Adaalat

Ronit Roy models his cop on Vishwas Nangare-Patil!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Shruti

Coolbie

-Shruti

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 1:01am | IP Logged

Ronit Roy models his cop on Vishwas Nangare-Patil

By Subhash K. Jha ,Jun 18, 2012 - 01:15 hrs IST
#

The 'rave'-buster cop Vishwas Nangare-Patil has found a friend and ally in actor Ronit Roy. Ronit who won luminous laurels for playing the bullying father in Udaan, is now all set to play hard hitting agile cop in Sanjay Gupta's Shootout At Wadala. Interestingly, though Ronit plays real-life 'encounter' cop Raja Tambat, he has decided to model his character on cop Vishwas Nangre-Patil instead.

Nangre-Patil, an IP officer from the Maharashtra cadre is a local super-hero known to jump into dangerous situations without fear of the outcome.

Says Ronit, "After researching on Raja Tambat, I found that his body-language and spoken language didn't fit into my interpretation of the character. So I've decided to model my part of Raja Tambat on another cop that I know Vishwas Nangre-Patil. Vishwasji and I are on the same wave-length."

Interestingly, most of Ronit's cop scenes would be with Anil Kapoor who plays another real-life cop in Sanjay Gupta's film. Ronit and Anil go back a long way.

Says Ronit, "I know him from the time I used stay in Subhash Ghai Saab's place. Anil Bhaiyya was a regular visitor there, and a major source of inspiration. I'd frequently dreamt of working with him one day. And now I am! I am now waiting for a decent time to interact with Anil Bhaiyya over my role."

Edited by -Shruti - 19 June 2012 at 1:02am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

meera19Raima36blahblahsayeshakdPrincess13.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ronit Roy models his cop on Vishwas Nangare-Patil!" in Adaalat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Shruti

Coolbie

-Shruti

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Ronit Roy gives up alcohol for 'ogle-worthy physique'

Rishi Kapoor plays a gay dean who's attracted to the sports coach in Karan Johar's 'Student Of The Year'. What comes as surprise is Ronit Roy's dedication to getting the part of the lust-object dead right.

Ronit has completely given up drinking to get into perfect shape for a sequence shot in Thailand earlier this month where Rishi's character was to ogle at Ronit. It shot as part of the leading man Varun Dhawan's elder brother's wedding in Koh Samui.

When contacted Ronit seemed shy of discussing the sequence.

"Yes, it was a scene where I, the sports coach, play volleyball with my students on the beach in Koh Samui while Chintuji's character ogles at me. It was very important for me to have an ogle-worthy physique. But while the students are bare-bodied, I have a baniyan (vest) on," said Ronit who has a fine physique.

However, Ronit insists that the off-drinks policy for 'Student Of The Year' was not only dictated by the ogle-quotient required of his physique.

"I play a sports coach and I am constantly with people younger and fitter than me like Varun Dhawan and Siddharth Malhotra, etc. So, it was important for me to look my fittest. Also, since I was playing a teacher it seemed immoral to drink on the job," said the actor who won lot of appreciation for playing a strict father in 'Udaan'.

Source: IANS

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

meera19blahblahsayeshakdPrincess13.

ayeshakd

ayeshakd

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Thanx for articles

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Shruti

-Shruti

Coolbie

-Shruti

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 3:12am | IP Logged
"Yes, it was a scene where I, the sports coach, play volleyball with my students on the beach in Koh Samui while Chintuji's character ogles at me. It was very important for me to have an ogle-worthy physique. But while the students are bare-bodied, I have a baniyan
(vest) on," said Ronit who has a fine physique.

GeekStern SmileDead

Princess13.

Goldie

Princess13.

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Thank you for posting these articles on the forum Big smile Big smile

-Shruti

Coolbie

-Shruti

Posted: 19 June 2012 at 9:13am | IP Logged
You're most welcome!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post: