FF: D for Desire Th# 1 (Ch 1 - 14) - Page 14

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Sulu95

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Iam soo in love with thisss !</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Please PM me wen u update !? :)</font>

Sure will.. Thanks :)
Originally posted by jakhushi

Agree its a short update... but a good update nevertheless... completely crazy premise ๐Ÿ˜†...
Do update soon!

Lol ... I know it is crazy!! I have crazier ideas and wild ones too .. Lol .. Lets see if i can take it forward :)
lovely update yar...๐Ÿ˜Šreally enjoyed while reading the update...๐Ÿ˜ƒwaiting for next update...๐Ÿ˜Š

Banner Courtesy: GanBarunFan

Khushi was literally blinking at the guy standing in front of him. He was pretty good-looking and approached her nicely, but she was not sure whether to allow his move

"So Khushi, why are you standing here," asked the guy who introduced himself as Rohan, "Don't you like dancing?"

Khushi replied reluctantly, "I am comfortable here, thank you."

"So, I assume, you are alone here," said Rohan smilingly.

"Mmm .. well โ€ฆ" Khushi was thinking if to mention Arnav when she was abruptly cut-off by being pulled by a strong arm, almost crashing into a toned body.

"She is with me Rohan," Arnav declared curtly.

"Ohh, ASR, my man!" Rohan's demeanor suddenly changed. "So she is with you. That's news. When exactly was the last time you were noticed with someone in a party?"

"I am not very fond of female company." Arnav tried to brush off.

"Come on, ASR," Rohan laughed "Whom are you trying to fool? Which guy loathes female company?"

Rohan winked as Arnav did not reply.

"Yeah, may be you were waiting for the right kind .. that much I understand."

"Nothing like that Rohan." Arnav did not try to hid his impatience.

"Ohh, I remember, you were last seen with Lavanya. You seemed steady with her .. Weren't you?"

"We broke up."

"That's self-explanatory, my dear friend. But you seemed good together. What happened?"

Khushi was feeling a bit awkward between the two right now. The guys seemed to have totally forgotten her presence. She knew about Lavanya โ€“ they were often covered as "the couple" in the media. Three months ago suddenly Lavanya started to be spotted with another business tycoon and all the girls again exclaimed since the bachelor seemed to be free again!

"The same old thing that happens to any girl after some time." Arnav shrugged.

"You mean, she was looking for 'commitment'?" Rohan quoted with his fingers.

"As if, I was not seeing anyone else was not commitment enough."

"So she wanted a formal one? Engagement? Marriage?"

"I will never understand what the fuss is about marriage, Rohan. At the beginning, they always pretend marriage is not important and then, the same old story .."

"I can guess." Rohan laughed. He suddenly turned to Khushi.

"So Khushi, you are okay with this, I guess? No formal commitment?"

Khushi's eyes widened.

"Huh?? No way!! Why will I be with a guy if he is not admittedly committed to me?"

"Ok! I guess that's a news for ASR then." Rohan raised his eyesbrows.

"Her views are not important .." Arnav again tried to brush off.

"Marriage is the most sacred institution," Khushi cut him off, "And there is no way I can ever think of being with a guy who does not believe in it. And to clear out your confusion, Rohan, I am with him does not mean we are having an affair. I am just his guest in the party."

"Oh, ok," Rohan did not seem very convinced, "But the way, you are in his arms, I thought you two were together."

Arnav & Khushi suddenly got aware of their position as Rohan chuckled. They were so engrossed in the conversation that they completely forgot that she was still in his arms. The comfort zone suddenly shattered as Rohan pointed it out to them on their face. Neither moved, wondering, what Rohan might think at their reaction. Both tried to justify their actions simultaneously.

"We are comfortable as colleagues .."

"We are comfortable as friends .."

They stumbled and looked at each other โ€“ not knowing what to say anymore.

Rohan, feeling the sudden rise of tension in the environment, decided to take his leave.

"Ok, guys, you two carry on," he said smiling, "Khushi, it was really nice to meet you. Just for your information, I believe in marriage and I am around."

He winked and left.

Khushi, watching Rohan leave, suddenly smiled.

"He is a good flirt. Quite a lady's man."

Arnav, bewildered, looked at Khushi.

"What the โ€ฆ ?? You liked him flirting - even after understanding, he was just flirting with you?"

"Why not?" Khushi seemed equally surprised. "That is how you start wooing a girl. There is no problem in that. And I liked his style."

"You think he was wooing you? For your information, he is one of the most popular playboys in town."

"So? I am just admiring him. If I want to go out with him, I will ask you for a background check, ok?"

"What made you think I will do a background check for your potential boyfriend for you?" Arnav fumed and tried hard to hide it.

"Excuse Me! You were already giving me his background even without me asking anything at all."

"That is because you seemed interested in him."

"I just appreciated him. That does not mean I am interested in him, Mr. Raizada."

"Oh yeah? You are calling him Rohan just in a minute and I am still Mr. Raizada to you. How do you justify that?"

Khushi, by now, was equally fuming.

"As long as I am Ms. Gupta to you, don't expect anything but Mr. Raizada from me. It always takes two .. understand?"

Arnav, unable to control his rage anymore, suddenly pulled Khushi closer. Staring at each others' blazing eyes, they were still unaware that they were dangerously close - she was still in his harms, her hands resting on his chest.

"If so, why did you say we were friends?"

"Don't believe everything you hear, Mr. RAIZADA. I was just saving your ass. I did not think you would like to be linked with someone like me."

"Finally you have said something right, Khushi Kumari Gupta. Then again, I can save my own ass. You better take care of yours."

Khushi was outraged by now and was about to reply bitterly but she was cut off by Mr. Khanna to their convenience.

"My dear Lovebirds, I see you find it very cozy here but we would love to see you in the dance floor instead. Let us also see how good you two look together."

Both Arnav & Khushi were taken aback and suddenly came back to their senses. They realized in which state they were and finally, Arnav freed her. They were both a bit embarrassed because they realized that they were practically hooked to one another for at least 15 minutes. No matter how much they screamed now that they were not together, it was going to be difficult to convince anyone around.

Arnav composed himself first.

"Khushi is not very fond of dancing Mr. Khanna."

Khushi nodded assertively.

"Don't deprive Arnav, dear. Do let him twist & turn you once in a while. It will only tie him to you more. Take it from an experienced old mouth." He laughed. "Anyways, have your dinner then."

As Mr. Khanna left, Arnav smirked inwardly at the thought of twisting & turning Khushi. It was a wild phrase! Khushi, on the other hand, also started to have hot flushes at the same phrase โ€“ suddenly her dreams about Arnav came vivid in front of her like a panorama. Standing at least three feet apart from each other, they suddenly could feel a strange tension forming in the air. Khushi started to feel uncomfortable while Arnav was trying to make his brain cells work. He was well aware of the effect he brought on Khushi โ€“ she herself admitted that. Now he was getting confused since he seemed to be affected by her too.

Arnav tried to clear the air.

"Let's have dinner, shall we?"

Arnav started walking towards their table and Khushi followed. They had their dinner silently. Arnav was courteous enough with Khushi โ€“ even he got her the drinks. Khushi had to admit he was at least well-mannered. She opened up her mental scoreboard again.

"Ok, I give you 5 more marks for your manners, Laad Governor," she mumbled as she continued chewing her food, "but minus 10 for not believing in marriage. So you are down to 26 โ€“ you are so out of my life."

As she chuckled, Arnav gave her a questioning look.

"Woh .. I just remembered Mr. Khanna called us love birds." Khushi tried covering up.

"So?"

Khushi's mouth again rounded into a perfect "O".

"Do you have any sense of humor?"

Arnav smirked watching her mouth, ignoring the sarcasm in her voice.

"Yes, I have but I guess ours do not match."

"Why am I not surprised! So what do you find funny?"

"Sorry?"

"I mean you didn't find us being called lovebirds funny. So what else could have seemed funny to you?"

"Lovebirds did not seem funny because that was an obvious thing for him to say โ€“ though it was not true."

"Fine! But what else if he had said would have made you laugh?"

Arnav was in trouble now. Big time. He really was not sure how good his sense of humor was. His famous brain was active looking for an answer but his brain had its limitations too.

Khushi, understanding his lost look, sighed. This was one important criterion that she really admired. Arnav Singh Raizada apparently did not have it -  or at least enough of it.

"Down to 23," she muttered.

"What?" Arnav inquired.

"What what?" Khushi tried covering up.

"You said something .. 23?"

Khushi cursed herself. Did she have to be that loud? She was thinking fast. Should she tell him? Should she or should she not? Arnav was wondering what was up with Khushi as she stared at him with her eyes wide, intently.

"What??" Arnav asked feeling a bit conscious under her open gaze.

Khushi swallowed down her tension. He should know. He had every right to know. She always believed in transparency in process. She took a deep breath.

"That was your score."

"Okay. Wait! What.. ? Score means .. ???"

Khushi gulped.

"I am scoring you out of 50 with a 40% pass mark. The moment your score is 20, you will be officially out of my mind."

Arnav could not believe what she had just said. Was she scoring him? Like .. really? Was she mad? How dare she scored him .. Arnav Singh Raizada? Arnav was completely flabbergasted and had no idea how to react.

"What the Fu โ€ฆ Are you serious?" He spat out.

"Yes." Khushi tried to sound excited & positive. "I have made a solid and transparent scoring process. Would you like to know? I mean you should. You should know why you are dis โ€ฆ"

Khushi's mouth was automatically shut noticing Arnav. This was the first time she had seen Arnav in this avatar.

She gulped again. A big one.

The volcano was about to erupt.

Edited by Omoraboti - 10 years ago
wow..loved it..add me in plzzz:)
Hahahahahahahahahah
That was awesum
Khushi telling him that i score u n Arnav getting angry
Waiting fr next part
Plz update soon
THIS UPDATE WAS TOTALLY HILARIOUS MAN TOTALLY LOVED UR WRITIN STYLE N LOVE BOTH ARNAV AND KHUSHIS CHARACTER HEHHEHE SERIOUSLY IT WAS GOOD
Originally posted by myarniebaby

wow..loved it..add me in plzzz:)

Sure! Accepted your buddy request .. thanks :)
Nice post...khushi is a gonner now, lol. looking forward to seeing arnav's reaction to khushi's scoring system. update soon; take care :) :) :)
hahaha..Khushi's scoring system is fab..and now waititng to see Arnav's reaction! that Rohan encounter was very amusing :)