Show has elements of Rebecca and Jane Eyre

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
In both stories a young girl is courted (Jane Eyre) or marries a wealth man (Rebecca) in both cases the man has a secret and it has something to do with his first wife. In the first case Jane Eyre has no idea that he is married and the in the second, she does. In both there is a housekeeper. In Jane Eyre she is a warm and friendly person but in Rebecca she is mysterious and rather menacing. She holds a mysterious past just like her husband...

In both stories, the guy did loved the girl...

Are we going to see shades of this in the show?

Have not seen the episode but it does make you wonder...did TVS have a mistress? Was he in love with the wife, the mistress...what happened to the wife? Is she really dead? We only have his word.

Mmm, makes you wonder doesn't it...
Edited by Laila2009 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daffodil81 thumbnail

Laila i think there is a lot more mystery to unfold but the story is moving too fast . In one episode only sugni confessed came to know vikram is married and also got to know the reason behind it.
I wish they slow down the pace a bit especially sugvi scenes.
chumki... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Laila2009

In both stories a young girl is courted (Jane Eyre) or marries a wealth man (Rebecca) in both cases the man has a secret and it has something to do with his first wife. In the first case Jane Eyre has no idea that he is married and the in the second, she does. In both there is a housekeeper. In Jane Eyre she is a warm and friendly person but in Rebecca she is mysterious and rather menacing. She holds a mysterious past just like her husband...

In both stories, the guy did loved the girl...

Are we going to see shades of this in the show?

Have not seen the episode but it does make you wonder...did TVS have a mistress? Was he in love with the wife, the mistress...what happened to the wife? Is she really dead? We only have his word.

Mmm, makes you wonder doesn't it...

u r absolutly right... i hav'nt seen jane eyre...but rebecca..yes it's my fav... let's see what else they do in PSH
Edited by chumki... - 11 years ago
atria thumbnail
Hmmm its slightly more Jane Eyre in the sense that the class difference was clearer there. Of course both stories had no SE to be kabab mein haddi. There are lots of different plots intertwining in this story, lets see how it turns out. Despite all the confusion, and of course the terrible miscasting of SE, I must admit the show does manage to hold our attention.😃
Laila2009 thumbnail
I pull this thread up because I am wondering even more if SugVi drama is going to be on the lines of this show...he is ready to get married to her? Something is NOT making sense. Surely the CVs have not changed the entire storyline and moved away from making TVS completey negative as they planned? They do not have to go forward with Adi-Sugni but to hold off on doing anything else?

Doesn't make sense.
-pixie- thumbnail
I dont think its either...I dunno why but I feel Vikram's character isn't as nice as he is made to be...some of his actions seem so out of sync with the rest of his characterization that I am wondering whether its a genuine clue that theres more to him than meets the eye or just mis-characterization!