•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Hello friends,

Most of the members of IF are teenagers and that made me think about the moral side of the JJKN soap serial. What message this serial is giving to the blooming buds of tomorrow? I can't see any other than a certain knowledge about what shouldn't be done. Now a days I have a habit of relating every thing to children. So heregoes my thoughts.

1. If I have a son, Would I like my son to be Arman?

NO. I would like a son with Arman's charm and goodlooks and perhaps his current character. But as a whole package, I wouldn't like my son to go through and do all the stupid things in life Arman did and burn himself badly to become good. I definitely do not want my son to hurt an innocent girl so badly that she loses all her sense in revenge.

OR Purab...

definitely a no no........ I would like to have a down to earth son than one straight from heaven and stupid enough to put his head in a nooze of unreturned love. I know what  he is destined for the rest of his life.

Aryan..........

You must be joking...

2. And If I have a daughter?

Jassi/Jassica............ A definite nono.... I would like a daughter who can stand on her feet and shout out 'aloud that the king is naked' than one who uses deceit as a weapon to get things done. Never a girl who allows others to treat her as a doormat.

Mallika.......is so evil I don't want such a daughter even to my enemy.(I don't have enemies)

And the forecasted messages are:

1. If your Boss is handsome, fall in love with him.

2. Looks matters more than brains.

3. NOn lookers should commit mass suicide. You won't survive in this world.

4. Every boy should learn the art of cheating on women.

5.Every girl should learn to exploit boyfriends who love them to the maximum.

6. When your family is in trouble,peep through the windows and cry.

7. If you become a model, you can solve all your problems

8. If you are rich and beautiful, you can snub anybody you want.

I hope our new generation is sensible enough not to fall for these misleading ideas.

(Just joking. I can't be serious for more than 5 minutes at a stretch.)

Very well said.  But I don't think that anyone should expect to get life lessons from JJKN.

Everyone should know this is just entertainment, and should take for what it is.  Have a few good laughs, cry, get a little excited and then move on.

Armaan was a cheater and Jessica had a makeover, those were two big negative factors, then on flip side you see a that the same Jessica was doing all this for her family not for the heck of it and Armaan being a changed man after being a play boy. 

If I had a kid, I would tell him or her to watch the show and understand  Jassi's life only in the show.  "Don't even attempt to relate it to your life. The same thing may or may not happne to you, but you will have to make your own personal decision depending on your own personal situation and your time." 

This is just a TV show..... Not eveyone's life, upbrining, or enviornmnet is the same.  How we generalize and say that " JJKN has no life lessions to learn from, no one is a role model on the show"

The big life lession that I get, if I was even looking for it in JJKN, is that people make mistakes a lot of them, but then they have opportunities to better themselves.  People some times change for better or some times for worse.

Look at the big change in Armaan.....his father is proud of the fact that he now going to work hard and rectify his mistakes.....  So what's wrong with that life lesson?

Not every story has to have some great message or life lesson. 

Thanks

Oh Actually Bluelotus, there is a great message in JJKN....

This is that even a hunk like Armaan can fall for a girl like Jassi.  Looks don't matter in matter of the heart.😳

thanks peaches.......That great message you talked about........

I know that for a fact from ny own life.😉

And matters of the heart are very much dangerous when young kids jump from fantacy world straight out in to the sea of life.

i dont bout learing nething from the show, if i actually started paying attention to the stupid things they pull, i'll probably become something lik T n D, but thankfully, my eyes only watch armann and only armann, blocking all else.....try it soemtimes, it works wonders for me!!😉

Bluelotus....it's so true!

I understand that finding true love is a blessing and I for one hope it will happen to me too soon.

But I hope it happens in a way that I don't become so blind that i forget or dismiss the other things in my life that are so important to me.

What makes love so powerful that it makes you forget all your other responsibilites, I mean we all love our families, but in this day in age they have become second priortiy.  Not that this relates to JJKN totally.....but we can see shades of that in Armaan.  He shouldn't have to be soon involved in Jassi's family's life, or keep looking for her.  He has promised his father that he would get GM back on track.  The staff memebers are going hungry.

Sorry for getting side tracked!!!

AAH THATS REALLY SWEET BLUELOTUS 😃, NICE TO KNOW THAT PPL ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WATCH RATHER THAN TAKE EVERYTHING AT FACE VALUE.

I DONT THINK THAT BLUELOTUS OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER WAS EXPRESSING HOW SHE LEARNS LIFES LESSONS FROM WATCHING JJKN, BUT I THINK YOUVE PUT UP A REALLY NICE COLLECTION OF THOUGHTS.

NICE TOPIC 😉

JOTS😃