Is eating meat considered as a sin? 
I suppose so but let the veggies answer that LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-

rayo Newbie
rayo
rayo

Posted: 02 July 2012 at 5:49am | IP Logged
There are two theories. One, that non-veg is blood, bones and flesh of a body that was alive, and is now killed for your pleasure. So basically you are eating a 'dead body' and your own body is nothing less than a burial ground.

second theory is that logically it makes sense to have non-veg if it is required for health reasons, or if you are at a place where vegetarian food is not available or not sufficient due to climatic conditions etc. It is also logical to say that if poultry is not consumed by humans, its number will rise to proportionate levels, which again is not good.

So, suit yourself.
-Suhana- IF-Dazzler
-Suhana-
-Suhana-

Posted: 02 July 2012 at 9:54am | IP Logged

Edited by -Naiina- - 02 July 2012 at 10:13am
zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rayo

There are two theories. One, that non-veg is blood, bones and flesh of a body that was alive, and is now killed for your pleasure. So basically you are eating a 'dead body' and your own body is nothing less than a burial ground.
Blood, bones, flesh are all tissues and so are stem, leaves and roots. Is eating them live any better than eating them dead?

second theory is that logically it makes sense to have non-veg if it is required for health reasons, or if you are at a place where vegetarian food is not available or not sufficient due to climatic conditions etc. It is also logical to say that if poultry is not consumed by humans, its number will rise to proportionate levels, which again is not good.

So, suit yourself.
Yes that sounds logical

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 04 July 2012 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
These days they speak of balanced diet and not over eating.
Desis often take too much white rice which is not good it seems as it could cause diabetes. Hmm something to ponder
rahmona_pakswe IF-Sizzlerz
rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 05 July 2012 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Veg or non-veg should be a personal choice.
I choose to have 1-2 days a week completely veg food which raises a few eyebrows. We Pakistanis generally eat a lot of meat so I'm usually the odd one out among my friends and family. Going to family dinners can be a pain sometimes. It's all meat meat meat and I'm like 'where are the veggies?'. LOL

My reason for having veg days is partially health and partially environmental reasons. Growing up in Sweden could have contributed to it too. Beside I'm not very fond of red meat and barely eat it as I don't like the taste.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 05 July 2012 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
Frankly I do not care meat or no meat. But I do love butter !
Butter on fresh break, hmm I could live on that.

Yes also fruits, love them.

Ice creams an chocolates not really interested.
anu-radha Senior Member
anu-radha
anu-radha

Posted: 06 July 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
veg or non-veg both have thier own flaws..
i say whatever diet u take,check whether its a balanced one or not...nahi toh veggies khao ya non-veg donno hamari jaan ko badly effect kar sakthe hai...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index