Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

veg vs non-veg (Page 6)

pyaarihippo Groupbie
pyaarihippo
pyaarihippo

Posted: 02 August 2012 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Well eat chicken, but please don't eat other animals like me (a hippo)... I want to live Heart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cheenibutter

cheenibutter Groupbie
cheenibutter
cheenibutter

Posted: 02 August 2012 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pyaarihippo

Well eat chicken, but please don't eat other animals like me (a hippo)... I want to live Heart

Swty hippo, I am positive you are safe because no one slaughters hippos and consumes them unless you are a hippobal. Please do not worry dear.

Plants are living organisms as well janta. Just because animals are up, moving, and can create sounds does not make it satisfactory for us to eat veggies as well. It's the same thing. We all will starve if we don't eat one or the either SillyStarLOL COOKIES!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pyaarihippo

pyaarihippo Groupbie
pyaarihippo
pyaarihippo

Posted: 02 August 2012 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cheenibutter

Originally posted by pyaarihippo

Swty hippo, I am positive you are safe because no one slaughters hippos and consumes them unless you are a hippobal. Please do not worry dear.

Plants are living organisms as well janta. Just because animals are up, moving, and can create sounds does not make it satisfactory for us to eat veggies as well. It's the same thing. We all will starve if we don't eat one or the either SillyStarLOL COOKIES!

My name is pyaarihippo not swty hippo...

What is a hippobal?

Cheenibutter makes cookies? Are you a chef by any chance?Heart
HawaaPot IF-Sizzlerz
HawaaPot
HawaaPot

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Non-veg! Big smile
Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 6:02am | IP Logged
I think it is the rule of the nature that you have to eat others for survival. We are highest in the food chain, therefore it is natural to eat animals. I support being non-veg, because meat is a very good source of proteins and other things. But, the only thing I want is that the animals are not tortured. The way that they are packed in tight cages is not good. They should be kept in a good environment, and when the time comes they should be killed in a humane way, as quick as possible so that they don't feel any pain. 
ethereal.. Senior Member
ethereal..
ethereal..

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 5:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Chicken never gave oxygen
Chicken never gave shade
Loss of chicken never caused global warming
Then why eat the gud plants and trees ???

Because the number of plants that were consumed(indirectly) by a chick to produce enough meat for your lunch would have been enough to provide you with meals for at least ten days.
AND
those plants used to give oxygen.
those plants used to give shade.
Loss of those plants contributed to global warming.
:
:
I am a vegetarian and am as healthy and fit as my non-vegetarian friends. I don't think non-vegetarian diet provides anything that vegetarian diet is not capable of providing.
For those who argue that plants should not be 'killed' as they feel pain - they should support vegetarianism as the number of plants required to feed an animal to produce enough meat for 1 person is greater than the number of plants required to feed the same person if he eats plants directly...this way, non-vegetarians are responsible for 'killing' more plants than vegetarians and they also kill the animal...
And regarding overpopulation, there is already overpopulation of poultry and cattle due to human demand for meat!

Edited by guglu-baby - 07 August 2012 at 9:28pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya_990-Chandramukhi-

ethereal.. Senior Member
ethereal..
ethereal..

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

I think it is the rule of the nature that you have to eat others for survival. We are highest in the food chain, therefore it is natural to eat animals.
this is where conscience comes into play...and this is what makes us different from rest of the animals.
I agree with your first point that we need to eat others FOR SURVIVAL...but why eat other animals when you already have plants to survive on?
Nature expects us to cause least possible damage and inflict minimum possible pain...so, i don't support taking life for mere satisfaction of taste buds.

I support being non-veg, because meat is a very good source of proteins and other things.

meat is not the only source of protein, pulses and seeds provide sufficient proteins to our body...and there is a limit to the amount of protein our body can accept, so the overdose is a waste anyways.

But, the only thing I want is that the animals are not tortured. The way that they are packed in tight cages is not good.

i agree
They should be kept in a goodenvironment, and when the time comes they should be killed in a humane way, as quick as possible so that they don't feel any pain.
killing is ALWAYS inhuman...these are two opposite things. To 'kill in a humane way' is like saying we should rob our neighbour honestly!
And getting killed is always painful(not considering the use of anaesthetics), no matter how quick the killer is.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya_990Samraat_92

Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by guglu-baby

this is where conscience comes into play...and this is what makes us different from rest of the animals.
I agree with your first point that we need to eat others FOR SURVIVAL...but why eat other animals when you already have plants to survive on?
Nature expects us to cause least possible damage and inflict minimum possible pain...so, i don't support taking life for mere satisfaction of taste buds.
meat is not the only source of protein, pulses and seeds provide sufficient proteins to our body...and there is a limit to the amount of protein our body can accept, so the overdose is a waste anyways.
i agree
 killing is ALWAYS inhuman...these are two opposite things. To 'kill in a humane way' is like saying we should rob our neighbour honestly!
And getting killed is always painful(not considering the use of anaesthetics), no matter how quick the killer is.

Yes conscience is there, but we have to accept the fact that our existence will cause destruction. Without even eating, we have harmed animals. Killing animals for leather to make bags and shoes, testing cosmetic products on them first, I condemn these things more because meat feeds us and helps us live while these things are just for vanity purposes. And we have made many species extinct by doing these things, not eating them. We cleared forest reserves and made city, destroying their natural habitat. That's cruel  Our modern life is producing pollution, destroying aquatic life, radiation harming birds, etc. Are we willing to give up our modern life and ready to go back to jungles? We destroy ants, insects, mosquitoes, rats etc. in our life. Are their life less valuable because they are small? And plants are living beings too.

We have evolved as omnivores, have canine teeth and enzymes required to digest meat. Our brain has become so evolved because of complex protein from animal sources. We are built to eat meat and plants in a balanced way. And animal protein is always better than plant protein. And they are more protein dense. I bodybuild and require nearly 150g protein a day. To get that from plant sources, I have to eat so much that I will cross my caloric limit. My parents are traditional, so I don't get to eat non veg in my home. But I plan to start eating as soon as I move out to college. Also, many nutrients like vitamin B12 are found only in meats. So, being pure veg can cause some nutrition deficiency, unless you research and make sure you are taking everything. 

No, killing in humane way is possible. You just stun them or cut that fast that they don't feel pain. Beheading can be done in fraction of seconds.

So, yeah killing is bad but that's nature for you. You either kill or get killed. Should lions feel bad for killing deer? Maybe. But living means killing, and we have to live with it. But at last, it is a personal choice. If one feels guilty, he should become vegetarian.

Edited by Freethinker112 - 08 August 2012 at 9:20pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ethereal..sub_rosaBeyond_the_VeilSamraat_92

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index