Strawbella

IF-Dazzler

Strawbella

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by sarah_kelly

Originally posted by Strawbella

[QUOTE=Freethinker112][QUOTE=Strawbella]Its proven that a curd rice has more nutrition than any foodSmile

so true... curd is more nutritious than milk, its highly nutritional, even curd n parantha is nutrious.. 
Curd is not veg. It has living organisms in it.
Very nice theoryLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "veg vs non-veg (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Breeding cows for milk can also be cruel  Unhappy

Once a year they are being forcefully impregnated. When their child is born they are torn away from each other. The child goes for slaughter and the grieving mother goes for milking.
She is milked over and over and over again every day to satisfy your desire for dairy.
If you think there is something wrong with only one of these images, you need to think again.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/394211_155302891274399_154897706_n.jpg

Edited by zorrro - 09 September 2012 at 11:50am

rock&roll

IF-Dazzler

rock&roll

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Nice topic..haven't read all the replies..will just give my POV...

Let's forget the cruelty part first which a lot of ppl talk abt..Planta are also living things and we kill a lot of plants from the root to eat them...its just that we can see,feel and relate more to the cruelty that animals suffer when we kill them for food.

Man is omnivorous by nature...so in a way,it is better if he eats meat...It will help him in survival in a better way...In case all human beings totally give up non veg,then over a period a of time(theory of evolution) our body may lose the capability to digest non veg food which might not be a gud idea.OC,this will be reqd only if we are nearing a situation of famine all over the world or having some kind of big time crisis situation

In normal circumstances,under the current system and looking at the way human population is multiplying,it is better to be vegetarian.This is because apparently less land per person is required to sustain a person on a vegetarian diet than a person on a mixed diet.So with scarcity of land going to be one of biggest issues in future vegetarians might actually have an edge over othersLOL.Secondly,vegetarians  are safe from the various diseases that are associated with eating NV(bird flu etc)

At the end of the day,however,no one cares for all this.It all boils down to taste..My son loves NV,but I am a pure vegetarian.My hubby eats NV off and on..So we are a mixed family Smile.Btw,i don't buy arguments that one has to eat NV to get proper nutrients and proteins...I have known perfectly healthy and fit ppl who are pure vegetarians.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ethereal..-Chandramukhi-

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 4:47am | IP Logged

As I said before, I find that nutritional breakdown better. BTW, you didn't define what you mean by "more nutrition". More of what?

And that second link contains so much pseudoscience. Non-veg is not strength giving? And it compares us to horses? There's a thing called DNA. Every creature has a different genetic makeup. Maybe they can synthesize more amino acids and don't need it. Also, herbivores have got a large digestive system, which is very efficient at absorbing nutrients. Therefore they eat so much, because the thing they eat are not so nutritional, so they need more food for the same amount of nutrients. So, humans are not comparable to herbivores, OK?

And that Egg part is BS. Egg is one of the best food you can eat. There are two types of cholesterol, LDL-the bad one and HDL-the good one. Eggs contain good cholesterol, so they don't increase the risk of heart disease.

I would address other points too, but you get the drift.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 4:56am | IP Logged

eat a chicken raw, just like a lion or tiger or any other wild animal eats its prey,

Why, are we a lion or tiger? And if you want to follow this logic, why cook food? Go eat grass like a cow.

non veg foods are not meant for humans..

Actually, many essential amino acids that helped in evolution of our brain came from animal sources. So, without non-veg, we wouldn't hav evolved into humans.

non veg eaters cause a huge imbalance in the food cycle

What?

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 4:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Strawbella

[QUOTE=Freethinker112][QUOTE=Strawbella]Its proven that a curd rice has more nutrition than any foodSmile

so true... curd is more nutritious than milk, its highly nutritional, even curd n parantha is nutrious.. 

Milk comes from cow, which is an animal not a plant. Curd is formed by action of bacteria, again not a plant.

Edited by Freethinker112 - 23 September 2012 at 4:57am

cocojatti92

Goldie

cocojatti92

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
NON-Veg does not causes problems if cooked right.
It's meant for humans
Meat,Veg and fruits( wild) were only eaten by humans 10,000 years before farming With farming we are shorter and have more problems then ever 

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Dear Plant eaters ,

Chicken never gave oxygen
Chicken never gave shade
Loss of chicken never caused global warming
Then why eat the gud plants and trees ???

Dear Chicken gobbler 

You have just scared the hell outta me Ouch...And Ask me why ..Well don't ask me why ..I ll tell ya that anyways...

I too Never vented Oxygen ...or Gave Shade ..I swear I never caused Global warming either ..LOL    I ain't saying I ain't hawwttt  Blushing But I have a side to me which is super cool too ..That balances out all the hotness I create with my enthralling existence LOL

After reading that ..I hallucinated of you EATING ME Ouch For all the reasons you stated to save the plants and eat chickens...you Eco Warrior ...Tongue ..That spooky hallucination that lasted only for a  few minutes was easily worse than the worst of my nightmares LOL The way you snapped the teeth on my bones ...You glutton.. .Am I that tasty ? Ew  Tongue Hahaha 

Stick to the plants please ..Don't stick to Me and the Chickens  LOL They can grow back...Unlike the Chickens ..who never resurrect when dead...Tongue 

I ll debate further on this if you choose to respond and this time in a pretty tetchy way..LOL
  Thank you Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya_990-Chandramukhi-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.