Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

*mittu*

Goldie

*mittu*

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 6:17am | IP Logged
In last episode Madhuri commented on both Giaa and Pratyusha's performance that they did not lip sync. She said lip sync enhances expression while dancing. 

What do you guys think? Is lip sync really that important? I agree in bollywood style dances lip sync helps but what abt samba, cha cha, jive, waltz and contemporary? Is lip sync needed in these styles. When I see western dance shows they dont lip sync even in contemporary dances. They show pain, anger, love etc thru their expressions but they never lip sync.

I think lip sync is really not needed if expressions are there. I feel it is difficult to lip sync while performing ball room dances.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KALG_BizarreaanyakunatGoldenDew

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "lip sync" in Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

atria

Goldie

atria

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 6:31am | IP Logged
The thing is, they don't do proper ballroom. Mostly they use hindi songs and put in bollywood tadka according to the song, and I think its fair to expect lip sync in such cases. I think in some cases, lip sync would not be important, e.g. if the song described a state of mind and you showed that entirely through your expressions. But if the song is more like a dialogue, which hindi songs often are, and especially if one partner is lip-syncing (as definitely happened with Pratyusha, don't remember Gia's that much), then it looks odd that the other person is not doing it, or doing it occasionally. If they have the guts they should just go ahead and not do any lip-sync at all and say that it doesn't go with the dance form, but if they are doing it usually, and just miss some parts, that is a mistake and should be pointed out.

Edited by atria - 19 June 2012 at 6:33am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

*mittu*LeadNitrateaanyakunatTani91desicrowdDabulls23

KALG_Bizarre

KALG_Bizarre

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 6:34am | IP Logged

i als think lip sign is only needed in some part...I think Giaa's expression is justified though she didn't lip sign in some part...

*mittu*

Goldie

*mittu*

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 6:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by atria

The thing is, they don't do proper ballroom. Mostly they use hindi songs and put in bollywood tadka according to the song, and I think its fair to expect lip sync in such cases. I think in some cases, lip sync would not be important, e.g. if the song described a state of mind and you showed that entirely through your expressions. But if the song is more like a dialogue, which hindi songs often are, and especially if one partner is lip-syncing (as definitely happened with Pratyusha, don't remember Gia's that much), then it looks odd that the other person is not doing it, or doing it occasionally. If they have the guts they should just go ahead and not do any lip-sync at all and say that it doesn't go with the dance form, but if they are doing it usually, and just miss some parts, that is a mistake and should be pointed out.

I agree they should either lip sync completely or not do it. Pratyusha's dance would have been ok if there was no lip sync at all since it had a story. They did it half way so the comment was justified. I think the dancers can emote more if they are not concentrating on lip sync.

GoldenDew

IF-Sizzlerz

GoldenDew

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 11:07am | IP Logged
During live performance on stage it does look strange if there are wordings played along with the music and the dancer dances with a straight face without lip sync.. If its only instrumental its fine.. but if there are lyrics then one has to Lip sync to enhance the performance Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maneet_forever9

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Lip SYnc is important with Indian dance shows ..Although they use Ballroom or Latin dance few steps here and there they are not true dances...Its just to throw in some hand and butt movements...Footwork is really weak IMHO..So when any dance is done on hindi songs they must lip sync..

But I did not noice that abt Gia and Pratusha lip sync missing..Honestly..

Pratyusha was sooo graceful...Her body moved and flowed like a river ...She is pretty also..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitratedesicrowdGoldenDew

GundayVedant

IF-Sizzlerz

GundayVedant

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
It is indeed really important and when in case of Indian songs,... it will look so strange and awkward to dance in such songs having a straight face.!
If its a ball room dance or latin and if an instrumental music is being play then its fine.!
Lip Sync enhances ones performance..

Dabulls23

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
I think since we are so used to seeing in Bollywood movies the songs in playback and the actors lip syncing to them I feel we kind of expect that. Because in the American DWTS I don't think I've seen the contestants lip sync to the songs...mainly because the songs are performed by a live band.

For Partyusha I agree with whoever said that it was not noticed in her performance since there was so much movement

Edited by Tani91 - 19 June 2012 at 8:17pm

Dabulls23

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.