Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 17 June 2012 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Hi Guys 
I just HAD to write this OS for fathers day so Happy Fathers Day to all!

Even though i should be studying for exams right now i just had to get this idea out LOL
Mauka bhi hai dastoor bhi hai so I thought why not?Big smile

Also i would like to share some of the scenes/lines are from real lifeEmbarrassed
Enjoy!

One Shot: My Pride

Ding Dong

It echoed, the echo which could be heard by thousands, miles away, as the big hand met the small one and the two struck twelve in unison

The day had finally arrived. The day that she waited for years was finally here. All those days filled with tears, smiles, endless laughter were remembered by each.

All those memories, all those days when they had broken the rules, skipped classes, failed tests on purpose, made up answers just to check if it works, came flashing in front of their eyes, same eyes which glowed of happiness moments ago became misty due to the sentimental attachment they shared with each other and this place. The thought of leaving it all behind pained them but at the same time they were proud of their achievements.

As each achiever in their black robe received the white roll enclosed by a red ribbon felt a sense of satisfaction and mentally did a cartwheel unable to contain the happiness.

While everyone was gathered on the cemented front of the prestigious institution the achievers in black threw their square caps, symbolic of their struggle and achievements jumping in the air, feeling the whiz of freedom hitting their cheeks which now flushed with pride and smiles that reached their earlobes.

"baba!!!" a girl in her mid twenties wearing the black robe carrying a bunch of certificates ran towards her father and embraced him in a tight hug.

He held her in his arms and felt the sweet smell of pride the soft silky black material that covered his daughter gave.

"Congratulations" he said with teary eyed. Tears of joy, tears of seeing his little miracle all grown up and successful.

"Baba I did it'I..di..did it" she stammered as she said those words couldn't believing herself that she had finally fulfilled her dad's dream, something she thought she couldn't do or would fail if she tried.

"yes you did it..and I cant possibly express how happy I am" he said cupping her face and giving away a 100 watt smile.

"You have fulfilled my dream sweetheart, the dream that I saw on the day you were born, you have always been the reason of my pride, and if today you didn't achieve all this you would still have made me proud by just being the daughter I always wanted"

"thank you baba" she said while hugging her father and best friend one more time.

Arnav's little girl had finally graduated from Harvard Medcial School, a place where he went and wanted his girl to go there and make him proud. And today she had not only fulfilled his one wish but also the dream he saw of her becoming a doctor, the caring and soft natured girl he brought up was meant to be a doctor he thought

"Khushi im telling you she will become a doctor one day and make her parents proud, she's meant to be a doctor" he would say to his beloved wife when the two took Sameera to play in the park and she would always offer her ice cream to the kid who would get injured on the swings, having a hope that maybe it would heal his pain.

And today she had proved him right, all those years no one but him had faith in her all along, strong faith that took her to the heights of success.

She had remembered the days when she would lose all her faith due to bad school days and end up crying when he would assure that it was okay and every thing will be fine

She remembered when she thought she failed her biology exam and cried all day long and upon finding his daughter's state he had cancelled all his meetings and rushed home running to her room, because he knew he could make it better and he would. He knew no matter what problem his daughter faced he would make sure he fixed it

"bas itni si baat thi? And I thought kahin aag lag gayi hai, I could have gotten a heart attack" he said while hugging her from the side while she rubbed her eyes and chukled at his attempts to lighten her mood

"no big deal, its just an exam right? So what if you failed its ok and besides you wouldn't fail, you studied so hard for this how can you fail? I will go to the high court if I have to for this matter" he had said in such a serious tone which made her laugh instantly

"thank you baba "she said as she felt the comfort she needed all these hours of crying.

Normally it's the mothers that kids want to see first but in Sameera's case it was her father, despite her mothers countless attempts she wouldn't stop crying until her dear father had a comforting talk with her

To the world he may seem like a cold man, with a heart of stone but to her he was just the person she wanted to see in her times of crisis.

"yeah yeah forget your mother now" said Khushi rolling her eyes as the father and daughter completely got lost in their emotionally moment. Well it wasn't the first time; Khushi was used to this now. However it took her to cloud nine seeing the guy who didn't even know the meaning of emotions shared such deep sentiments with his daughter.

"Maa" Sameera said pulling her mother into a big hug with a hearty smile.

"Congratulations meri jaan" Khushi said cupping her right cheek while kissing the other one

The three went to Sameera's favorite restaurant as Arnav had decided today was her day and the whole day would be planned according to Sameeras liking.

As each finished their platters, wiping his mouth with the white napkin Arnav prepared Sameera for the big surprise

"close your eyes now" he said smiling a little, loving the glint he could create in her eyes by a few words of his, no matter how much he thanked God he wouldn't be able to for this wonderful gift he had given him.

"baba?? "she said in a curious tone smiling all the while, expectations of what to come next clear in her eyes.

As soon as he brought out the red box glowing with a dull silver colored ribbon, he began his speech

"you have never ever asked me for anything but I know you want this and I know you were probably planning to buy it with your own income as usual and thinking how you are grown up to put any demands infront of me, but I want you to have this"

As soon as she opened her eyes her jaw dropped followed by a wide smile in awe, upon seeing a silver car key

"How did you know baba?" she said with loving eyes that thanked in a million ways

"What kind of a best friend doesn't know what his friend wants?" he said while she jumped on him, giving him the warmest hug in appreciation and gratitude

"thank you baba, thank you so much"

The day had ended with the biggest celebration of her life with the two most important people of her life, Sameera placed the key safely in her metal chest with all the other important belongings and placed her certificates in the drawer safe and sound thanking the stars and the Gods for blessing her with such amazing parents she wished for their well being and slept with a smile, hinting at the bright days to come in the future

Thank You for reading!

dont forget to like/commentLOL

Edited by -Grace- - 17 June 2012 at 10:31pm

The following 46 member(s) liked the above post:

rbadheyharini19VultureTalonKhushixoxoprayasbanetta10piyushiruchshahmaloseMaankiMariamshrutiavmjshreya16random94Devilwaysos112801inluvwivARHISim1234Diaphanous-tanya96-Avi64ankii543-Siaa-ArhiIPKKNDgom3090seabeauty1mangaloreinajnarArhi_2205ongongongPhoenixTearsKareena1994kamalapushpa-Prithi-SmileyStaralishhhtia.oameena671Prasanthidebby_11ashred12ShiningStar18sarunholic_arhisindhyaa.romiebee2002Preet.KcHeavenlyBliss.OnlyHope

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OS: My Pride |Happy Fathers Day|" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 17 June 2012 at 10:05pm | IP Logged

* if you wish to receive PMs for my updates LIKE this post
if you dont want to get PMs and you name is in this list please dont hesitate to let me know i promise i wont mindLOL 
* also PMs for this one will be sent later, kinda busy right now LOL

Pm List

InvisibleSmile
OnlyHope
SmileyStar
-Siaa-

Edited by -Grace- - 18 June 2012 at 2:38am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mahi530Sim1234-Siaa-ongongongsindhyaa.HeavenlyBliss.

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 17 June 2012 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by OnlyHope

That was SWEEET...sucha diff approach which no one has probably thought of..OR written for that matter..I LOVED it...the emotions you portrayed thru words were so beautiful...Arnav's happiness in seeing his princess as a doc..his little princess grown up making his dreams come trueee *sigh* truly, what a moment that is! And Khushi's usual kind heartedness...ahhh SO happy to read this thanksss Iqra *big tight hug

Edited by -Grace- - 19 June 2012 at 1:56am

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 17 June 2012 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
reserved3

romiebee2002

IF-Sizzlerz

romiebee2002

Posted: 18 June 2012 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Big smile This was a really nice read IQ 

Good work~!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Grace-

SmileyStar

IF-Rockerz

SmileyStar

Posted: 18 June 2012 at 1:31am | IP Logged
GUESS WHO?! =D

*EDITED*

Awww! Was that sweet or what?! =D

I Simply LOVED it!! It was soo cute! Awww Arnav with a grown up daughter... Cuteness overload! :) He probably now looks like how he looked in Lavanya's dream! With streaks of gray hair! Hahaha :) Mind you, he still looked hot :)

And Sameera calls him baba! I find it sooo cute when children call their dads that. And it was soo cute how she was so close to her dad! Awww!

It was Amazing Iqra and very well written too of course! And the best part is you said you included some real lines from life. And. That. Is. ADORABLE! :)   

Edited by SmileyStar - 18 June 2012 at 2:31am

-Grace-

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 18 June 2012 at 2:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SmileyStar

GUESS WHO?! =D

*EDITED*

Awww! Was that sweet or what?! =D Sweet is u my friend

I Simply LOVED it!! It was soo cute! Awww Arnav with a grown up daughter... Cuteness overload! :) He probably now looks like how he looked in Lavanya's dream! With streaks of gray hair! Hahaha :) Mind you, he still looked hot :) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! and yes everyone was writing it with younger kids so i thought i should do something diff lol besides the whole time those real life  things were in mind and ofcourse since im all grown up i had to show her like tht too haha
and OMG i imagined arnav exactly like tht hahaha LOL

And Sameera calls him baba! I find it sooo cute when children call their dads that. And it was soo cute how she was so close to her dad! Awww!
haha yes, thats cuz i call my dad baba lolEmbarrassed

It was Amazing Iqra and very well written too of course! And the best part is you said you included some real lines from life. And. That. Is. ADORABLE! :)   
thank youuu sooo much fari <3
do u wana know those real life moments?Wink i bet u do ahahaStar
Thanks for this comment truly made my day!

SmileyStar

-tanya96-

-tanya96-

Posted: 18 June 2012 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Awee..
Me likey! XD

-Grace-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top