Armu4eva

Posted: 17 June 2012 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
  • 18 Jun 2012
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • Kavita Awaasthi kavita.awaasthi@hindustantimes.com

Know your stars

Meet the contestants of Jhalak... 5

Sanath Jayasuriya

Who do you think will get the maximum audience votes? Most of the other contestants on Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa are very famous, so I'm sure the audience will support them. Performance-wise, I'll only know after watching the first episode. Who is your favourite dancer? Which is your favourite song? Suchitra, my choreographer, is my favourite dancer and my favourite song is 'Kolaveri Di'.

Name three dance forms?

Bollywood is the only form I've learnt so far.

Shibani Dandekar

Which dance style would you challenge yourself to learn? I love street funk and kathak, but I want to learn contemporary dance.

A song you'd like to dance to?

Probably one from Devdas. But I love retro too, so maybe some Zeenat Aman songs. Which dancing style do you consider the toughest? Ballroom dancing is tough because it involves a lot of technique and footwork.

One judge you would like to dance with? Each has with their own charm ' Madhuri would be fantastic, Remo would be scary because he's such a good dancer and Karan would be fun.

Gurmeet Chaudhary

What is your favourite dance style? I love Bollywood, but I'd like to challenge myself with Latin American dance. Who is your inspiration for dancing? Hrithik Roshan. I started practising after watching Kaho Naa'Pyaar Hai. But my motivation comes from my wife Debina.

Do you have stage fright? Just a few butterflies in my tummy since this is new to me.

A song you would like to dance to? Michael Jackson's 'Black or white'. One contestant you would like to be paired with? Sanath Jayasuriya, because I'm a big fan.

Darsheel Safary

Who do you think will get the maximum audience votes? I've got a great choreographer, so I'm hoping to impress the crowd. I'd like to match up to the level of the older contestants. Who is your favourite dancer? Which is your favourite dance sequence? Hrithik Roshan is my alltime favourite. 'Hollywood tonight' by Michael Jackson is my favourite song. Which contestant do you

think will do well? I can't comment on anyone's calibre. Being the youngest, I hope I become everyone's favourite.

Pratyusha Banerjee

Which judge do you want to impress the most?

I'd like to impress all three, and also the fourth ' the audience! What are you scared of the most on the show ' embarrassing yourself or losing? Nothing. I've come here to enjoy myself. I'm putting in my best effort and I feel I'm improving with every minute. Who is your all-time favourite dancer? Madhuri. I've grown up watching her. My favourite song is 'Humko aaj kal' from Sailaab. Which contestant do you think will have a smooth ride?

Isha Sharvani.

Giaa Manek

Which is your favourite dance style? I love hip-hop. I'd love to learn belly-dancing. I want to learn styles that I can carry of well.

Who is likely to be your toughest competitor? I'm competing only with myself. Moreover, this show isn't competition as I am doing it for fun. Your favourite dancing diva? Madhuri Dixit. She is simply the best. One judge you'd like to dance with? Karan Johar.

Edited by Armu4eva - 17 June 2012 at 8:53pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

adigaagVinder90kritzzz_ArShat_areebpickachux-affy-x

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HT: Know your stars -- JDJ" in Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kritzzz_ArSha

IF-Rockerz

kritzzz_ArSha

Posted: 18 June 2012 at 10:57am | IP Logged
tfs

x-affy-x

IF-Stunnerz

x-affy-x

Posted: 18 June 2012 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Tfs

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.