Harry Potter

Quotes

Fred and George Weasley

* "Make way for the heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through..."
* "You two just apparated on my knees!"
   "Yeah, well, its harder in the dark--"
* "We tried to shut him in a pyramid, but Mom spotted us."-George
* "Has Ron saved a goal yet?" asked Hermione
   " Well he can do it if he thinks no one is watching him," Said Fred rolling his eyes, "So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves everytime the Quaffle goes up on his end Saturday."
* "Hey look, Harry's got a Weasley sweater too!" Fred and George were wearing blue sweaters one with a large yellow "F" on it and the other with a "G".
"Harry's is better than our's though" Fred said holding up Harry's sweater. "She obvioudsly makes more effort if you're not family."
"Why aren't you wearing your's, Ron?" George demanded. "C'mon put it on they're ;ovely and warm."
"I hate maroon." Ron moaned half-heartedly as he pulled it over his shoulder.
"You haven't gotten a letter on your's." George observed. "I suppose she thinks that you don't forget your name. But we are not stupid-we know we are called Gred and Forge."

Eloquent IF-Veteran Member
Eloquent
Eloquent

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:31am | IP Logged
lolz....i love fred n george's jokes1 thanx 4 posting!
girlpower Senior Member
girlpower
girlpower

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:36am | IP Logged

Harry Potter

* "Pity you can't attach and extra arm to yours, Malfoy. Then it could catch the snitch for you."
* "I don't go looking for trouble, trouble usually finds me."
* "Are you insane? Of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When Can I move in?
* "You can't give a dementor an old one-two!"
* "He will only be gone from the school when none are loyal to him."
* "It's just hard, to realize that he won't write to me again."
* "Dumbledore's man through and through. That's right."
* "Wow...look at that...he's not here now! So why not have a go? They might be able to find you a double cell with your loser of a husband."
* "Warrington's aim is so pathetic I'd be more worried if he'd be aiming for the person next to me."
* "I like a quiet life, you know me."
* "And they'd love to have me. We'd be best pals if they didn't keep trying to do me in."
* "SHE KILLED SIRIUS! SHE KILLED HIM-I"LL KILL HER!"

Eloquent IF-Veteran Member
Eloquent
Eloquent

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by girlpower

Harry Potter

* "Pity you can't attach and extra arm to yours, Malfoy. Then it could catch the snitch for you."
* "I don't go looking for trouble, trouble usually finds me."
* "Are you insane? Of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When Can I move in?
* "You can't give a dementor an old one-two!"
* "He will only be gone from the school when none are loyal to him."
* "It's just hard, to realize that he won't write to me again."
* "Dumbledore's man through and through. That's right."
* "Wow...look at that...he's not here now! So why not have a go? They might be able to find you a double cell with your loser of a husband."
* "Warrington's aim is so pathetic I'd be more worried if he'd be aiming for the person next to me."
* "I like a quiet life, you know me."
* "And they'd love to have me. We'd be best pals if they didn't keep trying to do me in."
* "SHE KILLED SIRIUS! SHE KILLED HIM-I"LL KILL HER!"

U missed this one:

Harry to Snape: "There's no need to call me Sir, Professor" LOL
girlpower Senior Member
girlpower
girlpower

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:55am | IP Logged

Ron Weasley

* I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco, the amazing bouncing ferret.
* Viktor? Hasn't he asked you to call him Vicky yet?
* Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow
Turn this stupid, fat, rat yellow!
* Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told the other two about Snape's , sudden, sinister desire to become a Quidditch referee.
"Don't play" said Hermione at once
Say you're ill." Said Ron
"Pretend to break your leg." Hermione suggested
Really break your leg." said Ron.
*" But why has she got to go to the library?"
"Because thats what Hermione does. When in doubt,go to te library.
* Percy won't recognise a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea-cozy.
* "I've got two Neptunes here," said Harry, staring down on his parchment. "That can;'t be right, can it?"
"Aaah," said Ron imitating Prof. Trelawney's mystical whisper, "When 2 Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry..."
* "What's that?" asked Ron, pointing at a dish which contained some sort of shellfish stew.
"Bouillabaisse." said Hermione
"Bless you." Said ron
* "Did I tell you I've invented a broomstick that'll reach Jupiter." 

girlpower Senior Member
girlpower
girlpower

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:56am | IP Logged
yeah, should've writte dat, its da best. LOL
girlpower Senior Member
girlpower
girlpower

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 6:04am | IP Logged

Hermione Granger

"Oh Harry, don't you see? If she could have done one thing to make absolutely sure that every single person in this school will read your interview, it was banning it!"

--------------------------------------------------

Hermione drew herself to her full height; her eyes were narrowed and her hair seemed to crackle with electricity.
"No," she said, her voice quivering with anger, "but I will write to your mother."
"You wouldn't," said George, horrified, taking a step back from her.
"Oh, yes, I would," said Hermione grimly. "I can't stop you from eating the stupid things yourself, but you're not giving them to first years."
Fred and George looked thunderstruck. It was clear that as far as they were concerned, Hermione's threat was way below the belt.

They were so busy that Hermione had stopped knitting elf hats and was fretting that she was down to her last three.
"All those poor elves I haven't set free yet, having to stay over during Christmas because there aren't enough hats!"

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have."

"Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"

"The fates have informed me that your examination in June will concern the Orb, and I am anxious to give you sufficient practice.
Hermione snorted.
"Well honestly. . . 'the fates have informed her'. . . Who sets the exam? She does!"

"Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?"

"Malfoy's got detention! I could sing."

"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good is it? I've tried a few simple spells myself and they've all worked for me. Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, it's the best school of witchcraft there is I've heard - I've learned all the course books by heart of course. I just hope it will be enough - I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?"

""I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed-or worse, expelled. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to bed."

---------------------------------------------------

"It matters because being able to talk to snakes was what Salazar Slytherin was famous for. That's why the symbol for Slytherin house is a serpent."

"Ron," said Hermione in a dignified voice, "you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet."

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent."

"Please, Professor McGonagall--they were looking for me."
"Miss Granger!"
Hermione had managed to get to her feet at last. "I went looking for the troll because I--I thought I could deal with it on my own--you know, because I've read all about them."

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"

"There you are! Where have you been? The most ridiculous rumors--someone said you'd been expelled for crashing a flying car--"
"Well, we haven't been expelled," Harry assured her.
"You're not telling me you did fly here?" said Hermione, sounding almost as severe as Professor McGonagall.
"Skip the lecture," said Ron impatiently, "and tell us the new password."
"It's 'wattlebird,'" said Hermione impatiently, "but that's not the point--"

"Harry, you'd better beat him in the Quidditch final!" Hermione said shrilly. "You'd just better had, because I can't stand it if Slytherin wins!"

"Grawp's about sixteen feet tall, enjoys ripping up twenty-foot pine trees, and knows me," she [Hermione] snorted, "as Hermy."

"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"

girlpower Senior Member
girlpower
girlpower

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 6:06am | IP Logged

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

"I've been able to see them ever since my first year here. They've always pulled the carriages. Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am."

"There are plenty of eyewitness accounts, just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you --"

"It's good, isn't it? I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent to represent Slytherin, you know, but there wasn't time. Anyway...good luck, Ronald!"

"Dad's reprinting! He can't believe it, he says people seem even more interested in this than the Crumple-Horned Snorkacks!"

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

"Oh, come on. You heard them, just behind the veil, didn't you? They were just lurking out of sight, that's all. You heard them."

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends."

"Nobody's ever asked me to a party before, as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine, too?"

"The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're working from within to bring down the Ministry of Magic using a combination of Dark magic and gum disease."

"A Wrackspurt - they're invisible, they float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy," she said. "I thought I felt one zooming around in here."

"Yes," said Luna simply, "My mother. She was a quite an extraordinary witch, you know, but she did like to experiment and one of her spells went rather badly wrong one day. I was nine."

Go to top