Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged

This title may seem strange for an episode in which there was so much of high drama: shouting, shoving,  weeping and walking out. However, if one stands back and looks at the whole, it is clear that today there has not been much substantive forward movement or at least as much as was expected  -  after the high voltage two thappads and one shove (hinted at) yesterday, and all  the obvious predictions one could have made from all that. Let us take the developments point-wise.

1) Arjun had already brought out the single vital point-  that he loves Purvi yesterday. There was nothing much that happened in this thread today, except for Manav making a sad display of himself and his daughter by dragging the whole lot out into the corridor and hurling accusations at Arjun at the top of his voice, when it could all have been conducted decently, out of the public glare, inside the flat. But then both PR and the Deshmucks (sic!) revel in washing all their dirty linen in public.

All this was predictable, as was Arjun - never very articulate and now weighed down by guilt -  being  unable to explain anything, not to speak of trying to exculpate Purvi, and DK's exemplary handling of the rising level of hysteria. He drags Manav away from Archana, and reprimands him for being "uncivilised" (exactly the right word at the right time, as always).

When DK is leaving, his warm gesture of gripping Archana's shoulder, in silent support, as she cowers tearfully against the wall, is far more eloquent than any number of words could have been.

Manav severs his friendship (and presumably his business ties as well) with DK. I suppose one should be grateful he does not slap DK as well.

-  Archana being shoved into the wall, her bangles breaking and her wrists being cut  by the glass         (Ankita's  reaction shot was amazingly good)  was very unpleasant, but this too was on the horizon yesterday itself, once she committed the major folly of announcing "Mujhe sab pata tha", without clarifying when.

It is strange how all these people read the Ramayana day in and day out, and still  never take a lesson from Hanuman, who announces, on his return to Rama's camp after the Lanka dahan,  "Dekha Sitaji ko"  (I have seen Sitaji). He thus spares Lord Rama  even one more second of anxiety by stating 'Dekha' first.

Whereas Archana just does not think of adding "abhi abhi", or  "aaj hi" after "Mujhe", which would have made all the difference. Nor does she try to quickly add this vital adverb as Manav is approaching her menacingly.  Instead, she makes matters worse by mumbling - while she looks at him the way a canary would look at an approaching cat - that she had wanted to tell him. No wonder that infuriates him even more.

Not that Archana resents being shoved into the wall. She 'understands' Manav's manhandling perfectly, and says later that she wants only to share his problems and feelings. Now we know what doormats are made of.

She is further abused by Manav as being the worst of mothers, and told to get lost. Being made of stouter stuff, she does not comply. Instead, she promptly repairs to her room, and later faces down Savita and Ovi (who is demanding that Archana should leave the house or she would), and makes it clear that she has a right to the house till the divorce, and has no intention of leaving.  Savita is, for once, at a loss for words.

This apart, Archana seems in general to be a glutton for punishment; the more she ie reviled by  Savita and Ovi, the less it seems to affect her. If this is saintliness, the less of it the better.

- Besides this exercise in self-assertion, Archana also takes it upon herself to advise the hysterical Ovi - who seems to be under the delusion that still Arjun loves her and will marry her once he gets out of Purvi's clutches -  that he is not worthy of her (or of Purvi either). Teju, who continues to provide a refreshing element of sanity in all the hysteria, seconds Archana in this, but by episode end, it was not clear whether any headway had been made in bringing Ovi to her senses.

I suspect that this  drama is likely to get worse the delusions Ovi suffers from seem to be genuine and this might make Archana's life (and perhaps Purvi's as well) even more difficult than it is already.

One hopes that Archana does not follow this up by issuing  an edict forbidding Purvi from marrying this 'unworthy' suitor. If she were to do so, there is no saying what the girl, already desperate to gain her mother's forgiveness and regain her affection, would do to please her aai. On such thin threads does Arjun's happiness depend!

- Another anti-climax is that Purvi has neither attempted to commit suicide, nor left town for good. She did not even oblige us by going to the Shiv temple, but seems to have quietly done exactly what she told Arjun she would do: go back home. Alas for all the anxious moments in the forum and the endless speculations and apprehensions! She puts in an appearance only in the precap, but more of that later.

- The only utterly charming and refreshing interlude which also breaks some new ground-  is the scene between Arjun and his father. It is a master class by DK  in how to be an affectionate, non-judgemental, reassuring and totally supportive parent wonderful and heart warming to watch. It will also be very important for taking the Arjun-Purvi love story to its logical conclusion.

Arjun is by now lacerated by an acute sense of guilt for having messed things up so badly, hurt so many people,  and wrecked DK's age old friendship with Manav. He finally  realizes that he would have done much better to have told the truth at the engagement itself (your ladla can hardly be called quick on the uptake in such matters, Archana!), and confesses to his father  that while his careful business plans and strategies had always worked, when it came to the most important decision of his life,  he had got it all wrong. What should he do now?

DK's response is admirable. He asks Arjun for a drink, and then recounts the part that fate had played, by taking him to an art gallery for an exhibition, in bringing him together with the love of his life, Aashana. The same has happened to you, he tells Arjun: you came all the way from Canada to India, and fell in love with a simple, middle class girl. It was all fate, and he would never want to separate two people in love.

When Arjun voices his worry that Purvi might not want this now, DK brushes such fears aside, saying that what Purvi wanted or did not want was of no account, for whatever was fated would happen in any case.

He then tells Arjun that if he loved Purvi, he should go and get married to her, and he would accept her as his bahu. He ends up with a quirky lift of his brows, while his eyes twinkle in tandem -  most  uncharacteristic of the normally aloof DK,  and thus all the more endearing. The look of sheer relief and gratitude on Arjun's face, as he hugs his father, is something to see.

Finally, the charming precap seems to be a harbinger of delight for all of us. Arjun is standing in the middle of an arched bridge across a pond in what seems to be a public park. Of course it is raining,  and he is totally wet already. He does not move as Purvi appears at the foot of the bridge. She approaches him slowly, and as the camera pans to her face, it seems calm and peaceful. She is not going slap him, as one member feared. She will, I hope,  just run across the bridge and straight into his arms.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

The following 49 member(s) liked the above post:

*Shruti*Sangam786achaibersingFun007Ariellebaas-tvhawa311ss4123masala29neelpendrivecbindia2009excelsa7recouphalfsonaAshiraniamahalaxmikreshma28aviaanyaramonamljcruzameetasingh4dolce123Rose_7abhimgarchverma10-Swetha-ramki1ArVi-liciousAxiomanju011mind-googlingzeezee55Darlynejdronamrajumokshashreepomegranateriniiiipurethoughtnaomihyugasoapwatcher1S.H.I.E.L.D.BlueOrchidsAshi22bee5FireLordPhoenixashvikluverrrmz.jessvirgo_gurlpeachesnplums

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "PR Today: Anticlimax" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

njani123

njani123

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
I just have one word for Archana- She is TOO MUCH. AngryPig

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

halfsonaramonamDarlyneFireLordPhoenix

bopop

bopop

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Shyamala I LOVE UR POSTS!!!! woohooo ur back! Absolutely bang on as usual! Wink I am just scared asha is going to give rithvik a hard slap! Lets hope thats not the case! Confused Otherwise GO ARVI!Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mistyblueramonam

jdronamraju

Goldie

jdronamraju

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

Finally, the charming precap seems to be a harbinger of delight for all of us. Arjun is standing in the middle of an arched bridge across a pond in what seems to be a public park. Of course it is raining,  and he is totally wet already. He does not move as Purvi appears at the foot of the bridge. She approaches him slowly, and as the camera pans to her face, it seems calm and peaceful. She is not going slap him, as one member feared. She will, I hope,  just run across the bridge and straight into his arms.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Shyamala,
Read ing all the posts and reactions on the forum about the precap had really stressed me out for the past couple of hours. But, your analysis of the precap assures me to no end.thanks for that Smile...I so badly hope that they do get back together...
your summary got me thinking..maybe purvi walking towards a waiting arjun is symbolic of him telling her in the previous rain episode.."maine apna haath badaa liya..ab tumhari bari hain"..so, maybe that is her way of extending her hand..

am i hoping for too much???

Edited by jdronamraju - 21 June 2012 at 12:39pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ss4123neelpendriveabhimgdolce123purethoughtFireLordPhoenixbee5alipie.

Darlyne

Goldie

Darlyne

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged

Dear Shyamala, as always very nice post! I will watch the episode tonight, but from Tanya's updates, and all other wonderful posts, visualize the episode. When Archana show the drama between AK-DK-MD (Manav who was really mad), I think she should not have said anything, and later talk to Manav. She herself does not know the entire truth as she did not let Purvi speak. So I don't understand why she said she knew? and like you mentioned she did not say that I just came to know. But she likes to be mahaan so nothing we can do.

The way Manav treats Archana, I believe many men treat women like that all around the world, but showing on national TV is like encouraging those men to treat women like that. I do not support it at all.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

meghana1016monicaymistybluenamitagloryzmind-googlingbee5

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Dear Jyoti,

Now you have me really scared. I hope I am right, but one never knows what that dratted girl will do, and if she does not oblige us by running into his arms,  but gives him a tongue lashing instead for breaking Ovi Ma'am's heart and hurting her beloved Manav baba, or even slaps him, I am sure you will lynch me!

I shall keep my fingers crossed from till 9 pm IST tomorrow, even if they become like a pretzel!

Shyamala

Originally posted by jdronamraju

Shyamala,
Read ing all the posts and reactions on the forum about the precap had really stressed me out for the past couple of hours. But, your analysis of the precap assures me to no end.thanks for that Smile...I so badly hope that they do get back together... as i said in another post... IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK...

Originally posted by sashashyam

Shyamala B.Cowsik

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

namitagloryzabhimgAxiomramki1jdronamrajuDarlyneFireLordPhoenix

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Dear Darlyne,

Thanks a lot for your kind words.

@red
, I could not agree with you more.Domestic violence is truly a universal problem, whence the phrase "beaten woman syndrome". Perhaps we should rename it as Archanangytis.

Shyamala

Originally posted by Darlyne

Dear Shyamala, as always very nice post! I will watch the episode tonight, but from Tanya's updates, and all other wonderful posts, visualize the episode. When Archana show the drama between AK-DK-MD (Manav who was really mad), I think she should not have said anything, and later talk to Manav. She herself does not know the entire truth as she did not let Purvi speak. So I don't understand why she said she knew? and like you mentioned she did not say that I just came to know. But she likes to be mahaan so nothing we can do.

The way Manav treats Archana, I believe many men treat women like that all around the world, but showing on national TV is like encouraging those men to treat women like that. I do not support it at all.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ss4123abhimgnamitagloryzDarlynepurethoughtFireLordPhoenix

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 21 June 2012 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Dear bopop (what a cute id!),

Thanks ever so  much for the appreciation; it is very kind of you.

@red
, please do not even THINK of anything like that. It might just happen, and then Jyoti will give me a very hard time tomorrow!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by bopop

Shyamala I LOVE UR POSTS!!!! woohooo ur back! Absolutely bang on as usual! Wink I am just scared asha is going to give rithvik a hard slap! Lets hope thats not the case! Confused Otherwise GO ARVI!Clap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top