veg vs non-veg - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago
havent gone through all those links but on going through the -absurd ayurveda claims-  thread I  couldnt help noticing that the posters did not mention the source of those claims. I mean there is a lot of heresay but were those claims from some auhenticated book of ayurveda or just Granny's nuskas:
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Is eating meat considered as a sin? 
Originally posted by: -Aarya-

Is eating meat considered as a sin? 

I suppose so but let the veggies answer that 😆
rayo thumbnail
There are two theories. One, that non-veg is blood, bones and flesh of a body that was alive, and is now killed for your pleasure. So basically you are eating a 'dead body' and your own body is nothing less than a burial ground.

second theory is that logically it makes sense to have non-veg if it is required for health reasons, or if you are at a place where vegetarian food is not available or not sufficient due to climatic conditions etc. It is also logical to say that if poultry is not consumed by humans, its number will rise to proportionate levels, which again is not good.

So, suit yourself.
.MissAmerica. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Edited by -Naiina- - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: rayo

There are two theories. One, that non-veg is blood, bones and flesh of a body that was alive, and is now killed for your pleasure. So basically you are eating a 'dead body' and your own body is nothing less than a burial ground.

Blood, bones, flesh are all tissues and so are stem, leaves and roots. Is eating them live any better than eating them dead?

second theory is that logically it makes sense to have non-veg if it is required for health reasons, or if you are at a place where vegetarian food is not available or not sufficient due to climatic conditions etc. It is also logical to say that if poultry is not consumed by humans, its number will rise to proportionate levels, which again is not good.

So, suit yourself.
Yes that sounds logical

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
These days they speak of balanced diet and not over eating.
Desis often take too much white rice which is not good it seems as it could cause diabetes. Hmm something to ponder
Veg or non-veg should be a personal choice.
I choose to have 1-2 days a week completely veg food which raises a few eyebrows. We Pakistanis generally eat a lot of meat so I'm usually the odd one out among my friends and family. Going to family dinners can be a pain sometimes. It's all meat meat meat and I'm like 'where are the veggies?'. ðŸ˜†

My reason for having veg days is partially health and partially environmental reasons. Growing up in Sweden could have contributed to it too. Beside I'm not very fond of red meat and barely eat it as I don't like the taste.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Frankly I do not care meat or no meat. But I do love butter !
Butter on fresh break, hmm I could live on that.

Yes also fruits, love them.

Ice creams an chocolates not really interested.
anu-radha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
veg or non-veg both have thier own flaws..
i say whatever diet u take,check whether its a balanced one or not...nahi toh veggies khao ya non-veg donno hamari jaan ko badly effect kar sakthe hai...