Gangs of Wasseypur Movie Reviews -- POST HERE - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago

Top 5: 'Teri Meri Kahaani' fails, 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' works!

By Taran Adarsh, June 29, 2012 - 13:06 IST
RankFilmProducerVerdictLast Week
1Teri Meri KahaaniSunil Lulla, Vicky Bahri, Kunal KohliHas been rejected. Collects approx Rs 23 cr + nett in Week 1. Will entail lossesNew
2Gangs Of WasseypurViacom18 Motion Pictures, Guneet Monga, Sunil Bohra, Anurag KashyapPicked up gradually and maintained rock-steady figures across weekdays. Collects approx Rs 17.7 cr + nett in Week 1New
3Ferrari Ki SawaariVidhu Vinod ChopraMaintained rock-steady figures in Week 2, despite new releases. Collects approx Rs 7.25 cr in Week 2, taking the 2-week total to approx Rs 28 cr nett1
4Rowdy RathoreRonnie Screwvala, Sanjay Leela BhansaliBlockbuster2

once again Script and story worked 
can't wait to watch this movie 
I just got back home after watching GOW and I have to say...I enjoyed the movie tremendously! While it did not hit the mark in my books like AK's Dev D, it was still tremendously satisfying to come out of a movie where each character had been cast so fabulously that it seemed like the story was tailor made just for them.

But...despite being warned by the majority of the reviews, I was still taken aback by how many characters there were to keep track of.
Between the language, action and characters, there are so many moving parts to this story, the average viewer expecting the typical "masala" film is in for one heck of an unexpected ride. A movie like this also almost demands more than one viewing for all the details to sink in as one tends to lose track of the goings on rather quickly.

At the end of this first watch of GOW Part 1, the music, cinematography, dialogs and acting were the stellar highlights for me. Anurag delivers such outstanding quality in these that the weaknesses in the story, screenplay and plot get camouflaged...for most part! Still, this movie is not likely to be everybody's cup of tea! In the theater that I went to, it was the North Indian "desi heartland" type junta who were cracking up the most at the humor.

My verdict...3.5 stars! I won't rave about it but go watch it...just don't forget to take your brains with you. Given that both parts were made at a total budget of under 20 crores, it's hit status is now a foregone conclusion. Also...do stay back till after the end credits have rolled to watch the trailer to Part 2...you will be glad you did!

Will the freaking thing ever release in the States? Their website or wiki article doesn't say anything about it yet, though they mention Middle-East and French release dates ðŸ˜•
Originally posted by axeion

Will the freaking thing ever release in the States? Their website or wiki article doesn't say anything about it yet, though they mention Middle-East and French release dates ðŸ˜•

It released in Canada.. The dollar dvds are available..😆
Originally posted by -ChillMahaul-

It released in Canada.. The dollar dvds are available..😆

What? Mail me one set, will you 'Bhabhi Jaan' ?
^ ðŸ˜†...Pullo Rani is your Bhabhi Ekta?
Originally posted by BheegiBasanti

^😆...Pullo Rani is your Bhabhi Ekta?

Haha, Jaya... The kid loves my brother (no, not some random e-brother... my cuz) so much that I call her Bhabhi Jaan once in a while to make her happy (and to get my work done 😉 )