ll~l*Adaalat Articles Archive - No Comments!*l~ll - Page 5

Posted: 10 years ago

Two new lawyers to spice up courtroom drama in Adaalat!

Watch out for more courtroom drama with two new lawyers.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 | 2:06:44 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   2 Comments  |  1122 Views

Contiloe Entertainment's Adaalat on Sony TVhas been enthralling its fans with the most intriguing episodes and resolving the most toughest of case. Ronit Bose Roy who plays KD Pathak, an advocate and Romit Raj who essays the role of KD Pathak's assistance.

Our source informs us that, "The show will now add two more lawyers in the show so that it becomes all the more interesting.The show will now have a proper defense from both the ends - the accused as well as the defendant. The court room drama will be all the more interesting."

When contacted, the Producer Abhimanyu Singh he confirmed saying, "Yes, we are adding two new people in the show, as it's the need of the hour, the constant entries keep on happening, but these two actors will be there permanently."

Keep reading this space or more updates on TellyBuzz.

Srman Jain & Prerna Wanvari to join Adaalat

Contiloe Telefilm's courtroom drama Adaalat aired on Sony has been in the news lately, thanks to the two new entries expected to join advocate KD Pathak (Ronit Roy) on the show. 

Srman Jain & Prerna Wanvari join KD on Adaalat

And according to some reliable sources we hear that actors Srman Jain of Saas Bina Sasural [and Chhanchhan] fame and Prerna Wanvari last seen in Parichay will be entering the show.

Sources inform that KD Pathak will have two new members to help him investigate and crack the toughest of criminal cases. Srman Jain will play the role of a undercover cop whereas Prerna Wanvari will play KD's assistant.
'Adaalat' is not a show about black court, white shirts: Ronit

'Adaalat' is not a show about black court, white shirts: Ronit

'Adaalat' is introducing two new characters in the show, to maintain the track record of the defence lawyer KD Pathak of winning all the cases. A boy, who is good at computers, surveillance and other technical requirements for investigation, will be played by Srman Jain. A girl, who is an investigative journalist, has all the traits in right proportion to be one of the KD's team, will be played by Prerna Wanvari, tells Ronit Roy.

Roy, when asked about reality of the show, comments, "It is not a show about black court and white shirts. We don't believe in teaching law to the audiences but to entertain them and teach them a lesson of truth."

KD Pathak is an over-the-top character, who even risks his life to bring out the truth in the courtroom. To make it very close to real, he added, "Other than the script, I add my part of the story too, at the end, either in the form of joke or a social message, which has now become a format of the show."

He says, "We have introduced superstition based episodes too, in an attempt to break those stereotypes of "dhongi-babas" and encourage people to believe in truth."

"Many mothers wrote to me, that their children do not understand the meaning of those cliche hindi words. My children also ask me baba what does that word mean. But, I make sure that when I use Hindi, I explain it in English and simplify it for the audiences," Ronit told TOI.

Adaalat is a courtroom drama, on Sony TV where Ronit Roy plays the lead as an unconventional lawyer, KD Pathak. The show has fascinated millions due to Ronit Roy's phenomenal performance and Arshad Sayyed's inquisitive stories, and has been dubbed into Bengali also.

Mandar Jadhav & Vishal Thakkar in Adaalat

Contiloe Telefilm's is all geared to launch anexciting supernatural natural series Adaalat- Khauff Ki Adaalat on Sony Entertainment Television. 

The show which shows interesting court-room dramas will feature actors Mandar Jadhav and Vishal Thakkar.

Sources inform that the episode will revolve around a story based in Hyderabad. Actors Mandar Jadhav and Vishal Thakkar will play friends on the show and one of their friends will get killed in some mysterious circumstances. Mandar, who plays the role of Saket will get accused of the murder of his friend and KD Pathak (Ronit Roy) will defend him in the court. There will also be a supernatural angle to the story with Jinn being involved in the story. It will be two special two episodes story and will be aired next week. 

When contacted, Mandar said, "Yes, I am doing the Adaalat. This is for the third time I am doingan episode of Adaalat and it feels great to be a part of it. It is always a pleasure to work withRonit sir as it's a great learning experience while working with him." 
Adaalat gets a supernatural twist!

Adaalat gets a supernatural twist!

Sony Entertainment Television's investigative legal drama 'Adaalat' is all set for a mystic twist. 'Khauff Ki Adaalat' - a four week long supernatural series will showcase stories that will make chills run down your spine! 

And that's not all; the witty and sharp K.D.Pathak will be joined by two new subordinates to help him unravel the cases. Prerna Wanvari and Srman Jain have been roped in to assist K.D. Pathak in his cases. 

Ronit Roy alias K D Pathak along with two bright minds, will be seen combating the supernatural forces, not to forget his courtroom acumen. First to join forces with K D Pathak is the beautiful Prerna Wanwari who essays the role of Sunaina, a law graduate who comes to assist K D Pathak.

Sunaina is completely in awe of KD and always wants to do things right to impress him. On the other hand Samar played by Srman Jainis a history sheeter, street smart and a complete charmer.

Inspired by KD Pathak, Samar joins him to fight against crime. Samar doesn't mind bending a few rules to get done what he wants, as long as the end result is achieved. Samar and Sunaina form an interesting combination as they are as different as chalk and cheese.

These thrilling and exciting episodes will be packed with suspense, research and investigation - all set to make your weekends eerie and unnerving.An excited Ronit Roy said, "I am very excited for this supernatural series and I'm sure the audiences will love it too. These cases will surely spook the audience but in an entertaining way."
Insaaf ka doosra naam - K D Pathak will be up against some supernatural forces that will require his suave and quirky intervention to resolve the cases. ' Khauff ki Adaalat' will be KD and his team's brush with stories that will be not just be compelling but mystifying and seemingly unexplainable too. This gripping and high-octane drama series will explore stories centred on paranormal activities, urban legends and close encounters with ghosts.

Romit Raj feels ecstatic on meeting his favourite Disney characters

Summary: Romit Raj is a doting father to his one year old daughter Reha. While we were chatting with him about his angelic daughter, he informed us that he, his wife and his daughter Reha had met Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck for the very first time a few days ago. Interestingly, this meeting did not happen abroad in Disney World but in India. Romit explained, "We met them in Mumbai. They came for a Mumbai tour. My wife Tina works with UTV Disney and she got to know that Disney characters are coming to Mumbai. So Tina and me were very excited to introduce Reha to the real Mickey Mouse and we finally met him. As parents we were more excited than Reha." He plans to go on a trip with his family to Disney World in Florida next year. We are sure that they will have fun of a lifetime out there.
I am having a love affair with my audience: Ronit Roy

I am having a love affair with my audience: Ronit Roy

Ronit Roy needs no introduction. The actor who is currently riding high on the success of his films Udaan, SOTY, SAW and has earlier played powerful roles like Mihir Virani,
Mr. Bajaj, Dharamraj on the small screen has come a long way. 

In an exclusive chat with TOI, the actor who plays advocate KD Pathak in Sony TV's courtroom drama talks about his work, colleagues and the change in television industry.

Tell us something about the new supernatural series Khauff Ki Adaalat?
It's a month long supernatural twist in Adaalat and we are still in the process of shooting. Law is dealt with law books, logic and intelligence and not by supernatural powers and in the capacity of being such a lawyer, KD is not endorsing the supernatural stories. The upcoming episodes will basically highlight stories on how supernatural stuff is used by various people, Babas through their tricks, magic. So in the supernatural realm it will be the breaking of a myth. 

Does Ronit Roy believe in supernatural? For that you will have to define supernatural. There are spirits that are good and bad. Also there are lots of reasons why they are there. I believe in life after death but is that what you call supernatural or what you see in movies is supernatural? If there is a word called natural then there is supernatural too. I do believe that every living being has supernatural element inside them plainly because our body is made out of five elements Air, Water, Fire, Earth and Sky. I believe in spirits that's why people say that let the spirit never die. I may not be in person but my spirit will always be there and our spirit is supernatural. 

Off late, we have not seen you in daily soaps? I don't have the time to work in daily soaps. It's not that am concentrating more on films because in the past two years after Udaan, I have done only four films SOTY, SAW, UGLY and BOSS. And for all these films, I was just needed for 20-25 days. So it was a total of 100 days in a year. Earlier when I did TV, I used to go home in 10 days but now I have kids at home and if I continue to do that, my children won't even talk to me. I still work 12 hrs a day, 30 days in a month but if I do daily soaps along with this schedule, I will have to bring 60 days in a month. 

Do you miss being part of a daily soap? No. I am on TV and my audience is there. The amount of time to make a 45 min per day, 90 min a week programming for a thriller takes the same time as doing a daily soap of 23 minutes every day for 5 days. I shoot 20-25 days a month. 

Which shows do you watch on TV? I sometimes watch Mahadev but I have just watched it in bits and pieces as my wife watches it. I sometime like watching international thrillers as more than viewing it's for educating myself. Basically it is to figure out what we are missing out, how we can correct ourselves, for standards, to see their writing pattern, their performances and their storylines. So it's more of research and development rather than entertainment viewing. 

Is there any American show that you would like to remake? There are so many fabulous shows like Prison Break. Anil Bhaiya (Kapoor) is adapting 24 but our hands are tied up very badly because if we ask the makers of American shows to work within our parameters, they won't be able to do programming. They do R & D and writing for 3 months, then pre-productions for two months followed by actors reading and workshops. So 5 months is just pre-productions then 5 months is shooting time and post production. When their season goes on-air, the rest of the time they are developing. 

However, we have a different working pattern. For a show like Adaalat which is running for almost three years, we are delivering every week and that to at one tenth of the budget, which is great. CID has been running since past 16 years without any break - it's a mammoth task to deliver. 

How much has TV changed in the last 10 years? Frankly speaking quality has not increased! Whatever I see today on TV is almost the same as what we did in 2000-2001. The daily soaps that I did that time; I find the same thing running even today. Some people have managed to bring quality via content but, more or less, everything is same. 

Tell us something about your film Boss with Akshay Kumar? When I heard the script, the first thing that I said was I cannot do it. But Akshay called me up personally and I shared my problem with him. I told him that you are Akshay Kumar and I am Mihir, Mr.Bajaj on TV - an old man. You have a different personality - you have fought with WWF wrestlers in your films. However, he then assured me that everything will be fine. There is some mind blowing action in the film. Apni taraf se I did whatever I can do. While working on this film, I got to learn about different type of fitness regime. The level of body building I did was much more serious, as I had to put on muscle. I worked out for 12 weeks and did 3 months of hardcore bodybuilding. I am glad that Akshay was very happy with the result. 

Do you regret on missing out on the Hollywood film Zero Dark Thirty? Kathryn Bigelowis an Oscar winning director and this year also her film was nominated for Oscars. But as I was committed to SOTY, I couldn't do Zero Dark Thirty and when I saw the film, I was little upset ki kash kar liya hota. But then these things happen. 

You have had several popular and memorable characters on TV. What is that one thing about you that connects you to the audience? I think I am having a love affair with my audience. I love them, they love me and over the years my audience has grown. My audiences know that if Ronit is coming up with something on TV it has to be entertaining and even I don't want to let them down. Whether, it is a cookery show Kitchen Champion where we did so many new things or some other show. Over the years more and more people have started watching me.

If you will watch my twitter or facebook page, you will realize that I have a serious audience who loves me from places like Macedonia, Tunisia and Serbia. Which Indian TV actor will have fans from a place like Serbia? So it's my destiny that I have got an opportunity to be a part of some fantastic shows. People watch my shows on Youtube and keep asking me for DVD. I have suggested Sony TV to sell Adaalat on home video. 

Falaq Naaz & Bakul Thakkar in Adaalat

Falaq Naaz & Bakul Thakkar in Adaalat
Makers of Adaalat (Contiloe Telefilm's) aired on Sony Entertainment Television never ceases to surprise its viewers.

After a variety of exciting series, the creative team is now all set to launch Khauff Ki Adaalat and actors Falaq Naaz and Bakul Thakkar will play important roles.

Sources inform that the story will revolve around a werewolf and series of murders. Bakul has been roped into play the role of a professor who gets accused of murders and Falaq who essays his assistant will come to his rescue. She will play the character of Rubia, an innocent girl who seeks KD Pathak's ( Ronit Roy) help to fight his boss's case. The actors have already started shooting and the story will be a two hour special episode.

When contacted, Falaq said, "Yes, I am doing the show and it's always a pleasure to work with the team of Adaalat. I can't comment anything on the story line but all I can say at this point of time is that it's a very interesting story."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Falaq-Naaz-Bakul-Thakkar-in-Adaalat/articleshow/20818754.cms

A "werewolf" episode is upcoming on Sony TV's Adaalat

Summary: A werewolf is a human being believed to have been transformed into a wolf or to be capable of assuming the form of a wolf. Though the werewolf concept can be traced to European mythology, it has gained acceptance on Indian soil too. In an upcoming episode of Sony Entertainment Television's Adaalat (Contiloe Entertainment), a scientist who is researching on werewolves will be transformed into one. The lawyers will demonstrate as to how a person changes into this ominous beast. Rajesh Ranshinge who is an expert at directing supernatural and detective fiction is directing this special episode. We asked him as to why supernatural episodes seem to be in high demand not just on his series but on many other TV serials on Indian television of late. He replied, "These episodes thrill viewers as they are always on a quest for the unknown." Romit Raj who plays Varun Zaveri on the series seems to have had the experience of a lifetime during the shooting of this episode. He said, "In the film titled Junoon by Mahesh Bhatt, I would have loved to play the tiger. Episodes like these excite me. I was closely watching the directors as they were directing this Adaalat episode."

Ronit Roy is like my idol: Srman Jain

The handsome Srman Jain was in for a surprise when he was asked to join the team of Sony TV's Adaalat (Contiloe Productions). The actor will soon be seen playing an assistant to the talented lawyer KD Pathak (Ronit Roy). The actor is really excited to be a part of the project, and most importantly, to work with Ronit. Says he, "For me, Ronit Roy is like an idol; it is a great feeling to work with him. My mother, rather being happy about me being a part of the show, was super excited about me working with him." Srman, whose character was supposed to be named Samar initially, was changed by Ronit, who felt that Srman was a much better name. Talking about his character, Srman avers, "I play a small time criminal and a complete street smart jugadu banda. He knows how to get things done by his own methods." His character, like him in real life, will be in awe of KD and he will join his team to turn over a new leaf from his small time thug-ness. "He is good at heart, but if things do not happen the right way, he knows how to crook his way to achieve it. He smartly wins over people with his charming and naughty attitude, sometimes even going astray with law and order." The tapoori character, Srman feels, needed no preparation, as that side is prominent in every person. "I will get to wear normal casual clothes and sport a smart attitude. What else could I have wanted?" he asks.