India-Forums

veg vs non-veg (Page 3)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 24 June 2012 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by sharontheangel

ohhh killing plants is also wrong then even plants have life why do u eat them??? if plants can regrow then animals also increase in number by giving birth...

remember a lion never thinks about you before eating you and it only needs food... 
exactly the point I was trying to make LOL
I heard the Lion says "Thank you God for the daily meal"LOL

The world might be a jungle if we do not trim the bushes and cut the grass.
Polki_Zofi Senior Member
Polki_Zofi
Polki_Zofi

Posted: 25 June 2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rehanism

Originally posted by Polki_Zofi

In Poland (my country and culture/tradition) we are used to eat meat. However, it there is growing interest in vegetarianism.

When I first met my husband at university (he is an Indian), I thought he was certainly a vegetarian. Although, to my surprise he was not. He does yoga and dont drink at all, but when it comes to meat he consumes chicken fish and eggs in plentiful!

He is a Hindu, but I once saw him eat beef with a student from Kashmir ( i cannot say the kashmir guy country as he claim he have no country, and is a political issue in your region). It seem my husband love meat anyway.

Although, I am a vegetarian (egg eating). I don't know if its true vegetarian in India, but I eat the egg for protein.

My mother in law and sister is a complete vegetarian, while my father in law says he can eat anything which move and is not human (funny man)!

India for me still remain mystery ... I dont know how much i know of it, even after last time i travelled. When a child I remember making painting back in school of elephants and camels regarding india. I thought that when I arrive I will find elephant and camel everywhere on every corner ...

ROFL
This is such a cute post...

Well, Indian society has never been a monolith when it comes to vegetarianism...It has largely been limited to Brahmins, Jains and Buddhists...Though being a hot and humid country, Indians have traditionally avoided red meat...Religious/social taboo on beef is a rather recent - say, medieval - phenomenon...Egg is not considered a part of Vegetarian diet in India, perhaps with few exceptions among Southern communities, though dairy products are. Additionally onion and garlic are also avoided by many veggies..

I am personally experimenting with Vegetarianism for sometime now, solely for humanistic reasons...

Smile my reasons to be vegetarian are also humanistic.

As for my foolishness when a kid LOL, it is obvious maybe because I am from a country which used to be (and still is, comparatively) quite isolated in terms of globalization. We had ideas, and I never saw an Indian before I went to university, where I saw a few in my classroom, and only a handful (maybe 15) in my entire university.

I remember some of my friends were thinking that India have everyone with turban, but I was sure that it cannot be so! So yea, we had less idea. There days are different though. The 90s did not have so many sources of information as today, and people who were born in small towns had (and still, mostly have) their lives within their own little systems, revolving around the Church. This is the most real view of Eastern (Slavic) parts of European life that I am giving you, so it can be noted Wink.

Indian vegetarianism seems different. You are right that they dont eat egg as I found with my mother in law and sister in law. However, I do. I guess my vegetarianism is Polish LOL. I need protein, specially coming from the part of the world I am from, it is necessary that we consume egg atleast! Indian weather allows Indians to cut on egg.

I think that eating egg cannot be harmful as it don't hurt anyone. So it can go with humanism Smile. I encourage my husband to eat vegetables, I tell him about his own country LOL, but it seems he tries just as long as he doesn't come across the next restaurant! He cooks well too.

Infact, he is not serious to leave meat. We have a son, and I thought I would make him a vegetarian, but now I feel my baby can decide for himself. It is a very personal choice. But it is good to inform others as to why you made the choice. One thing I will surely do is to teach my son on how to love animals.

One thing I really admire in my husband, is that he dont drink. For him, I even left my occasional drinking (in some special occasion). At first it seemed odd, but now, after I look at some of my friends and their families, I feel he is intelligent.

Infact, there is no need to consume something that you don't need as a must to remain happy and content in your life. This keeps life lighter and more livable.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 26 June 2012 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
Actually it is true that diet determines out thoughts. All taste comes from the sauces, butter, salt , spices etc. Meat without the fats is quite tasteless like a piece of leather.
A factory in china cooked cardboard paper and served it as meat for many years. people did not know the difference.
IndigoBlues IF-Rockerz
IndigoBlues
IndigoBlues

Posted: 27 June 2012 at 7:22am | IP Logged
At the end of the day, its about survival really. The law of nature dictates that any animal can eat the other, either for food, or for defense. As long as the other species is not eliminated, there's no harm really. So a lion will eat a deer, the same way we eat a chicken. Neither the lion nor we are cruel. However, we must only take care that all the chickens/fish/trees are not eliminated. Moderation is the key.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroRehanism

zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Posted: 27 June 2012 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Does non vegetarianism get translated as cruelty to animals and vegetarianism as kindness Confused
I have seen many vegetarians who are quite aggressive and also indifferent to animals plight, inspite of all that holier than thou show.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bhavika0611

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 27 June 2012 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

Does non vegetarianism get translated as cruelty to animals and vegetarianism as kindness Confused
I have seen many vegetarians who are quite aggressive and also indifferent to animals plight, inspite of all that holier than thou show.

True, but there are many veggies, like Brahmins, Vaishnavas etc, who are simply following their caste or religious traditions and not any humanistic ideal. But I guess there are many people who voluntarily quit non-veg out of compassion for animals...

BTW, I don't believe in those pseudo-scientific explanations of religious apologists about vegetarianism making one more spiritual or non-veg making you bestial..Read this..

A Pseudo-scientific Case For Vegetarianism

Vegetarianism is a lifestyle choice and I respect that. There are a variety of reasons given for being a vegetarian, like empathy for animals. But there are some vegetarians who use religion to justify their choice and argue that it is a superior choice which everyone should follow. Had there been some rational basis in their argument, I could concede their argument is sound. But predictably, religious vegetarianism is based on irrational ideas. It makes copious use of pseudoscience.

"You are what you eat"

That is one common premise of religious vegetarianism. Sites like these give a good explanation for that premise. To sum it up, the human body is composed of different levels of energy, with the mind and consciousness having the highest energy level. Different food sources have different energy levels and effect the body differently. Somehow meat has a negative energy level and affects that body negatively. Vegetables and fruits have optimum energy levels that help the mind vibrate at maximum potential.

There are other similar forms of justifications of vegetarianism, but central to all of them are energy and vibrations of food. Now onto why such justifications are plain stupid.

Retard Arguments

Energy is a word that has been raped through all of its orifices by pseudoscience peddlers (I'll abbreviate them as PPs). They have no basic understanding of how energy works, but pepper their arguments with it.

The human body gets it fix of energy by way of chemicals like carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Those chemicals are broken down in our cells and release chemical energy. It is that energy which drives the human body and not things as energy levels or vibrations (whatever the crap they mean in a pseudo-scientific context. Pseudoscience rarely gives precise definitions of terms).

Also, the human body doesn't care what the sources of those chemicals are - vegetables, fruits, leaves or meat. There's a reason why humans are omnivores.

Willful Ignorance

Processes of life are complex to understand. It requires knowledge of physics, chemistry and biology and considerable investment of time. PPs can't be expected to put in that kind of effort when there are people to be hoodwinked. They have an easy way out. They use fictional ideas of energy levels and vibrations to explain life. When using fiction, you are not restricted by those pesky laws of the Universe. Anything goes!

Ancient Nonsense

A chemical molecule is the same regardless of whether it comes from a plant source or animal source. That is fact which was unknown to the authors of ancient texts like the Upanishads. They didn't know the composition of matter. That is why they have invalid arguments like the food we eat has a direct correlation to the composition of the mind. But for PPs, ancient equals truth. Evidence doesn't matter. PPs piggyback on religious credulity to spread nonsense from ancient texts.
http://inversesquared.blogspot.in/2010/08/pseudo-scientific-case-for.html

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroIndigoBlues

jonnybgood Goldie
jonnybgood
jonnybgood

Posted: 27 June 2012 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
all animals  dont regrow

Leaves, plants, fruit,and grain dont have Heart or Brain
jonnybgood Goldie
jonnybgood
jonnybgood

Posted: 27 June 2012 at 12:20pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sharontheangel

ohhh killing plants is also wrong then even plants have life why do u eat them??? if plants can regrow then animals also increase in number by giving birth...

remember a lion never thinks about you before eating you and it only needs food... 
exactly the point I was trying to make LOL
 so are you saying an Apple, and other fruits have and  Heart and brain ??? People dont cut entire plant

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index