Frequent Posters

Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: baby68

\
Just leaving a message for Amy and Jzee if you don't mind:

Congrats! on Miami Heat winning the Championship.πŸ‘ Our team won.⭐️

Yup! Woot Woot Lebron "King" James finally GOT the championship ring.πŸ‘ It was a pretty good game yesterday.
Jay_tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Is the show back? Really? 

I didn't quite feel so after watching the epi encouraged by the largely positive reviews of today's epi. 

Let's just get the one expected constant out of the way...Kunal was fantastic as he usually is in the worst of epis this show has churned out.

But the rest...even now the scripting, the writing is NOT convincing...the FLOW is STILL off...and let me just state this clearly...this is NOT about a third angle, NOT about MM fighting, NOT about even that godforsaken mangalsutra...If I even take this scene as a standalone there were SO many stilted bits in it...not surprisingly all from Megha's side. 

Aakanksha, I don't know what to say about you...can't call you a newbie anymore...it's been six months in a lead role for you but maybe you aren't familiar with the concept of making even the ridiculous look convincing onscreen...and it sadly shows in your acting...shows very clearly. 

When we STRUGGLE to understand what a character is SAYING, FEELING through a scene...that is NOT good writing and direction...when we are just thrown a random PETULANT tantrum of Megha's at the end of a scene supposedly showing her "admitting" her feelings, it is NOT good writing and direction and consequently NOT convincing acting...Aakanksha just goes through the motions like a robot...so SO sad...like seriously cuz she SAYS that it is oh so difficult for her to stay quiet and to have found love and lost it again, we're supposed to buy it? WHY doesn't it show in her body language? In the initial portions of the scene, she's in a different zone...then out of nowhere, suddenly she's vulnerable cuz Mohan threw that himmat line at her...then she randomly blurts out a "I'm sorry"...such DISCONNECT ALL OVER THE PLACE...jeez. 

If I hadn't already SEEN good writing and direction in this show, I wouldn't even bother saying all this...btw when did Megha have her miraculous realization? That's also left to our own interpretation? Very nice.

And Mohan..."Mujhe Megha ko bhulana hoga"...so matter of factly...wow...seriously WHERE is the flow in this show...where is the DEPTH in the characters now? 2 second mein koi bhi kuch bhi bol ke nikal jaata hai and we should buy into it cuz it's been TOLD? 

I honestly don't see what is there to be applauding about in this epi other than the fact that yes the mahaanly stupid misunderstanding is done with...other than that, poorly written as always...no conviction in the characters. 

Anyways that's my minority opinion in what I can see otherwise is celebration day in this forum.

arrey yaar totally with u on this 
suji01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree with you Anu when it comes to Megha's acting

I feel no connection with her character

I just liked Mohan's fitting reply to Megha and he getting out of the Majnu mode therteby the MU getting cleared

Megha for me is a pendulumπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: naboletum

I just thought the producers with their "unconventional looking", stumbling and fumbling hero and minimal make-up female lead, the slice of life daily situations as opposed to melodrama, had the guts to not to succumb to TRPs and stand true to their story. Alas, the curse of 100 episodes...

Agar yeh hum viewers ka haal hai tho imagine... daily soap actors kya haal hota hoga... after a while, they must be caught between ennui and professionalism...
:(

- Mini

The curse of 100 epis, the curse of success, TRP pressures, channel pressures...the reasons are endless and sooner or later all shows succumb to them...sad truth.

Yes, the actors have to just be professional about it, I guess...it is their bread and butter at the end of the day...

Your name is Mini? Nice to meet you, Mini :-) You should post your views more often.
AreYaar thumbnail
On a random note...again the "wise" Indu Bhatnagar's words come back to haunt me..."Never say never'...the original context in which she said it was to question Mohan...did he not love Rashmi a lot? Did he not get over her? Forget her? Then why not Megha? LOL Mummyji ki bhavishyavaani sach hone ka time aa gaya hai...from the same Mohan who said "Yeh sach koi nahin badal sakta...main bhi nahin"πŸ˜†
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow. So a lot's been said and debated on the pages past and I tried reading as much as I could sit through, and think I've gotten the gist right - the hope of a resolution being reached between the opposite schools of thought is JUST as high, as the hope of NBT's revival to its old version, I say πŸ€“ 

Not much to add, really - surprise surprise!!! πŸ˜†

But summing up my take of the episode without going into details or technicalities of precise scenes. The episode had some scenes of good acting - mostly from Kunal - but I could enjoy only so much as one can in the situation of enjoying an actor's clean skill while consciously detaching it from the sense of what his scenes portray. Or the (lack of) a storyline. I also think any talks of return of the old NBT at this point are purely a myth. Old NBT is currently a soul detached from whatever it is that makes the new stuff. The depth, the connection - the evolution, heck EVEN the retardation of characters is NOT a patch on what old NBT was - and honestly, given that the new people have no freaking idea of what a gem they had on hands, and what they've done to it - I don't expect "correction" any more. It may oscillate between some less W*F episodes, and some unbearably much - the story line went for a toss all through last week. 

Jheel quoted from Ozymandais on my thread the other day - and it just sums up PERFECTLY where NBT currently stands. Once a masterpiece in the hands of those who knew every iota of nuance involved like it was crawling under their own skin - it currently lies in ruins. And just because you spot an odd broken smile or a limb lying here and there that is reminiscent of the past glory, you cannot possibly imagine the OLD creation to rise from this dust at hands which are not half as capable, and nearly zilch in their perception of what they've been assigned to rebuild! 

But all that is my opinion of course... the minority opinion, as Nur will have it πŸ˜›
letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wrong spot
Edited by bhavi20_s - 11 years ago