word about the ABRUPT narrative shifts...those are the most jarring...I've been willing to let a LOT of things slide...not like the show never had off days pehle...but since the mahaan duo entered and took over, it's just beyond my ability to swallow. 

But yes, I'm still watching whenever I feel there are some good scenes from the sound of the update cuz yes the rest of the nonsense on TV is even more abhorrent 🤢...I guess I will  just never understand the ways of TV land and why a perfectly good show is just LET GO...sad...

AreYaar thumbnail
@sitamma: Yeah I guess it is a glass half-full, half-empty way of looking at it...and I'm the glass half-empty kind...fair enough. 

Originally posted by: --Hope--

If the Old NBT is to come back

a)    Megha's character is what needs to be salvaged. 

b)    the dialogues needs to lose their IN THE FACE hardhitting nature and demonstrate that gentle sensitivity, logic and haunting quality that made them so memorable and meaningful

Old NBT will not come back until Jayesh and Deepak are gone and Maan and Sonal are back in the driver's seat

I hope for the old flavour to be back in graduated doses next week😃

Hey Hope...was it a paisa vasool epi for you then? Mohan bits must have been paisa vasool for sure, nahin? Even I liked those toh. 

I don't think Mr. Sharma intends to let go of his new fav. writer or director...I would be pleasantly surprised if he did...the sensitivity of the show has deffo taken a major hit sadly...is it really the same show? I miss the sensitivity of scenes/convos like these

Where are the Mohan-Megha who could speak to each other so eloquently through just their eyes? Can anyone HONESTLY still say that the scenes today had that?  The direction is pathetic...the new director is incapable of creating that atmosphere, of extracting those moments b/w these characters...wherein they had convos that didn't even require words or dialogues sometimes...where is that sensitivity?
sitamma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=AreYaar]
@sitamma: Yeah I guess it is a glass half-full, half-empty way of looking at it...and I'm the glass half-empty kind...fair enough. 

i did not mean to offend you or anyone else..sorry if it felt like that...if you want, i will delete the post..once again ..sorry
--Hope-- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Hey Hope...was it a paisa vasool epi for you then? Mohan bits must have been paisa vasool for sure, nahin? Even I liked those toh.

Anu. I have to say yes. it was totally paisa vasool for me except for the Megha breaking down and crying scene.  It did not move me.  Not because her emotions were not genuine or I feel she does not love him.  I might be in the minority opinion here but I felt that she did realize a special unique feeling for him a connection the night he was shot.  that incident served its pupose.  She refused to accept it and was unhappy with her own decision.  whether it was indu or still a sense of loyalty to amar I dont know and the CVs did not clarify but whatever it was I saw her post incident reaction as obstinancy which I am not a fan of faltu mein.  Today the reason she did not move me was because her logic was faulty.  She was not crying because of what she had foolishly done.  She was crying out of self pity.  self pity not because she rejected the one person she has come to hold true but self pity because Mohan will never know the worth of her supreme sacrifice.  Which is why even though she cried and admitted she loved him I was not moved at all.  infact that was the only scene I fast worded during my action replay moments and this is why I do not feel old NBT is back.  they need to restore the self respecting introspective Megha.  this ekta version is repelling and is killing the magic.  they need to show her selfish for some happiness and reasonable again as opposed to selfless to the point of being destructive to self and loved ones.  Until they fix this Old NBT is not back and I will continue to derive pleasue only from Monu's choice of Biology over pshyco therapy😃

I don't think Mr. Sharma intends to let go of his new fav. writer or director...I would be pleasantly surprised if he did...the sensitivity of the show has deffo taken a major hit sadly...is it really the same show? I miss the sensitivity of scenes/convos like these

If he does not let go of the duo he will gradually lose his core viewer base.  he will be digging his own grave.

Where are the Mohan-Megha who could speak to each other so eloquently through just their eyes? Can anyone HONESTLY still say that the scenes today had that?  The direction is pathetic...the new director is incapable of creating that atmosphere, of extracting those moments b/w these characters...wherein they had convos that didn't even require words or dialogues sometimes...where is that sensitivity?

I agree wholeheartedly anu though I have to say this.  I did not feel today was the day for old NBT.    today was day for full discourse.  no sutbelty just hard hitting statements and the air to clear
letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@sita- Some see as half full, some see as half empty ...
As for the show, its not about the quantity of the water ...for me the glass is broken and the water is slowing seeping out...